Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Jan 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2106284)   #276
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True, but then if it does work out ok then they cant take all the credit. If the cars are actually going to be run by the Charouz team with some Aston Martin support then I feel that the Aston Martin brand might not be fully realising its potential. No disrespect to Charouz, they are a great team and do a good job but they simply dont have the level of resources that Prodrive have or the engineering expertise, if the cars were run from Prodrive's base with prodrive engineers etc then surely the cars would stand a better chance of performing well. Just my opinion.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 00:27 (Ref:2106292)   #277
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
True, but then if it does work out ok then they cant take all the credit. If the cars are actually going to be run by the Charouz team with some Aston Martin support then I feel that the Aston Martin brand might not be fully realising its potential. No disrespect to Charouz, they are a great team and do a good job but they simply dont have the level of resources that Prodrive have or the engineering expertise, if the cars were run from Prodrive's base with prodrive engineers etc then surely the cars would stand a better chance of performing well.
And next year, when Prodrive enter for real they can say: "Boo-hoo. We gave Charouz a ton of factory support and they are a really good team, yet they weren't able to score top results against the Diesels. So maybe, dearest ACO, you should give a few more millimeters in restrictor-size for homologated engines, as it looks like, you didn't get the equation right on the first try... sigh"
Old 15 Jan 2008, 02:53 (Ref:2106343)   #278
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
True, but then if it does work out ok then they cant take all the credit. If the cars are actually going to be run by the Charouz team with some Aston Martin support then I feel that the Aston Martin brand might not be fully realising its potential. No disrespect to Charouz, they are a great team and do a good job but they simply dont have the level of resources that Prodrive have or the engineering expertise, if the cars were run from Prodrive's base with prodrive engineers etc then surely the cars would stand a better chance of performing well. Just my opinion.
I see you've got it figured out why then.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2109820)   #279
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched the A1 GP qualifying yesterday, must have been bored, and saw Thos Enge spinning a lot and qualifying 19 and 20 I think it was. I have to say that following his exploits last year with various Ferrari F430s, in particular when he wrote one off at Spa, I feel the choice of drivers for the Charouz effort may not show the best judgement for long distance racing
Old 20 Jan 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2109824)   #280
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why? He's won the GTS/GT1 class at Le Mans in 2003, and successfully finished the race in 2004, 2006, and 2007.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2109833)   #281
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thomas is one of the best endurance racers around in my opinion. He is a bit prone to making mistakes but arnt we all??. i feel charouz has a good line up of drivers who should push the car to the limit and can not wait to see this lola in action.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2110133)   #282
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Enge is the kiddy in my book . GT1 pole for how many years on the trot at Le Mans , 3 or 4 ?

Brilliant driver line up imo ..... shame they dont run 4 drivers at Le Mans , then there would also be a seat for Janis too !!!

Question ..... is it illegal to run 4 drivers at Le Mans ? There doesnt seem to ba any limit in grand-am !!! Im quite happy with 3 though .
Old 8 Feb 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2124374)   #283
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Interesting to note in DSC's (very revealing) interview with GH-C that Aston Martin Racing will run the Charouz Lola (unless I've misunderstood what was being implied). It sounds like a full on factory effort to me, especially bearing in mind that Team Jota will apparently only be responsible for running the '07 car.
Excellent interview with George Howard-Chappell on Endurance-Info.com. Amongst other things, confirmation that it will indeed be AMR engineers and technicians running the Charouz Lola Aston Martin in the LMS and at Le Mans.

Link
Old 8 Feb 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2124446)   #284
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Question ..... is it illegal to run 4 drivers at Le Mans ? There doesnt seem to ba any limit in grand-am !!! Im quite happy with 3 though .
I believe the rules say 3 drivers only at LM and GA rules say as few as 3 or as many as 5. I couldnt find it specifcally stated on the GA site but I believe SPEED had said betwen 3-5 drivers.
Old 9 Feb 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2124884)   #285
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
3 drivers only at LM
Old 10 Feb 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2125992)   #286
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from DSC that car ran for the first time yesterday afternoon at Prodrive's proving ground in Warwickshire.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2126005)   #287
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gosh, that was quick!
Old 10 Feb 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2126029)   #288
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's absolutely gorgeous!
Old 10 Feb 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2126031)   #289
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 22:05 (Ref:2126036)   #290
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
98% of me agrees with it being a gorgeous car - and in profile there's absolutely no question, but deep down, as with all the other coupes around at the moment, there's something about the angle of the windscreen and the raised nose that somehow jars - it doesn't quite hit the line of beauty in the way it should.

Still - the way it was photographed in a late English winter sunset was extremely evocative.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 22:15 (Ref:2126051)   #291
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bubble cockpit is really the only complaint from me.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 23:10 (Ref:2126094)   #292
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More and more I dislike the raised tunnel of the F1 style nose...
Old 11 Feb 2008, 00:59 (Ref:2126144)   #293
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
isynge, those are astute observations. The cars look good - but there are other coupes that have looked more gorgeous. Still, I prefer this beast to the Peugeot, at least in bare carbon. It looks the business. Wonder what colour this beast will end up?
Old 11 Feb 2008, 02:21 (Ref:2126167)   #294
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
It looks the business. Wonder what colour this beast will end up?
British racing green would be a reasonable bet I would think.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 03:31 (Ref:2126187)   #295
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd be happy with that (and a real one, not the lighter green of the works Astons now), but I'm not sure it's a foregone conclusion. It depends strongly on where the financial backing is coming from, and from how far Aston/Prodrive want to distance themselves from this project to hedge their bets.

After all, the works GT1 cars are no longer green, after a GIO cash infusion. So we shall see whether the Charouz backers from last year impose a similar direction on this P1.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2126243)   #296
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I'd be happy with that (and a real one, not the lighter green of the works Astons now), but I'm not sure it's a foregone conclusion. It depends strongly on where the financial backing is coming from, and from how far Aston/Prodrive want to distance themselves from this project to hedge their bets.

After all, the works GT1 cars are no longer green, after a GIO cash infusion. So we shall see whether the Charouz backers from last year impose a similar direction on this P1.
The lighter green on the works Astons is a real BRG- just Aston Martin's version of it... A-M's interpretation of BRG was generally a much lighter shade than Jaguar's back in the 50's
http://www.classicrallies.com/img/pictures/5357_mid.jpg
If it's going to be BRG, I'd rather see it in a proper Aston green- though if Gulf were to expand the GT1 deal to cover this as well I wouldn't complain too much....

As you said, I guess it will depend on how overt Prodrive and Aston want their involvement to look at this stage, and where the sponsorship's coming from- whether the white of last year's car was dictated by the sponsors, or simply a neutral base colour chosen by the team to apply the various logos to...
Old 11 Feb 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2126247)   #297
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk

Skoda will probably be back as a sponsor
Old 11 Feb 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2126290)   #298
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually the original green that Aston used in the 50's was Almond Green I believe, and the DBR9's followed on from that. It has since been known as Aston Racing Green, Proper BRG is a dark green and certainly not a metallic colour!

I guess the colour of the Lola Aston will depend on the main sponsors, personally I'd like to see it in another colour, not green. Leave that for a proper works (Prodrive) Aston next year. If I recall the first Lola Aston was black with a white stripe, that would be fine by me!

The new car almost looks great, it's just the high roofline that the regs call for that doesn't look right.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 11:05 (Ref:2126409)   #299
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
Skoda will probably be back as a sponsor
Good chance of the Czech colors to be revisited then as well... we shall see at Paul Ricard (although last year Charouz was "dressed" in carbon there as well....)
Old 11 Feb 2008, 12:17 (Ref:2126455)   #300
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In keeping with the Charouz colours the AMR1 GpC car from 89 was red,white and blue! Patriotic and keeps evey one at Charouz happy too!