No text:

http://www.f1gallery.ca/f1_movies/1979/Dijon79.mpg
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:43 (Ref:945903)   #2
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Link doesn't appear to work for me - what's the topic?

ST
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:45 (Ref:945906)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it 'chip off the old block'? And Dijon '79 is in the the link (which doesn't work for me either). Any Gilles, great stuff. Who is he a chip off?
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:51 (Ref:945911)   #4
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
Link doesn't appear to work for me - what's the topic?

ST
Too bad for U. The link is a scene from a GP 1979 where Gilles Villeneuve and René Arnoux are fighting for 2nd place and has everything that makes formula 1 worth watching. With original commend by Murray Walker. I posted this thread because topics about "the son of..." seem to be not so popular nowadays. Unbelievable since this still is the unofficial JV site. Son was like his father a great driver.... Many people seem to forget quickly.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:52 (Ref:945915)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we guessed.
There is a link to that video in this thread: Click here for the post.

Last edited by Adam43; 20 Apr 2004 at 19:56.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:55 (Ref:945921)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by minirda
Unbelievable since this still is the unofficial JV site.
Sorry, but it isn't a JV site. Official or unofficial.
Quote:
Son was like his father a great driver.... Many people seem to forget quickly.
Tenuous, indeed. Very tenuous. Also Jacques never had a race like this, but then not many ever did.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 20:01 (Ref:945929)   #7
minirda
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I think we guessed.
There is a link to that video in this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=51696
Didn't know, but I can't see this often anough, so...

Hope you all don't mind.

(Am i right that chip of the old block more or less means like father like son??)
Old 20 Apr 2004, 20:03 (Ref:945930)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes that is what Chip off the old bloke means.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 20:10 (Ref:945939)   #9
minirda
Racer

Quote:
Sorry, but it isn't a JV site. Official or unofficial.

:confused: It really isn't a JV site???? Can you explain to me what makes me think it is? I usually enter this site via a site calling itself the unofficial JV website.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 20:49 (Ref:945982)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That is an affliate of tentenths.com! There are loads. It is quite clever really. try one of Villeneuve's ex-team mate's unofficial site or click here for the full list (actually not all are listed at the moment). You can also read about what an affiliate is on that page too!

And here is the parent site: tentenths.com

As you can see we have an excellent array of friends and affliates.

Last edited by Adam43; 20 Apr 2004 at 20:56.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 20:52 (Ref:945986)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You mean this isn't the official Mulsanne's Corner board???

Ten-Tenths Rocks!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:00 (Ref:945996)   #12
minirda
Racer

Quote:
That is an affliate of tentenths.com! There are loads. It is quite clever really. try one of Villeneuve's ex-team mate's unofficial site or click here for the full list (actually not all are listed at the moment). You can also read about what an affiliate is on that page too!

And here is the parent site: tentenths.com

As you can see we have an excellent array of friends and affliates.
I see, amazing. Thanks!
Old 21 Apr 2004, 02:21 (Ref:946242)   #13
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought this site was Redshoes racing for months..
Old 21 Apr 2004, 03:27 (Ref:946255)   #14
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
:confused: It really isn't a JV site???? Can you explain to me what makes me think it is? I usually enter this site via a site calling itself the unofficial JV website.
Its all becoming much clearer now
Old 21 Apr 2004, 04:34 (Ref:946286)   #15
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's get back to GV. That rocked. What great racing that was. What is the likelyhood that we could see those moves in F1 today between ANY drivers? How many of this year's F1 drivers would do that if they had the chance?
Old 21 Apr 2004, 05:05 (Ref:946301)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Well, its not just the drivers, but the cars and tracks are different too.

And lets be realistic, this race was'nt the average display of racing in those days, it is one of the greatest of any era.

If we had 1 race like that this season, I hardly think we would consider the problem solved.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 08:07 (Ref:946377)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
If we had 1 race like that this season, I hardly think we would consider the problem solved.
Yes, as an example take Silverstone last year! The racing was between more than two drivers and for the lead and without contact (not that I consider that an issue with Dijon).

This is partly because of the situation, but partly because of a change in attitudes.

Maybe there is something in that. In the days when domination in a race could be accepted as an achievement we had more decent races?
Old 21 Apr 2004, 08:29 (Ref:946395)   #18
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Yes, and dont forget the internet was'nt around for anyone with a misinformed opinion to express.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 08:39 (Ref:946404)   #19
minirda
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by blueflagger
Let's get back to GV. That rocked. What great racing that was. What is the likelyhood that we could see those moves in F1 today between ANY drivers? How many of this year's F1 drivers would do that if they had the chance?
David Coulthard certainly would not........since Enrique Bernoldi "retired".

How many?
Michael, JPM, Kimi, FA and JB certainly would!

Klien, Sato, Massa and Bruni have some potential but have a lack of experience.

Webber, Fisi, Heidi or Trulli : I have serious doubts, even in a faster car.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 18:40 (Ref:946971)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
David Coulthard certainly would not........since Enrique Bernoldi "retired".

DC has been involved in more racing/successful overtaking manouvres than most of the grid.

Just drop your silly prejudices!
Old 21 Apr 2004, 19:11 (Ref:947000)   #21
minirda
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
DC has been involved in more racing/successful overtaking manouvres than most of the grid.

Just drop your silly prejudices!
Oh yeah, a real Braveheart, he certainly is....
Old 21 Apr 2004, 20:45 (Ref:947105)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No need to take the ****.

Sometimes I wonder if people here actually watch the races!
Old 21 Apr 2004, 22:48 (Ref:947248)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Oh yeah, a real Braveheart, he certainly is....
one for the old, if the names were reversed I feel. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=42743
Old 22 Apr 2004, 17:41 (Ref:948086)   #24
minirda
Racer

I didn't meen to bash DC and assume Kicking Back has a point. Looking at the statistics David is a great driver, who scored many points and victories, but he simply isn't my favourite. Over a decade in a great car, but all the time being outclassed by his teammate imo. For "Braveheart" I apologize, I realize that was cheap.
Thanx Adam for showing a rookie poster what this forum should be about.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 17:51 (Ref:948093)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Thanx Adam for showing a rookie poster what this forum should be about.
Are you taking the Michael

Anyway, Gilles! I hear rumours that there is going to be a series of '70s DVDs (like the new 1980 one), so hopefully we shall be able to get a decent copy of that race and those laps!