Other - specify 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Jul 2004, 23:48 (Ref:1033562)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Driver of the Race - British Grand Prix

Personally, I think this is another one horse race. But to make sure everyone is happy, I'll add a few other names that at least deserve a mention.

Top choice, no question in my book - Fisichella

Other top efforts:

Michael, he's so good he makes it look too easy. Safety car could'nt even stop him.

Kimi, top effort, ourclassing his teammate at his home GP.

Webber, after qualifying 9th, I thought he was light, turns out he was heavier that everyone in front.

Montoya, was stuck fighting that dog of a car once again.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 00:02 (Ref:1033574)   #2
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
fisi........no doubt..
Old 12 Jul 2004, 00:03 (Ref:1033576)   #3
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For pulling off a great move on Sato going into Copse and showing that he has talent to drive a half-decent car, I'm giving my vote to Kimi.

Felt a little sorry for Fernando. He kept fighting his way past the slower cars, but Renault's pit strategy was a little bizarre, so he had to fight his way past the same cars a few laps later!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 00:05 (Ref:1033577)   #4
gringottsdirect
Racer

United Kingdom
50 Rue St Georges Paris
gringottsdirect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted MS, had to, but Fisichella drove fantastic even if some of the pundits credit Bridgestone, Kimi made it a race.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 00:43 (Ref:1033596)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael. Those laps where it matters were brilliant..but often taken for granted by viewers. The safety car threatened to ruin MS's strategy and benefit the 3 stoppers but MS still held on.

Fisi and Kimi are both wonderful yesterday too.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 01:07 (Ref:1033602)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I voted Kimi. Comprehensively thrashing his team mate and giving MS a run for is money.

Had Kimi not got stuck in traffic he could have got in front at the pitstops.

As for being at Becketts during the race, his commitment through there was on a par with MS. It was amazing to see the difference compared to DC. If it wasn't for the same livery, you'd have been forgiven for thinking they were driving different chassis.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:22 (Ref:1033618)   #7
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I voted for Michael again - it was tough though as he makes it look so darned easy!

Kudos to Kimi and Fisi. Neither ever gave up, no matter how bad traffic was or a particular set of tires were behaving.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:25 (Ref:1033621)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisichella without a doubt as that was a fantastic effort in the Sauber.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 02:28 (Ref:1033624)   #9
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi. Undispute.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:16 (Ref:1033711)   #10
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron Dennis and the Macs. (Welcome back boys, had a nice hollyday? )
Old 12 Jul 2004, 06:41 (Ref:1033736)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Afraid it has to be Mickey-the-shoe. Fissi and Kimi deserve credit but Kimi had an opportunity (although his strategy would have resulted in second anyway) and Fissi made the best of a very bad job. But.........................................
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1033859)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went for Fisichella, although Michael, Kimi and Webber were all fantastic. Good showings from Montoya, Button and Massa as well though.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:36 (Ref:1033862)   #13
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back from vacations to vote Fisi!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1033904)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi
Old 12 Jul 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1033925)   #15
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote has to go to Fisi, he drove superbly from the back if the grid to a thoughly deserved 6th.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1033950)   #16
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi no doubt.

He really seems to have stepped up his game because he is absolutely throttling Massa. How did he end up getting in front of Massa during the race? I missed that part. I can only speculate it was in the pits.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:12 (Ref:1033989)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't often disagree with Martin Brundle, and I can't this time either. To get that Sauber where he did, Fisi deserves it hands down. Some consistency in the next few races and he might get that top seat that so many of his fans feel he deserves.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1034102)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fisi. No doubt at all. I think TGF's had plenty enough plaudits already, I'm not about to give him another just for driving 2-3 fast laps and avoiding the traffic.......

IMHO.

Old 12 Jul 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1034140)   #19
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted MS, anyone who can put it 4th on the grid with the fuel for a 2 stop job and carry the sameish pace as the leaders till they stop is prety special .
As has been said before with Ferrari and MS it's whole team performance rather than just the driver.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 15:57 (Ref:1034359)   #20
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MS won, but it was quiet obvious he ran hard for only a few laps. McLaren blew me away, but MS was still holding back and pacing himself while Kimi was all over him because MS knew Kimi coulnd't get by. Anyone who can't see that there's a difference in the way that MS drives now compared to 2002 is missing something. He does the bare minimum to win and goes so far that he takes chances because a small mishap will cost him a win that could have been his. Ferrari is so bulletproof that we haven't seen a graphic demonstration of MS's stratagy biting him.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 16:23 (Ref:1034387)   #21
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MS was the best out there .but i voted Fisico ... go Fisico .. maybe a podium this year

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Jul 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1034407)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Michael, Kimi or Fisi. It's close. Taking into account the cars each had it is almost a draw. Tricky...
Old 12 Jul 2004, 17:18 (Ref:1034429)   #23
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fisi.

Because.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 17:28 (Ref:1034440)   #24
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it to TGF. I marvel at the guy really, and I'm no fan of his at all. But he really does get the job done when it counts. His ability to do the lap times when required is awesome. True, he has the best car no doubt. But, if he wasn't in that car Ferrari would not have the number of wins they have this year in my opinion. They'd still be winning the championship, but with out him Ferrari could have easily lost the last two races. He's not a racer in my mind, but more like a machine and has perhaps the ultimate strategic mind.

Fisicella is right up there also. Kimi did a solid job, but nothing spectacular. However, you have to give it to McLaren for the nice turn around
Old 12 Jul 2004, 17:40 (Ref:1034456)   #25
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would give it to MS but because fisi made such a great drive and put Alonso and Renault to shame. i have to give it to him. what a drive.