Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Oct 2004, 16:25 (Ref:1117128)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I stand corrected, Jim.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1117404)   #27
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
It's pretty difficult to find, it was a local Act of Parliament so not in the usual sources. HMSO should be able to get a copy; but AFAIK the City still has the power to close the streets for 3 days of racing. A second Bill to increase this to 4 was talked out of Parliament by that IRA loving no-good sow Clare Short.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1117738)   #28
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
she left the cabinet now anyway ;P, heheheheheheh, how about pits and stuff if they used the old track would they use bristol street again ??? what about now motorsport is bigger than ever what about press confrence rooms etc etc ?? or would they use one of the parks near by to store the stuff ??
Old 19 Oct 2004, 21:34 (Ref:1128788)   #29
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so is there a serious chance this could happen agian then >

That would be just great ....Ive got some of the original TV broadcasts on tape of the Birmingham Superprix's from ITV live broadcasts they did back in 1986 and so on with following years ....they are just terrific !....ALESI side hitting the barriers as he hurtels around in a F3000 ...TOP STUFF !

that would be so good to have an event like that again !
Old 20 Oct 2004, 21:47 (Ref:1130049)   #30
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Sato I would love you forever if you could copy me some of that footage...?
Old 23 Oct 2004, 21:54 (Ref:1133222)   #31
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's amazing how many posting here are from the midlands area, isn't it. i never went to the original meetings, i was only 11 at the time of the last one, and my parents weren't really in to motorsport, in fact i remember my mom moaning about getting around brum. any way the wholesale market could be used as a pit lane(i think it was used for the paddock last time), but i'm not to sure of the exact layout of the roads, so i don't know if any remodelling would be required.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1133572)   #32
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
theres a layout of the superprix on www.etracksonline.co.uk or www.racingcircuits.net :x
Old 30 Oct 2004, 22:32 (Ref:1140854)   #33
McKay
Racer

McKay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The Old Pits were done at the front of some sort of car dealer i believe. And AFAIK, they ARENT allowed to close the streets for 3 days, but only 2 at most. But im not sure about that last but. Certainly hope it goes ahead, i'd definately come from London to see it.
Old 30 Oct 2004, 22:36 (Ref:1140855)   #34
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
yer the pits where bristol road motors which is a ford dealer, BUT it was SO cramped, i think a bit to small for motorsports today, BUT i could be wrong about that.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1142325)   #35
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by McKay
Certainly hope it goes ahead, i'd definately come from London to see it.
i agree , i think so many people will feel the same ....
it seems such a long time ago now that it actually happened .
Old 1 Nov 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1142343)   #36
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
The posts to house the armco is still in place, and there is still some armco barrier left erect from when it last raced in 1990...
Most of the postholes that have the Armco uprights slotted in have been lost in latter day roadworks operations.
There are some left.

As regards the Armco I was in a customers yards the other day and saw it all stacked high. He bought the lot from the Birmingham City Council.

200 tons of it.

I purchased the antenna and camera masts and very nice they were too.

So if anything happens again around the streets of Birmingham there is a huge load of capital expenditure to be approved. Unless my customer sells them the Armco back of course.
Old 2 Nov 2004, 07:40 (Ref:1142619)   #37
jim69
Racer

jim69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe he could rent it to them for the weekend
Old 2 Nov 2004, 13:41 (Ref:1142849)   #38
Grahame West
Racer

Scotland
Fife
Grahame West should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luckily I lived in Birmingham when the superprix races were on. Got a great vantage point in one of the NCP's right next to the track. Would happily come back to see what was some excellent racing. Now I am a marshal would hope to be closer to the action. So hope it happens, would be 200% better than any racing at Silverstone.