Contacts for Le Mans 24 hour

can anyone help by letting me know who to contact to marshal
at next years leman 24

cheers
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1698113)   #2
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
first place MSA house they will then forward details to there equlents(?) in france (ACO)

peter
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1698118)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A different problem

Anyone have the dates?
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:52 (Ref:1698125)   #4
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
Anyone have the dates?
Usually 3rd weekend in June.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1698126)   #5
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter195001
first place MSA house they will then forward details to there equlents(?) in france (ACO)

peter
You need the marshalling overseas form from Allan Dean-Lewis at MSA, make sure its for 2007!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 06:30 (Ref:1698198)   #6
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Contact the MSA and ask for the permission to marshal overseas form, it has a box at the bottom specifically stating permission to marshal at Le mans 07, if you tick that and get it back to them ASAP they will make your application.

You will most likely recieve an ACO form in Feb or March (in french) when you do its reasonably self explanitory but just mention it here and Im sure someone will help you out! Also, try to know in advance what Post Number you want to go to as it will ask!

There appears to be plenty of room at Post 61 if your intretsted!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:04 (Ref:1698346)   #7
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, who is doing what post next year, I'd like to go over there but I'm not to great at French so would like some one English on post with me!!!!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1698364)   #8
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
The main British post tends to be post 70, on the humpette near Mulsanne corner. There are other British marshals on other posts (14, 96, 106, startline, etc) but they tend to be part of established crews on those posts, so unless you are going with a regular, then post 70 is a likely starting place for your first year.

After you've been there and experienced things firsthand, you will have a better idea.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1698388)   #9
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Post 61 has a good few English, Irish and Canadian marshals, the Chef du Poste is near fluent so you wouldnt have an issue there!

Post 61 is the 2nd chicane on Mulsanne. VERY fast approach and a nice big gravel trap to keep you amused! Also has a mouth watering and soul stirring view of the whole mulsanne!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1698390)   #10
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The dates for 2007 from what i can see is the 16th/17th of june!!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1698405)   #11
Ty Nicholson
Racer

Ty Nicholson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm @ Post 100 which is an International post along with a Jock who speaks something resembling the English language. Unfortunately we are fully manned and crew chief is no longer accepting new marshals unless someone drops out. From the feedback after this years race we'll be up to capacity in 2007 but you're always welcome to swing by for a beer on the Friday
Old 31 Aug 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1698480)   #12
Legin Eillen
Rookie

United Kingdom
Mansfield
Legin Eillen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm usually on post 70, it is British with a couple (ie husband/wife) from America, and Tony the Chef de Poste, has a Jamaican passport i believe.
We come together from all over UK (I'm at Donington most of the time) so probably be a 'local' from whichever circuit(s) you frequent. Camping is in the grounds of the golf course, behind the 14th green I think, which has a very nice sprinkler system! But yes as someone already said probly a good post to start at and find out the lay of the land, how to get to the circuit village/pits area parking etc. All in all a good way to make 24hours last at least a week.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1698564)   #13
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As with other postes at Le Mans the chef must approve you to work at 61, usually through "sponsorship" by an existing poste worker. This should be set up before the applications come out in December (if you receive yours directly). This gets you one chance, essentially an audition. At the end of it you may be invited back, or not. Also, 61 is 2/3 French-speaking and some information does not get translated. I have enough French that sometimes I understand I'm missing something, and ask about it.

We were shorthanded this year because of the date conflict between Le Mans and Nurburgring. That may not happen next year because it'll be the 75th running.

Good luck,
keke
(the Canadian at poste 61)
Old 31 Aug 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1698590)   #14
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just realized that response might be off-putting, but it was more than 10 minutes later and I couldn't edit my message! All that's not to say you shouldn't try, you should just know that each poste has its own rules on how people get in. For comfort level you might like to try 70 to start and then switch to another poste in a later year once you have your feet under you (and know more people who are at different postes).

cheers, (and hi, DocH and jennifer!)
keke
Old 31 Aug 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1698602)   #15
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tis ok, I didn't take it as negative!
I've given the MSA an email, hopefully they will get the required froms off to me!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1698617)   #16
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A quick question. What is the minimun grade (course?) and how long must it have been held for?

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 3 Sep 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1700901)   #17
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When I first went to Le Mans in 1992 you had to have a minimum of fire (red) grade for working abroad. By the sound of it in this thread, the world has moved on since then so that might well have changed.

We are planning on doing Le Mans (post 70) in 2007 - just hope we will be able to!
Old 6 Sep 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1703457)   #18
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you just have to have a green badge or better. The MSA in effect sponsors you with the ACO so you have to have held your badge for a while. Tony Bushe, the Chef de poste on 70 will take anyone within reason. Poste 70 is the best place to start as it is exculsivly English-Speaking (apart from the 2 septics!) We were quite short this year, but with only 13 hours of marshalling in 5 days, it aint exactly hard work!
Old 7 Sep 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1704205)   #19
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Hey Stoowert, pity I didnt know you where around this year or we could have hooked up over the week! I was up on 61!

Quote:
A quick question. What is the minimun grade (course?) and how long must it have been held for?
My girlfriend Jennifer_NI is a green badge and was accepted with no problems! As long as your willing to multi-job throughout the week then your on a winner!