Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 5 Jul 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2496123)   #1
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
corbeau and cobra classic seats

Does anyone have experience with using the Corbeau Classic bucket seats in your classic with harnesses? I am thinking of replacing my (shabby) stock seats with a pair of the Corbeaus in one of my cars, but I have 3-point harnesses already installed. I am concerned that if I don't order them with harness slots on the sides that the harness will not fit properly and/or rub against the side bolsters of the seats. As far as I know, only the Cobra Classic CS model comes with harness slots, however I'd prefer the Corbeau as they appear to be a bit better quality.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2496159)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Smoky,I think youll find that the frames are made by the same company [if that still is the case].The seat that you refer to is very comfortable when fitted with the head restraint,they are also an excellent period race seat that has the bonus of light weight and there is no FIA lable,so you dont need to change it every five years!
Old 5 Jul 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2496271)   #3
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect you're right Terry, judging by the similarities (and thanks for the FIA regs tip). However, they are slightly different dimensions and the Corbeau at least in photos appears to have better padding and better quality stitching. I guess my real question here is if the harness slots in the side bolsters are an absolute necessity or rather a mere convenience for good fit when using 3-point harnesses with these type of seats.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 02:39 (Ref:2498734)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot will depend on where the lap belts are mounted really.If they are quite high,then the chances are that they will sit on top of the side bolster as opposed to going though them?