Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 4 Aug 2008, 09:46 (Ref:2263081)   #1
flipper
Rookie

flipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filter Kings

I changed my filter king and have bought a smaller bowled one (67mm from 85mm) .
I race a 1400cc engine and am just concerned what effect it may have - the engine seems to run smoother (its not been raced as yet) but then that could a result of new filter.
Thanks
Old 9 Aug 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2266330)   #2
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wouldnt of thought it would have any effect at all unless its set to a lower pressure, the bigger filter king just has the capacity to flow more fuel, but you wont get anywhere near the maximum flow capacity the smaller one anyway, unless your 1400 engine knocks out in excess of 250bhp

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 9 Aug 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2266420)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I've only just seen this, and I would agree with what Graham has said.
Even on side draft carbs 2/3 psi is all you need unless you want a fire !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Aug 2008, 21:18 (Ref:2266499)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I was having a lot of problems with a manual high pressure holley pump and holley regulators and someone recommended a Filter King and it cured all the problems immediatly. that was 12 years ago and its still going strong!
Old 9 Aug 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2266506)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I've got a 65mm version and was wondering if it would cause any fuel flow problems on my car.
Old 9 Aug 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2266562)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
I've got a 65mm version and was wondering if it would cause any fuel flow problems on my car.
Dont go any bigger, it might break you crankshaft !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Aug 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2267161)   #7
flipper
Rookie

flipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks all (as usual)

took the "risk" on the weekend and the engine ran sweetly (in the rain...) so it made little difference but a new filter does wonders for engine running.