Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Apr 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3053930)   #651
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep where are Hyundai when you need them? Weren't they rumoured to be circling Mike's site?

It's going to take that kind of manufacturer to throw some money in and take a chance on Henri's boys. Hopefully some good runs this year can help them get hitched for 2014.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3060844)   #652
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When can we see the Pescarolo 03??

Should not be long now, maybe later this month. I enjoyed seeing pictures soon
Old 17 Apr 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3060928)   #653
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
When can we see the Pescarolo 03??

Should not be long now, maybe later this month. I enjoyed seeing pictures soon
I must admit I am getting slightly nervous about this project. I really don't want to see it disappear off the Le Mans entry list. Doesn't seem like it will get much more than a shakedown before Spa does it?
Old 18 Apr 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3061609)   #654
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I must admit I am getting slightly nervous about this project. I really don't want to see it disappear off the Le Mans entry list. Doesn't seem like it will get much more than a shakedown before Spa does it?
I have been thinking the same thing for a while. I thought it might have been one of the first withdrawals. The timeframe seems too short to get this together IMO, although I really hope they do. The tie in with Luxury hopefully gives them the necessary funding and man power to make it happen. Have drivers even been signed for this car?
Old 18 Apr 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3061611)   #655
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I have been thinking the same thing for a while. I thought it might have been one of the first withdrawals. The timeframe seems too short to get this together IMO, although I really hope they do. The tie in with Luxury hopefully gives them the necessary funding and man power to make it happen. Have drivers even been signed for this car?
For the 03? Yes, Pescarolo's full-season squad (Collard/Bouillon/J.Jousse)., the guys that raced the 01-Judd V10 for the last time at Sebring.

EDIT: ACO website has an interview with Henri: http://www.lemans.org/fr/courses/24-...ique_6828.html

Main points about the 03: it won't look at all like the AMR-One, the car is in the course of being built at the moment but apparently they are either short on front bodywork elements, or the first front bodywork elements haven't arrived yet, which has given them a slight delay. I suspect their plans for that car are a shakedown before Spa and possibly a test before the Le Mans test day. As far as I'm aware, of the AMR-One tubs, two went to AAR/Highcroft and two to Pescarolo, so they have a spare tub at least.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 18 Apr 2012 at 18:36.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3061621)   #656
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
For the 03? Yes, Pescarolo's full-season squad (Collard/Bouillon/J.Jousse)., the guys that raced the 01-Judd V10 for the last time at Sebring.

EDIT: ACO website has an interview with Henri: http://www.lemans.org/fr/courses/24-...ique_6828.html

Main points about the 03: it won't look at all like the AMR-One, the car is in the course of being built at the moment but apparently they are either short on front bodywork elements, or the first front bodywork elements haven't arrived yet, which has given them a slight delay.
Thanks, I only see the lead driver listed on the Le Mans entry.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3061645)   #657
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pictures of the car?

When did they will release any photos of the car? Drawings? Anything?
Old 18 Apr 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3061658)   #658
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the second tub maybe will be used for a second car in 2013, usually a tub of a racecar is used for years and years because to damage the monoque structure is needed a really heavy impact. However to have a spare tub is always usefull IF there are enough spare parts for the bodywork, and maybe this can be a problem for them reading that. My worries is that now seems pescarolo team has as main aim to develope and fix dome s102.5 problems more than focus on pescarolo 03.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3061659)   #659
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Maybe we will see pictures when the car does its shakedown before Spa. Otherwise we probably have to wait until it shows up in the Spa paddock.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3061676)   #660
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo

Why wait so long :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Maybe we will see pictures when the car does its shakedown before Spa. Otherwise we probably have to wait until it shows up in the Spa paddock.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3061754)   #661
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I don't mind waiting until first practice of Le Mans as long as it actually shows up!

But obviously it needs track time. The fact Henri is answering questions about it is better than the complete radio silence we had been having. It's natural that it will be a race against time for them.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 01:59 (Ref:3061816)   #662
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Doesnt bode well though , does it . Normally Henri is extremly well prepared . This year I feel he will do some damage to his reputation for fielding a chassis like this .

I hope Im wrong as I feel Henri is a proper gentleman , and knows sportscars like very few do .
Old 19 Apr 2012, 05:02 (Ref:3061836)   #663
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
There's nothing wrong with the chassis. In fact, that's probably the bright part about the AMR-One. Isn't it the unfinished aspect of the car that's supposed to be worrying?
Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3061886)   #664
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
There's nothing wrong with the chassis. In fact, that's probably the bright part about the AMR-One. Isn't it the unfinished aspect of the car that's supposed to be worrying?
I could not agree more.

There are a few people that said the chassis is acctualy very good, so... let´s wait and see the rest.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3061889)   #665
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Henri Pescarolo :
"La Pescarolo 03 est tout simplement magnifique. Si elle va aussi vite qu’elle est belle, je peux vous assurer qu’elle sera très performante !"
"The Pescarolo 03 is simply splendid. If it goes as fast as it's beautiful, I can assure you that it will be very efficient !"

He also says that there are delays with the making of some front parts of the bodywork.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3061895)   #666
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Henri Pescarolo :
"La Pescarolo 03 est tout simplement magnifique. Si elle va aussi vite qu’elle est belle, je peux vous assurer qu’elle sera très performante !"
"The Pescarolo 03 is simply splendid. If it goes as fast as it's beautiful, I can assure you that it will be very efficient !"

He also says that there are delays with the making of some front parts of the bodywork.
The performance comparison between the 2 Pescarolo Team entries is one of the most intriguing aspects of this year's race.......I suspect the 03 will surprise a few people.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3062055)   #667
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Henri Pescarolo :

Makes me think they might have gone with a non-AMR crashbox - because the AMR-One item is quite unique and Henri says it won't look like the AMR-One. Can't wait to see it!
Old 19 Apr 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3062187)   #668
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Henri knows his business and I feel he will surprise a few people this year old pesca shirt will be worn to show my support for the team and might even buy a new one
Old 19 Apr 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3062194)   #669
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Think the team has been testing at the Bugatti circuit today:

Old 19 Apr 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3062209)   #670
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wheres the green wheels ?
Old 19 Apr 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3062223)   #671
Prometheus
Rookie

Germany
Dortmund
Prometheus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More testing pics from Circuit Bugatti on Facebook:

Dome-Pescarolo: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3622911&type=1

OAK Racing LMP1 & LMP2: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3622911&type=1
Old 19 Apr 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3062247)   #672
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
It's the only thing missing from a cool car!
Old 19 Apr 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3062248)   #673
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It's hard to spot the differences between the Gulf Liveried P1 and P2 cars. #15 is the P1 Gulf car, and #24 is the P1 Gulf car.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3062290)   #674
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To be fair though weren't the yellow wheels sort of Dome's thing, like when the car first came out in 08? Still looks fantastic this way though even with the yellow wheels, the colors of the two teams mesh very nicely!
Old 19 Apr 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3062317)   #675
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It's the only thing missing from a cool car!
When has Henri ever run cars with green wheels?

As KIBD says I like the yellow wheels as a bit of a Dome calling card.