Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 May 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3078679)   #876
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's a big 'Lunch with...' interview with Henri in the latest issue of Motorsport magazine.

Got my subscription issue in the post yesterday, but haven't had time to sit and have a good read of it yet.
Old 24 May 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3078707)   #877
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
That is the Luxury version of the story.

http://www.autonewsinfo.com/2012/05/...vue-48481.html has some comments from Henri Pescarolo. Apparently the Luxury lawyers convinced the Belgian judge that two Ferraris are not theirs. The cars are owned by a company whose headquarters is located on Saint Martin in the Caribbean
So not an offshore bank account but an offshore race team! That really is the height of Luxury!
Old 24 May 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3078720)   #878
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So not an offshore bank account but an offshore race team! That really is the height of Luxury!
I think I see the pun in that statement

Not as bad as Tucker's deal, but still exploiting a loophole to keep racing.
Old 24 May 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3078757)   #879
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

http://www.autonewsinfo.com/2012/05/...vue-48481.html has some comments from Henri Pescarolo. Apparently the Luxury lawyers convinced the Belgian judge that two Ferraris are not theirs. The cars are owned by a company whose headquarters is located on Saint Martin in the Caribbean
Should have come to Bermuda, no corporate taxes/regulation and would have easily got billions of taxpayer money from the Progressive Labour Party government in return for a local driver or Bermuda sticker! Cayman is another good option.

To be fair, this is nowhere near Tucker, but this seems sketchy.
Old 24 May 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3078772)   #880
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Oh really now? How convenient

Although I'd be hardly surprised if they were the only ones doing this.
Old 24 May 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3078784)   #881
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to Main Libre (see here for a scan of the article), the Pescarolo 03 is supposed to do its shakedown at Magny Cours next Monday with a number of other teams (Oak, Gulf Middle East, ...).

The article also gives a reaction from Henri Pescarolo on the Luxury verdict:
Quote:
It is not a judgment on the substance of the case but a court decision which follows the request of another person who claims to be owner of the cars.
Old 24 May 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3078813)   #882
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
There is a much longer interview with Henri Pescarolo on http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-10957.html.

Regarding the Luxury situation, Henri says the following:
Quote:
The first is that the judgment of the Court of Appeal of Liege was not a judgment on the substance of the case, it was a judgment on whether the lifting of the seizure of two Ferraris. The substance of the case, it must be remembered, is that the team has suffered a complete failure of a promise made that consisted of financing a two-year program, with the construction of a new car and its operation. It was logical that Pescarolo Team tries to win its rights. Moreover, the Court of Appeal of Liege in its judgment concludes: "The dossier submitted by Team Pescarolo is sufficient to show the opacity and the legal mess that governs the organization of Luxury Racing Team." This clearly means that because of partnership with ghosts residing in different tax havens, the system is completely invulnerable, hence the lifting of the seizure.
The Pescarolo 03 will do a shakedown at Châteauroux and then on May 29th it will be at Magny Cours with four other teams. The Dome S102.5, which has been rebuilt, will also test at Magny Cours.

Judd has identified the issue that caused the engine failure for Oak at Sebring and the Dome at Bugatti. From time to time, the pistons touched the head and broke. This issue has been fixed and all Judd LMP1 engines ran flawless at Spa.
Old 24 May 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3078910)   #883
tarpon
Rookie

tarpon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To have an offshore company is a good option if it gives more money to hold the team.Many companies from the biggest did the same thing and it is absolutely legal. the risks are divided.
I have worked a long time with British companies ,the first question they asked me was;" where do you want to be paid?" and it was a long time ago.

Pescarolo himself has a company MHP which is completely separated from Pescarolo team which is only a racing executant.The headquarters in Le Mans has nothing to see with the team and belongs to Pescarolo and wife.
PESCAROLO is not the owner of the AMR chassis( Roald Goethe)nor the Dome ,he is in the same position as luxury.

But a really good news ,french company Cetelem ,a subsidiary of BNP anounced a contract with Pescarolo (team?) ,they have the same color logo.
Old 24 May 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3078942)   #884
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That is good news
Old 24 May 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3078947)   #885
tarpon
Rookie

Sorry for the doublet.

oak racing has made the choice of Nissan engine for one of its P2 car at LM to make comparison with the JUDD .

Last edited by tarpon; 24 May 2012 at 20:41.
Old 24 May 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3078950)   #886
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon View Post
But a really good news ,french company Cetelem ,a subsidiary of BNP anounced a contract with Pescarolo (team?) ,they have the same color logo.
Good news to an extent. In Autosport today Henri says the team have covered the loss from the Luxury mess - probably due to this new deal - but that the funding at the moment is only in place through Le Mans.

Looks like it is touch and go whether the 03 will continue in the WEC. A lot may depend on how it debuts at LM but I wouldn't put it past Henri to pull something out of the bag.
Old 24 May 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3078953)   #887
tarpon
Rookie

To have an offshore company is a good option if it gives more money to hold the team.Many companies from the biggest did the same thing and it is absolutely legal. the risks are divided.
I have worked a long time with British companies ,the first question they asked me was;" where do you want to be paid?" and it was a long time ago.

Pescarolo himself has a company MHP which is completely separated from Pescarolo team which is only a racing executant.The headquarters in Le Mans has nothing to see with the team and belongs to Pescarolo and wife.
PESCAROLO is not the owner of the AMR chassis( Roald Goethe)nor the Dome ,he is in the same position as luxury.

Old 25 May 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3079226)   #888
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
new Pescarolo P3 front end

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1..._first_pic.jpg
Old 25 May 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3079229)   #889
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
That's and unique design!
A bit AMR-One-ish.
Old 25 May 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3079238)   #890
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
An incomplete car, unpainted and without any sponsor logos on it...yet someone's put a number on the front?
Old 25 May 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3079240)   #891
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
the structure in the BHH is interesting, an open-topped box?

I was hoping it wouldn't have a high nose but I guess there was no way around that.
Old 25 May 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3079250)   #892
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
despite what henri said the front section to me looks like a little revised version of the amr-one one... sincerly i hoped that they would use all this time to make something really new...
well at least i hope that the final version of the car won't have the same high side R10 structure like the amr-one.
Old 25 May 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3079279)   #893
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
An incomplete car, unpainted and without any sponsor logos on it...yet someone's put a number on the front?
Unpainted , its painted white !!! ..... as is his Dome .

I think cars have to carry numbers , test or no test .
Old 25 May 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3079286)   #894
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
despite what henri said the front section to me looks like a little revised version of the amr-one one... sincerly i hoped that they would use all this time to make something really new...
well at least i hope that the final version of the car won't have the same high side R10 structure like the amr-one.
I don't associate Pescarolo with development, so I don't hold too much hope. Time is running out too. However, if reliable, experience of Le Mans is surely their advantage.
Old 25 May 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3079293)   #895
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Unpainted , its painted white !!!
It's been a long day!
Old 25 May 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3079294)   #896
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought henri said they had a beutiful solution. erm sorry but its still looking like a right munter (fugly) to me. but i guess most of the major aero mods coild br undet the skin. i must admit i woul love to see the car do well and causr prodrive huge embarrasment. they talked a good job and delivered a completr turd of a car.
Old 25 May 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3079296)   #897
FGE
Rookie

Germany
Lüneburg
FGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Could be worse...
Old 25 May 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3079298)   #898
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well I don't care what it looks like it is how it goes that is important
Old 25 May 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3079299)   #899
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Unpainted , its painted white !!! ..... as is his Dome .

I think cars have to carry numbers , test or no test .
Besides, a number is nothing more than a sticker on many cars, takes about 15min to apply perfectly.
Old 25 May 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3079301)   #900
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don't associate Pescarolo with development, so I don't hold too much hope. Time is running out too. However, if reliable, experience of Le Mans is surely their advantage.
They developed their 01 into a pretty potent machine. Probably the best private P1 in 2009.