Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Aug 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2516453)   #101
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Oh no! Thats a massive shame and quite probably the strongest Asian team which makes it even worse that they wont be there at their home race. Was looking forward to seeing that smooth livery adorn their Porsche once again this year. Wonder why they have suddenly dissolved?I doubt it was anything to do with money.

So will AMR front with one or two cars?
Old 5 Aug 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2516455)   #102
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah that's too bad about GOH. The damage on the car looked mainly cosmetic, but I could be way off. Definitely looked like a well put together team, sad to see them go.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2516456)   #103
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This puzzles me. I thought the idea was for Goh to add another Le Mans (class) winner to his collection - all the more reason to try again with it next year...
Old 6 Aug 2009, 00:48 (Ref:2516530)   #104
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Yeah that's too bad about GOH. The damage on the car looked mainly cosmetic, but I could be way off. Definitely looked like a well put together team, sad to see them go.
I don't see why them selling the chassis has anything to do with damage. That same, perfectly intact, chassis has been sold before... They haven't 'gone' either - they didn't 'go' permanently after winning Le Mans overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
This puzzles me. I thought the idea was for Goh to add another Le Mans (class) winner to his collection - all the more reason to try again with it next year...
Keep in mind that their success - actually them starting the car at all - requires the support of Porsche AG and its competition arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Oh no! Thats a massive shame and quite probably the strongest Asian team which makes it even worse that they wont be there at their home race. Was looking forward to seeing that smooth livery adorn their Porsche once again this year. Wonder why they have suddenly dissolved?I doubt it was anything to do with money.
Goddamnit, why does everyone act like Goh has suddenly folded? Keep in mind that this is a team that has only intermittently fielded cars in Europe (or at all) but has managed to retain key staff and keep them busy, whether it is by pointlessly running MC12s in Super GT, crewing the supposedly Belgian-run Dome at Le Mans, or sweeping shop floors for very creditable salaries. Kazumichi Goh is not just wealthy - he is also very shrewd.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2516533)   #105
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
It is not from a money problem that Team Goh dissolved.
Kazumichi Goh is a grandchild of the founder of Bridgestone.

Team Goh is a project team formed at not a permanent team but each race.
Therefore, they were to have dissolved because the RS spyder program had ended.
Therefore, we will be able to see them in the next project.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 01:06 (Ref:2516536)   #106
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
It is not from a money problem that Team Goh dissolved.
Kazumichi Goh is a grandchild of the founder of Bridgestone.

Team Goh is a project team formed at not a permanent team but each race.
Therefore, they were to have dissolved because the RS spyder program had ended.
Therefore, we will be able to see them in the next project.
Thanks for the Japanese perspective! That's basically what I was trying to say, but with more useful details. I don't get this random 'sky is falling' mentality.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 03:09 (Ref:2516570)   #107
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks to Japanese Samurai for your insight.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 06:13 (Ref:2516596)   #108
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Keep in mind that their success - actually them starting the car at all - requires the support of Porsche AG and its competition arm.
For which he could pay.

Anyway, do we know to whom the car was sold?
Old 22 Aug 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2526154)   #109
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems the priority for Henri is to run the 908 in Japan. Here

L.P.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2526714)   #110
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
OH NO!!! If JLOC wins in GT1, they get an automatic bid to Le Mans! Go Nova Team or someone needs to get LAA or someone else to enter a GT1 to spare us from having to see that lame JLOC bunch again next year.

DK

I think LAA is entered there.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 20:25 (Ref:2526864)   #111
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I think LAA is entered there.
One can only hope!

DK
Old 23 Aug 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2526925)   #112
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All one has to do is look. Here

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 03:35 (Ref:2527646)   #113
Robin Lewis
Rookie

Robin Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well I hate to say this but Adelaide Australia DID had a round that was part of the American LeMans Series, it was over Dec31 to Jan the 1st about 8 or 9 years back, the state gov agree to one race to see how it would go, depending how it went, it was going to be as part of an Asian LeMan Series that was about to start up latter that year, but the state gov said no because haveing the that round and the V8 racing on the street was just to much....
Old 26 Aug 2009, 05:13 (Ref:2528310)   #114
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre200 View Post
Confirmed - ACO announces Shanghai is cancelled. (source DSC)
Shanghai was probably never likely to happen. The track owners charge ex-orbitantly for anyone who wants to touch the track. They are paying F1/FOM so much money they have to make it back from everyone else.

I suggest the ACO takes a look at coming to Zhuhai instead, just 1 hour away from Hong Kong by hydrofoil. Guangdong province is a huge market also. China is not only Shanghai.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2528315)   #115
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
KSM and Signature should be taken off the list .

Id laugh my arse off if JLOC won in GT1 !!!
Old 26 Aug 2009, 06:51 (Ref:2528338)   #116
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
KSM and Signature should be taken off the list .

Id laugh my arse off if JLOC won in GT1 !!!
I think your arse is quite safe...

To finish first, first you have to finish....................................
Old 26 Aug 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2528636)   #117
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will GT1 be the best GT1 battle of the year?

Also, did the ACO intentionally make their AsianLMS logo look like the old ALMS logo?

Chris
Old 28 Aug 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2529817)   #118
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
zhuhai is the track for china lemans. shanghai cause intense heat or mental anguish for teams and organisers.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2529952)   #119
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
One can only hope!

DK

Just as good; Labre(sp?) Competition is expected there.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 16:31 (Ref:2532575)   #120
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
23 confirmed entries, ahead of the entry close, which is the 5th. Here

I notice that Goh is still on the list. (?)

L.P.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2532609)   #121
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The entry list is dated as of 1/9/2009, which suggests to me they just posted the list from way back then.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2532611)   #122
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
The entry list is dated as of 1/9/2009, which suggests to me they just posted the list from way back then.
You are mis-reading the date! That is, 1 Sept, 2009

L.P.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 18:37 (Ref:2532649)   #123
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm i thought Goh had sold the RS Spyder on again?

Decent enough entry just wish one or another of the Acura teams would enter....
Old 1 Sep 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2532665)   #124
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG View Post
Hmmm i thought Goh had sold the RS Spyder on again?

Decent enough entry just wish one or another of the Acura teams would enter....
That is the impression I was under also. But they have not evidently withdrawn, the Pesca 908, Speedy Lolas, LAA and IMSA Matmut are not on the list, so it has been adjusted.

Yes, I think if Acura does not go, they miss a large opportunity to show in front of a 'home crowd', per se.

L.P.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2532690)   #125
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
The Acura brand doesn't exist in Japan though...it does in China, so maybe a case could have been made to go there, but since there is no chinese race...