Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jul 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3102859)   #2651
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New livery also for Dempsey's LMP2:

Old 6 Jul 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3102882)   #2652
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

Looks great! Better not scratch it because... They don't have spares.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3102892)   #2653
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Looks great! Better not scratch it because... They don't have spares.
Good job jinxing it....

Quote:
Red flag for #25 @GoDempseyRacing PC machine off in Turn One. #LimeRockGP
Old 6 Jul 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3102894)   #2654
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Good job jinxing it....
That was their PC car
Old 6 Jul 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3102897)   #2655
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Ooops. RIF.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3102904)   #2656
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

good job standing on the wrong side of the car for the picture.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3102922)   #2657
amidst tundra
Racer

United Kingdom
Andover
amidst tundra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_44 View Post
Well yes, I know that, I meant his ilk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I do love Slovakia although the FIA butchered it for the GT1 race. Simple run-off is needed, but some of these tracks are just ridiculous and encourage stupid driving, even Spa hasn't escaped. You may not agree, but the majority of my favourite circuits in the world are in North America (I like the simple but exciting Aussie tracks as well). With the exception of simple safety upgrades like at the Glen, or the chicane at Road Atlanta the tracks have not lost their character they once had since the FIA is not in full control and most Americans couldn't give a damn about F1, so no need to butcher tracks for it. Mosport shows that you can improve a facility without butchering the circuit.
I'm quite fond of the Österreichring facelift, except the silly new name, but I'll agree with North America (Limerock-Barber-VIR-The Glen-Laguna Seca and Portland all great circuits) and Australia although I'd argue we still have some great circuits in the UK, their downfall is their development is often constrained by covenants or other red tape that prevents them being able to host larger events. The thing is, I quite enjoy the newer Spanish and French circuits like Navarra, there's definitely something about the cut and paste ideas Tilke adopts that are not as entertaining as can be achieved in the H&S era.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 03:17 (Ref:3103125)   #2658
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing for the late-season, the drivers of the 2nd Dyson are negotiating funding to run the last 2 races at VIR and PLM in addition to the rest of the sprint races and Road America.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3104278)   #2659
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
One thing for the late-season, the drivers of the 2nd Dyson are negotiating funding to run the last 2 races at VIR and PLM in addition to the rest of the sprint races and Road America.
Excellent news! The more track time and the better those kids could do!

Chris
Old 11 Jul 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3105360)   #2660
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/hunter-reay-con...rticle/249861/
Ryan Hunter-Reay will definitely be driving the Viper GTS-R at Petit Le Mans, but he won't be driving it any earlier. Still no confirmation on when the Viper will actually debut.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 02:03 (Ref:3105405)   #2661
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.racer.com/hunter-reay-con...rticle/249861/
Ryan Hunter-Reay will definitely be driving the Viper GTS-R at Petit Le Mans, but he won't be driving it any earlier. Still no confirmation on when the Viper will actually debut.
So the current IndyCar leader wants to race a Viper to Road America, eh? That's great news for both the SRT and Hunter-Reay!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 02:47 (Ref:3105413)   #2662
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
So the current IndyCar leader wants to race a Viper to Road America, eh? That's great news for both the SRT and Hunter-Reay!
Petit Le Mans, Road Atlanta. He doesn't want to distract from his title run. And it's been tossed around from the program announcement that he is only a third driver for SRT. Still yet to announce their fourth full-season driver and second endurance driver.

Chris
Old 13 Jul 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3106077)   #2663
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Looks like we have our answer regarding the Viper program.

http://www.alms.com/articles/srt-vip...mid-ohio-debut
Old 13 Jul 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3106128)   #2664
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Still yet to announce their fourth full-season driver and second endurance driver.
Hey Chris, is Marc Goosens a new name or has that been confirmed for a while? I might have missed that one if so.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3106130)   #2665
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Hey Chris, is Marc Goosens a new name or has that been confirmed for a while? I might have missed that one if so.
Wittner, Farnbacher and Goosens were the first three announced drivers when the car was unveiled officially. However... I'm not sure how much of RHR we'll be seeing now, considering the fact that he's suddenly found himself in the Indycar championship lead.
Old 15 Jul 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3106693)   #2666
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ok , Whose Wittner then ?
Old 15 Jul 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3106709)   #2667
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kuno Wittmer, a Canuck.

Has been racing Vipers in World Challenge for a while.

http://www.srtmotorsports.com/drivers/kuno-wittmer.html
http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/kuno-wittmer/
Old 15 Jul 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3106717)   #2668
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This isn't the first time Goossens or Hunter-Reay drove for a team owned by Riley Technologies...in fact, they drove together.

In 2007, Goossens and Hunter-Reay won a Grand-Am race in Utah in the Riley-Matthews DP, co-driving with Jim Matthews.

Goossens has also driven for Riley-D'Hondt (owned by Riley Technologies) in a NASCAR race at Watkins Glen.

So that's two Riley-connected drivers (Goossens and RHR), and two SRT/Dodge-connected drivers (Farnbacher and Wittmer).

I wonder if the two remaining to confirm will follow a similar pattern of having a past with Riley or with SRT/Viper/Dodge.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3108592)   #2669
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So what's the deal with the Mid-Ohio broadcasting deal... the initial message (which still applies I'd think) said that the race would be covered live by ABC but not streamed on ESPN3. Okay, that's fine and funky but now the ABC broadcast has been shorted by 1 hour, ie cutting off the first hour like ESPN2 did at LRP and next weekend's Mosport GP.

Now, the official IMSA site for Lexington shows that the qualifying will be on ESPN3, but not the race. However, on alms.com it says that the live streaming of the race will commence, but does not specify ESPN3.

So am I right to say this:
In US, the race is shown live solely only on ABC, but only the last 105 minutes are shown
In Europe, the entire race is shown live on alms.com and Motors TV
Old 19 Jul 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3108614)   #2670
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So what's the deal with the Mid-Ohio broadcasting deal... the initial message (which still applies I'd think) said that the race would be covered live by ABC but not streamed on ESPN3. Okay, that's fine and funky but now the ABC broadcast has been shorted by 1 hour, ie cutting off the first hour like ESPN2 did at LRP and next weekend's Mosport GP.

Now, the official IMSA site for Lexington shows that the qualifying will be on ESPN3, but not the race. However, on alms.com it says that the live streaming of the race will commence, but does not specify ESPN3.

So am I right to say this:
In US, the race is shown live solely only on ABC, but only the last 105 minutes are shown
In Europe, the entire race is shown live on alms.com and Motors TV
It's really confusing and the only way I will be watching it is when it is uploaded to the ALMS website video section.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3108637)   #2671
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://gordonkirby.com/categories/co..._is_no344.html

Story about Dyson racing, and how the Lola situation has affected them.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3108648)   #2672
Speed-King
Veteran

The really big news in that one is that Mazda will be gone from P1 next year....
Old 19 Jul 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3108650)   #2673
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The really big news in that one is that Mazda will be gone from P1 next year....
I'm guessing they'll still use the AER considering their relationship with that firm, just un-badged. I still wonder what this team's long-term future in LMP1 and racing in general will be, perhaps a more Pro-Am ridebuyer approach like we have seen with their second car last year and in 2012?
Old 19 Jul 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3108662)   #2674
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do agree with his comment about fans wanting to see cutting edge technology. I am not a fan of spec racing like Grand Am.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3108672)   #2675
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm also glad to hear that Lola's situation will not deter them from running their current chassis as long as they wish. And about the future - could Dyson build their own car?

Quote:
As far as the future and what chassis development we can do I think we can either evolve this car or build another one. We're not going to stop sports car racing just because Lola has disappeared and frankly I don't think anyone else is either. I think the plan would be that when it comes time for us to do something we'll deal with it. But we anticipate being able to maintain this chassis as it evolves and if we have to draw something new we'll do what we have to do.