Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 Jul 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2726743)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
And the old Dallaras are now worthless.
I see your points when it comes to teams shelling out for new equipment in 2012, JagtechOhio, but

- Exactly how competitive would the current Dallara be when it would be dragging a 200 lbs. anchor against the new cars? I think we know the answer to that question, don't we?

-How much would it cost to refit that old Dallara to hold the new engines, and?

-Why would Dallara want to get involved in creating new engine covers for the old cars (sans airbox) or those refit chits and bits to accommodate the new engines when they are focused on selling the new product?

I highly doubt that seven guys sat around in a vacuum to come up with this...I would think that they would have talked to all of the builders about this scenario and gotten input from them before taking this step.

One American Open Wheel Series!