Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2445013)   #51
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Commentators are terrible. Tags the most experienced driver in the field? Forgot about Franchitti, Helio and Kanaan?
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2445015)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dariooooooo.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2445017)   #53
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
SO, Dario is well and truly BACK! I would love it, but it means we have to be subjected to Ashley Judd........
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2445019)   #54
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't agree more with all of your comments.

and Ganassi to Dario...

"That exorcises alot of demons, doesn't it?"
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:40 (Ref:2445024)   #55
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Dario Franchitti for the win!

Danica ran an awesome race to get 4th!! Way to go girl!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2445030)   #56
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh fantastic
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:49 (Ref:2445032)   #57
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are the final results for Long Beach..

1. #10 Dario Franchitti
2. #12 Will Power
3. #11 Tony Kanaan
4. #7 Danica Patrick
5. #4 Dan Wheldon
6. #26 Marco Andretti
7. #3 Helio Castroneves
8. #2 Raphael Matos
9. #06 Robert Doornbos
10. #34 Alex Tagliani
11. #21 Ryan Hunter-Reay
12. #02 Graham Rahal
13. #6 Ryan Briscoe
14. #14 Vitor Meira
15. #9 Scott Dixon
16. #23 Darren Manning
17. #98 Stanton Barrett
18. #20 Ed Carpenter
19. #5 Mario Moraes
20. #27 Hideki Mutoh
21.#24 Mike Conway
22. #18 Justin Wilson
23. #13 EJ Viso
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:50 (Ref:2445033)   #58
Keyfabe
Rookie

England
Leeds
Keyfabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great drive by Dario, and good to see Helio back too.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2445037)   #59
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dixon's behind Barrett in the points too... :/
Old 19 Apr 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2445043)   #60
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Dario on the race win - Good drive by Will Power too...

Danica, awesome - what was her grip with Kanaan about the blend line?
Old 19 Apr 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2445055)   #61
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know Gomick, if it was shown on the broadcast I missed it. That was one time where she should have let her performance stand on its own merit, and kept her mouth shut. She was babbling the whole interview.

Tag's pass was about the high point of the race. Not a memorable event, for my taste...I hate watching race cars get bent, but that whole field was being very careful.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2445069)   #62
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Dixon's behind Barrett in the points too... :/

I was about to coment on that! He may have been slow but he kept out of everybodys way & is being rewarded for it as he's well up on several of the regulars in the standings.

Hopefully Will Power has shown enough to keep him in a ride for the rest of the season. It would be a massive shame for the driver 2nd in the points were only to drive in a couple more rounds this season. He deserves better & I woudn't be convinced if Penske say that they don't have the money or resources. They have more of both than almost any other team in the series...

Well done to Dario as well. The best way possible to return to Long Beach

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 20 Apr 2009, 01:17 (Ref:2445093)   #63
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst View Post
I was about to coment on that! He may have been slow but he kept out of everybodys way & is being rewarded for it as he's well up on several of the regulars in the standings.

Hopefully Will Power has shown enough to keep him in a ride for the rest of the season. It would be a massive shame for the driver 2nd in the points were only to drive in a couple more rounds this season. He deserves better & I woudn't be convinced if Penske say that they don't have the money or resources. They have more of both than almost any other team in the series...
Well you say that, but they always run two cars in Indycar Series so I suspect a full time third car is not quite as easy as it is perceived to be. It's a big drain on resources, especially in these times and for a team that spreads itself across so many series competitively.

At the end of the day Penske owe Will nothing. He had no seat anyways, Penske has given him a shop window for a brief time and he has impressed. Now we wait and see if he gets a seat after the lucky break of Helio being absent has ended.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2445127)   #64
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
"King of the Internet",

Here's my take on that, nominate me as your Court Jester if I'm wrong...

There is no way that Roger Penske will elect to sideline a competitive entry. He could buy Kansas and have Power run private test sessions before the race if he wanted. There will be a third car, and it Will be Power'ed.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2445518)   #65
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be a blight on the championship if the guy in 2nd place, ahead of both teammates was left out of a ride
Old 20 Apr 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2445527)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
"King of the Internet",

Here's my take on that, nominate me as your Court Jester if I'm wrong...

There is no way that Roger Penske will elect to sideline a competitive entry. He could buy Kansas and have Power run private test sessions before the race if he wanted. There will be a third car, and it Will be Power'ed.
Well here's hoping.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2445876)   #67
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race from what i saw of it. Near 'to-good-to-be-true' pitting by the #10 team!
Old 28 Apr 2009, 23:57 (Ref:2451896)   #68
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Can't wait for this, will be ashame to see Long Beach without Champcar, but I guess this will have to do on our way to complete unification.

Also cant wait to try out that Race Control thing on Indycar.com.

We will definetaly see some of the ex-champcar drivers do well in this race.
I've tried it and it's not that good, then again I live in England at the mo and maybe the broadband isn't that broad.