Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Oct 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1734519)   #1
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Making the most of your investment..

F1 manufacturers spend £100 of millions on trying to make their team the best, but very few actually use thier motorsport connection in adverts, i found this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TrltIF-AIQ

Renault seem to use their investment more than any of the other manufacturers, Panasonic have featured their sponsorshiop of the Toyota in a few adverts but appart from that it seems like the manufacturers are wasting thier chance to show their achievemnt to those who don't watch F1.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1734544)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...and now he will make the same for Mercedes.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1734545)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually I have seen through the years, TV ads from FIAT with TGF *, Motorola with Barrichello, Petrobras with JPM and Ralfie and IBM wih JV...

* Edit : I remembered one with Rubens also, very funny by the way.

Last edited by Bononi; 10 Oct 2006 at 21:34.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 01:51 (Ref:1734678)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Mercedes have been doing that for years with Mika, DC and Kimi (cant remember seeing Juan though )
Old 11 Oct 2006, 04:54 (Ref:1734747)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I disagree. I've actually seen alot of F1 related promotions and adverts, either directly by manufacturers or by their key sponsors.

In fact, i still see broadcasting of a safety advert by Johnny Walker featuring JPM saying "remember...if you drink, don't drive".

BMW had a interesting one with JV and Nick until JV left, and wasn't many years back where we see Mercedes A class, and a DTM car, painted in Mclaren colours back in their winning days in 1998.

It's quite hard for Ferrari to do much, where their association between road and racing is already very strong. Never stop them from coming out with road-legal F1 cars like Enzo, F50, etc. And Fiat also came along with their MS range of Stilos, expensive for a hatchback.

Toyota has nothing to shout about really, but i've heard they are trying to really explore a range of TF1 car accessories, and been running quite a bit of advertisement showing the link between their F1 team and road car department. This is complemented by Panasonic's adverts of a Toyota running around Paul Ricard.

If the marketing men are not utilising F1 as a tool when they could and should, and more, then i think they'd soon be looking for new jobs.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 07:43 (Ref:1734800)   #6
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
i remember the TGF Fiat adds, Renault seem the most proactive at utilising thier investment. Never seen the Merc Mika, DC and Kimi ones.
I remember JV advertising intel i think it was with the bloke from the Orange ads.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1735256)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i know the Honda car dealership and BMW dealership in my town showcase their F1 connections pretty heavily in their showrooms.
Shell gas stations here also have large Ferrari f1 signs and the employees all wear ferrari hats.
also im seeing alot more people wear F1 related clothing now that Puma have gotten into the game.
actually the more i think about it im inclined to agree with Gt_R, i do see f1 related ads quite a bit.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1735312)   #8
Hitech
Rookie

England
UK, South Staffordshire
Hitech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Honda in the UK of course are still showing their very long TV ads showcasing their products and competition involvements over the past few decades.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1735320)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitech
And Honda in the UK of course are still showing their very long TV ads showcasing their products and competition involvements over the past few decades.
But they still haven't reached that unreachable star.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1735354)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here in the States I've seen a commercial run for Tag Heuer with Tiger Woods and the McLaren F1 car at Monaco.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1735360)   #11
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitech
i think thats a great advert, it shows most of the things they've done and is quite amusing too.

Mercadies could do a bit more to utilise their advertising, but then i guess the people who buy mercs tend to rich businessmen rather than hot head racing fans.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:22 (Ref:1735364)   #12
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Jean Alesi had an advert for some hair product? Not sure quite how that relates to F1 though

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1735548)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Here in the States I've seen a commercial run for Tag Heuer with Tiger Woods and the McLaren F1 car at Monaco.

Seen that one here too.

Toyota seem to also advertise heavily, I'm sure the ads filmed at Paul Ricard, and the theme seems to be if I remember that practice makes perfect. I think they've practiced for long enough now though ?
Old 11 Oct 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1735582)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Mercedes ads were more for mainland Europe. Back in the mid ninties McLaren were involved in 2-3 a year, often with Mika and Boris Becker.

Honda do a bit with their dealer ads and a F1 car here in North America
Old 11 Oct 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1735596)   #15
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That long Honda ad (not the one with all the bits and pieces doing stuff)

http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningro...mercials/2206/

"Honda - the impossible dream"
[to become 2007 F1 champions!!]

This is the best advert ever. Only features the F1 car(s) for a short moment though.
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1735899)   #16
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend

Toyota seem to also advertise heavily, I'm sure the ads filmed at Paul Ricard.
Those ads are for Panasonic not Toyota.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1736420)   #17
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Olympus and Acer have special "Ferrari" editions. Marlboro (at least in my country) have at least 2 Ferrari and F1 related campaigns per year, 1-2 months each. I do remember that West had their cigarettes packs painted in McLarens colors a few years back (though I don't remember details, I smoke Marlboro). Every 200 meters on my way home there's a giant Vodafone bilboard in wich the Ferarri logo is actually more visible than Vodafone's. I laughed my arse seeing a Philips shaver which uses Formula 1 technology..

Anyway, I believe that not Renault is the ones who use their investment the most. That surely should be Shell. Both for gas and lubricants.

PS: By the way, anyone remember the Durex sponsorship? That was a bit ill-advised, I suspect, who would want to buy a product that.. erm is too fast?
Old 12 Oct 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1736443)   #18
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey 6 litre
Those ads are for Panasonic not Toyota.

That ad ends with the Toyota logo so it must be for them.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1736528)   #19
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
That ad ends with the Toyota logo so it must be for them.
The one i've seen if for a Panasonic High Definition TV.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1736582)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are Panasonic HD ads and Toyota - 'One Aim' ads.

Toyota also have little 'One Aim' programmes on Eurosport occasionally, in between main scheduling.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1736636)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yep, I've remembered moreof those too... I guess F1 is a good marketing.