Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Oct 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3578778)   #501
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
you would have to think that if you cant get a sponsor for bathurst then you need a new marketing manager
FIXED...

I always recall teams like Lansvale Smash Repairs pulling out Bathurst-only sponsors for their cars. Some at the time based their whole year on the Bathurst exposure...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Oct 2015, 06:03 (Ref:3578780)   #502
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
FIXED...

I always recall teams like Lansvale Smash Repairs pulling out Bathurst-only sponsors for their cars. Some at the time based their whole year on the Bathurst exposure...
Thanks. feel welcome to edit that original post if you can be bothered.

Last year bathurst pulled massive tv audience.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 08:03 (Ref:3578989)   #503
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An interesting story around and about.. about Erebus & a possible brand switch for 2016.. there was mention of reskinning a Benz back to Ford shape, but also possibly running a single customer car for another brand

The end of the Mercedes experiment?

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 3 Oct 2015, 09:34 (Ref:3579002)   #504
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Betty being the stubborn thing she is, they'll still run the 3-pointed star next season.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3579004)   #505
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
An interesting story around and about.. about Erebus & a possible brand switch for 2016.. there was mention of reskinning a Benz back to Ford shape, but also possibly running a single customer car for another brand

The end of the Mercedes experiment?

Presuming any of this actually happened
In case of Erebus switching brand makes no difference performance and commercial wise. Unfortunately I have to say, would love to see the Erebus team having success.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 10:41 (Ref:3579009)   #506
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they go back to Ford, they have aero that's clearly working.

Just a matter of what to do about the engine program.
Old 4 Oct 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3579569)   #507
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands

Livery leaves erebus tickeled pink
Old 4 Oct 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3579580)   #508
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most importantly, how's Thursday looking?

Good luck to Betty, that car looks outstanding, hopefully the cash injection buys them some room to breathe.
Old 4 Oct 2015, 21:45 (Ref:3579579)   #509
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Most importantly, how's Thursday looking?

Good luck to Betty, that car looks outstanding, hopefully the cash injection buys them some room to breathe.
Maybe the team just found a new caterer...

Wendy's is a fresh play for a group that was a poofteenth away from taking over Gloria Jean's a few months ago. Presumably that makes the brand their 2nd choice of ownership.

To do the maths... having played in the space for a long while...

Each store turns over somewhere in the region of $400k per year. Some more, some less, but the number is probably close. A likely 2.5% advertising fund contribution in their franchise agreement, suggests $10k per store per year in available co-op ad spend (and needs to support flyers, newspaper ads, price lists and some product development too..) for 155 stores, offers perhaps an annual available spend of $1.55m...

Interesting.... Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 5 Oct 2015, 03:37 (Ref:3579617)   #510
gravin
Rookie

gravin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
If they go back to Ford, they have aero that's clearly working.
After the win at Perth, I would have thought that aero/chassis on the Benz was more than acceptable. It was interesting that the team chose not to fine tune it with re-homologation. Engine power may still be a concern though.

Often poor pit strategy or other factors have taken the car out of the top ten.

Congrats to the team for the Wendys support though.
Old 5 Oct 2015, 06:27 (Ref:3579636)   #511
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravin View Post
After the win at Perth, I would have thought that aero/chassis on the Benz was more than acceptable. It was interesting that the team chose not to fine tune it with re-homologation. Engine power may still be a concern though.

Often poor pit strategy or other factors have taken the car out of the top ten.

Congrats to the team for the Wendys support though.
More to the point engine cooling (hence power) may still be a problem.
Old 5 Oct 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3579683)   #512
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I say congratulations to them - Betty has her detractors but she's bought a new sponsor to the sport and it looks great!

I am hoping that thing will get plenty of TV time and it should definitely stand out like... You know what

We need MORE FMCG sponsoring V8s, this is a GOOD thing!
Old 5 Oct 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3579711)   #513
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A question.. was there actually a confirmation from anywhere that Erebus completed the purchase of the #9 REC from the Stones at the end of last season?

With the noise around one car for Erebus, and perhaps different noise about the old Stone Bros band getting back together, does 1+1 = 2 or is that #9?
Old 5 Oct 2015, 13:22 (Ref:3579721)   #514
Umai Naa
Veteran

The concerns around the new-found branding are whether they're going to be serviced appropriately or not. This appears to have been an issue in the past, particularly when Betty is the mouthpiece for any PR activities.
Old 5 Oct 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3579826)   #515
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
A question.. was there actually a confirmation from anywhere that Erebus completed the purchase of the #9 REC from the Stones at the end of last season?

With the noise around one car for Erebus, and perhaps different noise about the old Stone Bros band getting back together, does 1+1 = 2 or is that #9?
Im confident (but not 100%) that announcment was made at the time of Ross leaving
Old 5 Oct 2015, 21:17 (Ref:3579830)   #516
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I thought you couldn't lease a licence for more than 2yrs?? So I would think the purchase has been complete.
Old 5 Oct 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3579837)   #517
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Old speed cafe article

Quote:
The sale process is set to be completed on December 31, with Erebus taking ownership of the #9 Racing Entitlements Contract which had initially remained in the hands of SBR under the takeover plan.
Old 5 Oct 2015, 21:46 (Ref:3579839)   #518
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Peckstar, I thought I saw something but I could quote on it!!
Old 6 Oct 2015, 05:54 (Ref:3579897)   #519
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I notice it says 'set to' not done.

Erebus ran #9 with one of the Stone Bros in the garage as licenceholder. It wasnt a lease but a loan.. of sorts.. apparently..
Old 6 Oct 2015, 07:34 (Ref:3579909)   #520
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I notice it says 'set to' not done.

Erebus ran #9 with one of the Stone Bros in the garage as licenceholder. It wasnt a lease but a loan.. of sorts.. apparently..
Sort of like how Brights REC is run by BJR for mroe than two years,

However Ross has gone now, which creates a difference
Old 6 Oct 2015, 08:15 (Ref:3579912)   #521
Umai Naa
Veteran

The difference there, is that the Jones have a vested interest in the #21 REC.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 08:27 (Ref:3579915)   #522
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sort of like how Brights REC is run by BJR for mroe than two years,
Well BJR is a part owner of the JOBRI REC is it not?
Old 6 Oct 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3579930)   #523
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there any word on if the two new sponsors will remain on the cars in title sponsorship form, or is this a one race deal?
Old 6 Oct 2015, 11:29 (Ref:3579937)   #524
Umai Naa
Veteran

Wendy's is until the end of the year.

Not sure on Penrite.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 11:38 (Ref:3579939)   #525
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the first time Penrite have taken up full car signage?