Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Feb 2002, 16:42 (Ref:212394)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I join you Steve, I don't think Jos deserved that.

But like some said the name of the guy is TOM WALKINSHARK !!!!
Old 8 Feb 2002, 16:58 (Ref:212397)   #52
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am surprised that stuff like this does not cause more trouble with sponsors for Arrows. Who would want to deal with someone to whom contracts mean nothing? I suppose team members and employees are probably used to this type of thing by now, they probably just shrug it off.

I can't believe that Jos was too surprised about it happening, he must have known something was up, since Arrows were not mentioning him in press releases or releasing his name on their list of drivers.

Still, an honourable man, which Tom is not, obviously, would have had the gumption to say something was up, instead of stringing him along.

I wonder if Red Bull had anything to do with it, especially after Jos' public trashing of Enrique?

With so many good young drivers available, why would Heinz get the ride, unless he has cut a special deal with Tom, to drive for free (paid by Jordan?), or maybe pay for points?
Does Heinz have personal sponsors as well? Or is he really good at developing cars?(despite the 2 recent spins in the A23!)
Old 8 Feb 2002, 17:17 (Ref:212402)   #53
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 8 Feb 2002, 17:30 (Ref:212407)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Nice one Steve.

I don't understand this thing with Bernoldi and RedBull. He never appeared in any ad for them and except for racing terms, he was never linked to RedBull.
I don't know anything about the guy, but maybe is there anything with his family business ???
Old 8 Feb 2002, 17:30 (Ref:212408)   #55
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like that steve
Old 8 Feb 2002, 17:37 (Ref:212411)   #56
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
I never even saw Enrique drink Red Bull(but I saw Jos drink it several times on dutch TV)

It seems the decision has a lot to do with the 55% of the Arrows shares wich are owned by Morgan Grenfell(wich is owned by Deutsche Bank) and the fact that France Telecom(Orange) plan to buy a german company.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 17:43 (Ref:212414)   #57
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Old 8 Feb 2002, 17:52 (Ref:212416)   #58
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
all the dutch voodoo seems to work:

Valencia, day 5: Arrows' double whammy

New Williams shows some pace as Frentzen has the same crash twice!

Frentzen was uninjured in either accident

Heinz-Harald Frentzen suffered two near identical rear wing failures on the new Arrows A23 at Valencia today (Friday), although the German was uninjured in either accident.

Juan Pablo Montoya topped the timesheet, the Colombian setting a best time of 1m12.410s over the course of his 69 laps for Williams. This put him almost a second ahead of Pedro de la Rosa's Jaguar, which was enjoying its most competitive showing yet, but was still some way off the record time set by the new McLaren.

However, the main talking point was Frentzen's accidents, both on the entrance to the fast left-hander, Turn One. The first time the German somehow avoided the barriers, the second time he was less lucky, although multiple spins quickly took off the speed and there was only minimal damage to the front of the car.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 18:41 (Ref:212453)   #59
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve I am really sorry for Jos, he is a great guy and deserves to be in F1, however we all know how low and what kind of a "gentleman" TW is, so don´t worry about it next months will be tough but remenber about Pedro last year, the same happen to him and look right now maybe not moneywise but trustability and teamwise he´s become #1 Jaguar Driver.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 18:46 (Ref:212464)   #60
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin de Miguel
Steve I am really sorry for Jos, he is a great guy and deserves to be in F1, however we all know how low and what kind of a "gentleman" TW is, so don´t worry about it next months will be tough but remenber about Pedro last year, the same happen to him and look right now maybe not moneywise but trustability and teamwise he´s become #1 Jaguar Driver.
there is a difference Martin, the fact that Jos had a contract meant that he could'nt talk to other teams, he was taken "off the market", actualy: he turned down an Ferrari test offer in December(offer was made by JT).
Old 8 Feb 2002, 19:42 (Ref:212516)   #61
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Come on then. Let's have a vote: who's better, HHF or Jos??
I would rate Frentzen higher. I still consider him to be one of the best racers on today's grid.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 19:53 (Ref:212523)   #62
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
HH-F is better than JOS any day of the week.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 19:58 (Ref:212526)   #63
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
HH-F is better than JOS any day of the week.
He has won 3 races, but that was in a Jordan and a Williams, he was fired by both..............
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:01 (Ref:212527)   #64
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HHf is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than Jos and deserves to have the seat.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:02 (Ref:212528)   #65
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
I am surprised that stuff like this does not cause more trouble with sponsors for Arrows.
Trust has anounced they will stop sponsoring Arrows immediately. But I guess Arrows will find some new sponsors now that they have a top driver.
Quote:
I can't believe that Jos was too surprised about it happening, he must have known something was up, since Arrows were not mentioning him in press releases or releasing his name on their list of drivers.
As far as I know, Tom has promised Jos he would keep him informed in person before making any anouncement. But he failed to do so. I can't really blame Jos for believing him (although his manager should have been more distrustful).
However. this is strictly an issue between Jos and Tom. As soon as Jos forgives him, we should stop blaming Tom for his misbehaviour.
Quote:
With so many good young drivers available, why would Heinz get the ride, unless he has cut a special deal with Tom, to drive for free (paid by Jordan?), or maybe pay for points?
Does Heinz have personal sponsors as well? Or is he really good at developing cars?(despite the 2 recent spins in the A23!
I think Heinz Harald has proven he is able to score points in mediocre cars. It wouldn't be wise to expect two inexperienced drivers to bring a car who was one of the slower ones last year close to the top 6 this year.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:07 (Ref:212531)   #66
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Arrows will do good with HHF and Bernoldi.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:08 (Ref:212532)   #67
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
all this, should jos or hh-f be in the arrows seat can't really be resolved until the end of the season imo, if hh-f out-qualifie's and out-race's bernoldi (as i think he will) then he deserves the seat over jos!
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:10 (Ref:212534)   #68
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Well said mr v!!!
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:10 (Ref:212535)   #69
Don K
Veteran

Steve, I seem to remember that Jos has been (suddenly?) droped by Arrows some time before.

Could you tell us what happened that time?
Did he have a contract?
Did it happen shortly after the end of the season,
or shortly before the start of the new season?
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:18 (Ref:212551)   #70
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
all this, should jos or hh-f be in the arrows seat can't really be resolved until the end of the season imo, if hh-f out-qualifie's and out-race's bernoldi (as i think he will) then he deserves the seat over jos!
I don't agree.
If Heinz Harald out-races Bernoldi by the same margin that Jos did, he doesn't deserve Jos' seat (as Jos already did already have a contract), whether he outqualifies Bernoldi or not.

I expect him to outrace Bernoldi by more.
If he brings Arrows into the top 7 in the WCC, I think he deserves to have Jos' seat.
If he can finish in the top 10 in the WDC, I think he deserves to have Jos' seat.
If he can get a podium finish, I think he deserves to have Jos' seat.
But simply outqualifying and outracing Bernoldi isn't enough justification for taking Jos' seat.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:20 (Ref:212553)   #71
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Very true!
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:43 (Ref:212588)   #72
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
the thing is: Jos was in the factory on monday, and he was in contact with Mike Coughlan and other team members almost every day.

I think HHF is'nt any better than Jos, he might be better in qualifying, but Jos is better in races..........

3 crashes in 2 days for HHF in the A23, it will be an expensive season for Tom, Jos is taking it to court demanding 2,5 million € (more than 2 million $).
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:51 (Ref:212600)   #73
Mr V
Veteran

England
i personally hope jos win's this case as i don't think we'll see him in f1 again!

(i'm sure that your about to prove me wrong tho steve!!)
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:53 (Ref:212603)   #74
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Jos' career does appear to be over.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 20:56 (Ref:212608)   #75
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Jos does'nt seem to think so, he thinks he will drive F1 this year and sooner than everyone expects!