Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 1 Feb 2007, 04:10 (Ref:1830778)   #1
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver changes

I guess we used to have a thread for this but it has since sunk.

There are a couple of driver changes for Eastern Creek. As mentioned in the Karthikeyan thread he is busy this weekend so Parthiva Sureshwaren will make his race debut.

Brazil will have Tuka Rocha driving the entire weekend, with Luiz Razia as reserve driver. I presume they are preparing Razia to do later rookie sessions. Apparently he is Sudam F3 champion. I have not idea what Sudam F3 is like these days, but a few years ago it was highly competitive with the best up and coming talent of Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay in it so to win you had to be good.
Old 1 Feb 2007, 07:59 (Ref:1830837)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the update , I better change my guess since I didnt know about Karthikeyan

actually no i wont have to since I didnt pick India anyway
Old 4 Feb 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1833309)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
I presume they are preparing Razia to do later rookie sessions. Apparently he is Sudam F3 champion. I have not idea what Sudam F3 is like these days, but a few years ago it was highly competitive with the best up and coming talent of Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay in it so to win you had to be good.
Luiz Razia is in fact current Sudam F3 champion. The series is far of its former glory of its early years (1987-95) and, despite it still has venues at Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay, is in fact a Brazilian series, because almost all drivers are Brazilians. Argentinian motorsport media have deep lack or interest on the series, in that mood that Argie drivers who want to go forward on formulas prefer to jump directly to Europe (if they can) instead spent time and money on an "invisible" series.
Other reasons for no presence of Argentinian teams are difficulties to found sponsorship (sponsors are more keen to invest in touring car series and even rally), impossibility to buy newer Dallara chassises (expensive considering that high price currency of euros against local money), and few opportunities to fight against powerful teams Cesario and NasrCastroneves. Although this, is an Argentinian presence on the series, more precisely on the engines, made by Berta.
SudamF3 cars are old considering european scheme, they're still use Dallaras F301 and F394!
Old 5 Feb 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1834003)   #4
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks a lot for that Mekola. Strangley in NZ we used to get the Latin American feed for ESPN on satellite, so used to watch it in the early 90's.

I hope we get another couple of Latin American teams in A1GP sometime by the way. Argentina would be good (small alteration on Greece's paint job might do!), Venezuela has a couple of drivers floating around Renault World Series and GP2...
Old 8 Feb 2007, 14:09 (Ref:1836322)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I guess this news is going to give the other teams a certain amount of relief.

I don't think Jonny Reid has anything else to go and get ready for, so maybe Team NZ will jump to the top of the pile.

Hey, maybe even Team GBR will win a race after all!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 00:16 (Ref:1836885)   #6
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hulkenberg to step down after Durban

Germany has quite a healthy lead at the moment, bu this should make for some interesting final rounds!
Old 15 Feb 2007, 20:22 (Ref:1842513)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It now seems that Nico Hulkerberg will only miss one round after Durban. Link.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 10:22 (Ref:1843007)   #8
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Halliday will be driving for NZ in Durban, with the team citing his superior street circuit experience. Seems an odd decision to me considering Reid's recent form.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 11:10 (Ref:1843032)   #9
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is a tad surprising - maybe its one of two things though.

Reid didn't race at Beijing either so maybe he took himself out of the running to compete or perhaps he is staying in Europe to finalise a deal for 2007 like Fairuz Fauzy did at the last round. He is rumoured for a World Series seat, although as to which one I don't know.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 13:59 (Ref:1843154)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Apparently the logic is that Halliday knows Durban and finished 4th in the feature race last year, but he hasn't raced since Beijing, so you can argue it either way. I still don't think he'll beat Hülkenberg, although Nico can be a bit exuberant when he's learning a circuit and he'll need to calm that down around the streets.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 16:42 (Ref:1845619)   #11
Francis Albert
Racer

Brazil calls up Junqueira for Durban!

Razia was already scheduled to drive in the rookie session.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 16:43 (Ref:1846548)   #12
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Francis Albert]Brazil calls up Junqueira for Durban!

QUOTE]

Nice name for the series... and probably better results for Brazilian team, who has been struggling a lot this year. Wonder why...
Old 21 Feb 2007, 10:46 (Ref:1847168)   #13
Peno
Racer

Peno should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lebanon bring in yet another new driver for this weekend.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Leb...~id~143510.htm
Old 14 Mar 2007, 10:59 (Ref:1866355)   #14
Francis Albert
Racer

The next round, in Mexico, is next week. There were some driver news over the last couple of days:

- Aaron Lim is in as rookie driver for Team Malaysia.
- Renger van der Zande will do the qualifying session and sprint race for Team Netherlands.
- Christian Vietoris replaces Hulkenberg for Team Germany (Mexico only)
Old 15 Mar 2007, 14:16 (Ref:1867294)   #15
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian Dyk for drive all sessions for Australia
Old 16 Mar 2007, 16:30 (Ref:1868378)   #16
madmed
Rookie

madmed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New driver for france: http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html...ic=32&catid=34
Old 6 Apr 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1884822)   #17
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sean McIntosh replacing James Hinchcliffe for the last 2 rounds.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 09:38 (Ref:1885344)   #18
Francis Albert
Racer

Driver change for Brazil:

Meira (IRL) and Bia Figueiredo (Sudam F3) for the rookie session,

João Urbano is likely to take over for Portugal, at least for Shanghai, as Parente will be busy with the first race of the World Series by Renault.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 10:54 (Ref:1887877)   #19
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Does anyone know anything about Urbano?

I guess Janis will be present for Czech Republic again since Tomas Enge is recovering from a badly injured elbow. Thank goodness it looks like he should make a full recovery. Can anybody confirm if it will be Janis or someone else, like Jan Charouz?

A bit nervous about the prediction competition this week with all these changes!
Old 13 Apr 2007, 21:44 (Ref:1890743)   #20
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I guess Janis will be present for Czech Republic again since Tomas Enge is recovering from a badly injured elbow. Thank goodness it looks like he should make a full recovery. Can anybody confirm if it will be Janis or someone else, like Jan Charouz?
Nope. Janis' day job this year is for Spyker in LMS, so he's not available.

Filip Salaquarda is the nominated Czech driver.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 11:04 (Ref:1890962)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
A bit nervous about the prediction competition this week with all these changes!
I haven't entered!

To be honest, I don't much like this part of the A1GP season when quite a lot of drivers go off and start their main season activities. It just loses its edge for me.