Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Jul 2012, 04:37 (Ref:3103130)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just got a look at the details for the event. They've provided good info re safety gear etc. so no excuses this year.

Those doing Masters Top Hat and Barry's race have their work cut out for qualifying on Friday. The races are on the Sunday, with a suitable gap in between.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 04:54 (Ref:3103133)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido scheiff View Post
<< afraid english fans >>

Should it be possible that the sportiv english fans are afraid of an american
ford-truck ???????????

Maybe the english want an exclusive race for ford gt40 and jaguar e type ?????
Guido,that question should be asked of the organisers
As for american trucks,there are always far to many of them on every 6 Hr grid.!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 07:49 (Ref:3103151)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have a feeling in my water that the Anglebox needs to do this meeting as it has missed the last 4 years.
I will be coming back from Spain for this and maybe I'll bring a bit of sun with me !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Jul 2012, 08:16 (Ref:3103167)   #29
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I have a feeling in my water that the Anglebox needs to do this meeting as it has missed the last 4 years.
I will be coming back from Spain for this and maybe I'll bring a bit of sun with me !
Iain will be delighted as he will be there with the Formula Junior crowd. Delighted to see you and delighted that you are bringing the sunshine.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3103227)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'm getting Tango ready for the 'Barry 1hr' as we speak. Hoping that Cliff R will be able to drive with me! On a practical note, can't remember seeing any power hookup in outer paddock. Is that the case?

Look forward to the sunshine and Anglebox, Gordon!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3103247)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
There always was power hook ups in the outer paddock but I haven't been there for a while.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Jul 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3103265)   #32
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Gordon's right there as I seem to remember hook up towers around the edge at least behind the grandstand.

Looking forward to it Mike.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3103271)   #33
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
There is power in the outer paddock, just make sure you get there on Wednesday or the Germans will have put their towels on the sockets.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3103290)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
I think Gordon's right there as I seem to remember hook up towers around the edge at least behind the grandstand.

Looking forward to it Mike.
Excellent news on both fronts! Will be able to keep the beer cool, then.

Just waiting for pads and shoes then Tango should be good to go. After Spa they will be bedded in ready for next year's 360.

Q Friday, race Sunday, leaves time to visit the museum that have always missed out previously!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3103399)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
There is power in the outer paddock, just make sure you get there on Wednesday or the Germans will have put their towels on the sockets.

Oi!!! thats not funny!
Old 9 Jul 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3104223)   #36
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the entry forms for the Barry 1hr published anywhere yet?

Also does anyone know what the HSCC races will be open to?
Old 9 Jul 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3104288)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
Are the entry forms for the Barry 1hr published anywhere yet?

Also does anyone know what the HSCC races will be open to?
If my memory is correct it is closed wheel year for HSCC race, so you are spoiled for choice.....

I haven't heard if Barry is taking entries yet. Maybe my co-driver will know, as don't want to lose out!
Old 9 Jul 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3104289)   #38
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barry is probably still on way back from Le Mans Classic. I will give him a call later in the week.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3104293)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Barry is probably still on way back from Le Mans Classic.
Good point!
Old 9 Jul 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3104295)   #40
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Mike - sounds like I might be able to do 3 races then if accepted.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3104299)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That's as long as I've got it right! HSCC don't mention Spa on the website, nor results from last year.....

Old 9 Jul 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3104300)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.roadbook.be/redwateruk/en/timetable.html

HSCC-two 30 mins races but no idea what they are, plus formula junior.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3104320)   #43
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
http://www.roadbook.be/redwateruk/en/timetable.html

HSCC-two 30 mins races but no idea what they are, plus formula junior.
Thanks Peter! Guessing HSCC will be double header for same cars. Good programme!

Old 9 Jul 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3104321)   #44
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to Grahame White at Brands last week and he confirmed the HSCC race is for closed wheel cars.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3104335)   #45
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is also a round of the E-type Challenge but unclear if this will run with other closed wheel categories. If not, I'll take both cars but if there's just one race it's going to be a tough choice.

Edit: looking at the link in post 42 I guess there's just 1 HSCC race
Old 9 Jul 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3104345)   #46
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are 30 minute HSCC races on both Saturday and Sunday with practice (30 mins) on Friday. I would imagine E Types race with other closed wheel cars, Colin. You could always practice both and race both cars! There's always the Barry Sideways race for British Sports and Saloons - I have his number somewhere if you want it.

Mike - HSCC didn't have a race in 2011, therefore, no results.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 05:20 (Ref:3104446)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Mike - HSCC didn't have a race in 2011, therefore, no results.
That's all too logical for me......
Old 17 Jul 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3107718)   #48
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido scheiff View Post
THE Fairlane has applied for Spa 6 hours.
http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/maga...0.asp?id=16173

My first Spa6 . . . what did I know.
Old 17 Jul 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3107748)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I like the Battleship Grey colour very appropiate!
Old 19 Jul 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3108633)   #50
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Iain Rowley and I will be with the Formula Junior boys for two rounds of the British Championship. Lets hope we can touch base with lots of 10 Tenthers.