Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3109111)   #51
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there for the day Monday23rd, Eddy,if your about it would be good to meet up.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3109221)   #52
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess I will be there Terry.
It all depends a bit if I decide to do Goodwood again the week before and stay to do HSCC at Brands the same weekend as the 6 Hour.
About time I meet some people again, I always seem to be somewhere the week before or after this year. Maybe I just keep forgetting what I do.

Meeting Iain and the guys tomorrow, although I did tell Iain last week I would be at Spa on Sunday.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 05:45 (Ref:3109350)   #53
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
I guess I will be there Terry.
It all depends a bit if I decide to do Goodwood again the week before and stay to do HSCC at Brands the same weekend as the 6 Hour.
About time I meet some people again, I always seem to be somewhere the week before or after this year. Maybe I just keep forgetting what I do.

Meeting Iain and the guys tomorrow, although I did tell Iain last week I would be at Spa on Sunday.
Might pop in on our way to Nurburg Eddy.Catch up with everyone in one go.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 00:07 (Ref:3113489)   #54
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkel View Post
http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/maga...0.asp?id=16173

My first Spa6 . . . what did I know.

There's no Fairline in the provisional entry list. If is awesomely fast but if it was thrown out for being a silhouette car in 2007, what has changed?
Old 31 Jul 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3114458)   #55
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the entry forms for Barry's 1 or 2 driver 60 minute race (British Sports, GT and Saloon Car Challenge) for anyone that wants them. €750/765 entry fee
Old 3 Aug 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3115652)   #56
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Getting in training for the Barry SS race !
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4127m.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Aug 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3115665)   #57
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Getting in training for the Barry SS race !

I see you're already wearing your Spa gear as well!
Old 3 Aug 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3115720)   #58
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
8856-2000 T-shirt and shades of course!
Old 4 Aug 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3115971)   #59
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
8856-2000 T-shirt and shades of course!
Hopefully I'll bring some sunshine with me, I remember doing a meeting there years ago in April when it snowed
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Aug 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3116227)   #60
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
well all the rain fell in May so it should be sunny, and icy perhaps!
Old 5 Aug 2012, 07:49 (Ref:3116231)   #61
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
At this moment it's far from icy where I'm sitting !
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4134m.jpg  
Old 5 Aug 2012, 08:54 (Ref:3116244)   #62
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A lot of rain fell upon the Spa 24 Hours last weekend too, but it's got seven weeks to dry out!
Old 5 Aug 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3116350)   #63
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will you stop doing that Gordon!!!!!! We've had so much rain at Combe today, I expected to see an Ark in the track. Oddly, it didn't rain all day just in unbelievably heavy showers...
Old 5 Aug 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3116352)   #64
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Will you stop doing that Gordon!!!!!! We've had so much rain at Combe today, I expected to see an Ark in the track. Oddly, it didn't rain all day just in unbelievably heavy showers...
Don't worry - I presume Gordon's in Spain where times are hard. Looks like they've had the shirt off his back!
Old 15 Aug 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3120253)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another set of spotlights procured today.

Struggling to find an ID light though. Really don't want one of those flashing LED sticks like some of the cars had last year. But need something to stick inside the top of the windscreen. Any ideas?
Old 15 Aug 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3120290)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Struggling to find an ID light though. Really don't want one of those flashing LED sticks like some of the cars had last year. But need something to stick inside the top of the windscreen. Any ideas?
Make sure whatever you fit doesn't reflect off windscreen back at you.

Or one of these on the roof would be

Old 15 Aug 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3120298)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oddly enough the santa one appeals, but no. And yes it needs to be sealed.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3120324)   #68
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter, we used one of the ubiquitous Austin side lights with the plastic lens painted green mounted on the hard top of Rod's MG as it was period looking.
We also used number plate illuminator lights on the roundels on the doors, as I believe they also have to be lit. HTH
Old 15 Aug 2012, 17:46 (Ref:3120326)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Got the roundel lights on the doors. We had green running lights on the grill but they are difficult to see from the pits. Don't really want to drill the hardtop, it cost a fortune to fettle. But thanks for the advice.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3120351)   #70
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Got the roundel lights on the doors. We had green running lights on the grill but they are difficult to see from the pits. Don't really want to drill the hardtop, it cost a fortune to fettle. But thanks for the advice.
Peter,

I noticed the Karl Wetherell had an exernal light of some kind fitted to the hardtop of his TR at Croft.

It's tempting to suggest some sort of battery powered device in something like a GoPro housing suction mounted to the hardtop. Not sure what or how or where but it might fit the requirement AND avoid ony potential for in cabin reflections.

Ar a 'police' light as seen, iirc, on an E-type a couple of years ago ...

Grant
Old 15 Aug 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3120362)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
LOL the police light was on an e type, I do remember that. Will keep researching. All ideas welcome.

Grant will you be at Oulton?
Old 15 Aug 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3120366)   #72
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
LOL the police light was on an e type, I do remember that. Will keep researching. All ideas welcome.

Grant will you be at Oulton?
Good question, well presented, deserves an answer.

Hopefully but not sure when. For the last 2 years I have managed only the Monday.

Disappointing BUT it means I seem to have managed to avoid the worst of the weather.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3120587)   #73
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well make sure you turn up on one of the days. I'm there for all three.

Ferry (for Spa) to book this weekend.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 09:35 (Ref:3120629)   #74
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter,

I,ve got several different coloured Lancaster/Spitfire etc, ID lamps as used by John Wyers Gulf team on the GT40s and 917s. Interchangeable coloured glasses. A little bulky but do show up well in the dark.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8626.jpg  
Old 23 Aug 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3123466)   #75
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just spoke to Barry as he has found out that a lot of people didn't receive the entry forms for his one hour race.

If anyone wants an entry form, pm me your email and I'll forward the forms to you.