Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Jun 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1325669)   #1
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phoenix Park

I've heard that this year's Phoenix Park races have had to be cancelled for a lack of finance Hope it's not the final nail, as the press release suggests...
Old 11 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1325855)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's rumour they will hold a sprint/hillclimb style event this year if they can get enough of a backing. Announcements of the park being cancelled usually appear around this time to encourage potential sponsors to raise the money to save this historic event.

It's just unfortunate that circuit racing in Ireland has to play second fiddle to rallying when it comes to government/regulatory body funding. I'm sure that if the Park was actually a rally stage and could be used to further the attempts to gain a WRC round then money would suddenly appear from many sources.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1352674)   #3
CookieMonster
Rookie

Wales
Manchester
CookieMonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any more news on this? I was hoping to go and have a gander, but don't really want to get all the transport and accommodation sorted for no racing!
Old 11 Jul 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1352707)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Last update was that they were going ahead with the sprint. Best suggestion is to contact Motorsport Ireland - info@motorsportireland.com

Sorry I can't be more help, but that's all the info we've been given. Since I'm planning to be doing Karts at Mondello in any case, I've not been following it that closely!
Old 11 Jul 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1352870)   #5
CookieMonster
Rookie

Wales
Manchester
CookieMonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you! Will see what I can find out!