Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 1 May 2003, 19:05 (Ref:586563)   #1
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam Langley Khan ???

Someone clue me in on this guy.

Im vaguely aware of him because of his last name, it tends to stand out in race results. As far as I know though he's done some Silverstone Formula Ford, last year's winter F3 championship and now Super Renault with DAMS.

Thursday May 1st, 2003

Formula One team boss Eddie Jordan has announced he will endorse the career of British driver Adam Langley-Khan, currently competing in the Eurocup Formula Renault V6.

"Adam shows great promise and I want to encourage him in every way," said Jordan. "The early stages of a career in motor racing can be tough and I try to provide advice to young up-and-coming drivers whenever I can. I have every confidence in him and wish him all the best."

Jordan, renowned for his skill for spotting and nurturing driving talents like Jean Alesi, Eddie Irvine and Michael Schumacher, will support the racing career of the 17-year-old British driver.

Langley-Khan contested four races in the British Formula Three Winter Series, finishing runner-up in the Scholarship Class. He currently drives for the DAMS team in the Formula Renault V6 championship.

"I am very excited and honoured that Eddie Jordan has endorsed my racing career," he said. "This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I feel very proud that someone of Eddie Jordan's stature is standing by my side to guide my future racing career.

Just doesnt seem right. 17 year old with almost no experience, and no results within those experience, shows up at both the Autosport show and now the Spanish GP in an ultra flashy suit and is chumming it up with a GP team. Google even found http://www.dark-magic.co.uk/adam.htm

--I've directed and produced a number of documentary promos for the BBC and Channel 4 in the past two months including 'Adam Langley-Khan - The Making of an F1 Champion.'--

Someone wake me from my nightmare
Old 1 May 2003, 19:18 (Ref:586584)   #2
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this a joke?! it must be!
Old 1 May 2003, 19:49 (Ref:586619)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is daddy a very big cheese? no-one gets this much hype with so few results under his belt...
Old 1 May 2003, 20:15 (Ref:586648)   #4
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Adam Langley Khan ???

Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld

Langley-Khan contested four races in the British Formula Three Winter Series, finishing runner-up in the Scholarship Class.
Come on, there were only about 7 cars for that winter series, and the competition was hardly much...
Old 1 May 2003, 20:15 (Ref:586649)   #5
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today is May 1st not April 1st?
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 1 May 2003, 20:18 (Ref:586653)   #6
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His FRenault V6 results so far: 14th, DNF, 14th, 11th.

also found this on grandprix.com:

Quote:
Eddie Jordan, that well-known philanthropist, is endorsing the career of a 17-year-old British driver Adam Langley-Khan, who is racing this year in the Renault V6 Eurocup. Langley-Khan is driving for the DAMS team but has yet to make any major impact on the scene.

This is Langley-Khan's first full season in motor racing although he has taken part in a mish-mash of races in 2001 and 2002. It is therefore remarkable that Jordan would endorse a young driver who has yet to prove that he has any outstanding talent.

The cynics in Formula 1 seem to think that perhaps a small donation to the Jordan team funds may have helped.
Old 1 May 2003, 20:29 (Ref:586665)   #7
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is he related to Genghis Khan?
Old 1 May 2003, 21:10 (Ref:586713)   #8
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

maybe oliver kahn
Old 1 May 2003, 21:25 (Ref:586739)   #9
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he raced one race at the spanish F3 last year, he did the free testing, then the qualifiying and as he was dead last decided not to race. He was there to do a podium or nothing he said...
Old 1 May 2003, 21:26 (Ref:586740)   #10
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
He wasnt bad at all for the experience he had, but the aproach was totally diferent to all the drivers, is like making a star from cero, who knows... maybe it works!
Old 1 May 2003, 21:29 (Ref:586746)   #11
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
i thought jordan had money trouble?! whats he doing investing in something he may never get to use!
Old 1 May 2003, 21:31 (Ref:586749)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he's not investing he's endorsing. which means he's said 'yeah the kid's alright'....
Old 1 May 2003, 21:32 (Ref:586752)   #13
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
same thing really by endorsing he will want to use it...
Old 1 May 2003, 21:33 (Ref:586755)   #14
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Jordan's comments seem like a typical "we wish you all the best in your future but currently have no job openings" but the question is why would Jordan say it at all.
Old 1 May 2003, 21:34 (Ref:586757)   #15
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
maybe the investment is the other way arround. Hwo know, they put money into Jordan, Jordan gives contacts, and publicity, the kid becomes good, and everything works perfect, maybe is not such a bad idea/move
Old 1 May 2003, 22:03 (Ref:586795)   #16
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Endorsements, plus a bit of "bring your potential sponsors to our factory/Silverstone test day, don't cost EJ anything except a little time. I think there should be more such endorsements - they could go a long way to convince a potential backer.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 2 May 2003, 01:00 (Ref:586891)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
Is he related to Genghis Khan?
Imran Khan would be a better relo wouldnt he? With all those lovely political connections in his native Pakistan
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 May 2003, 01:36 (Ref:586901)   #18
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Or the CandyMan Khan?
Old 2 May 2003, 01:38 (Ref:586902)   #19
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
He'd think he was a French female dancer if he listened to Eddie Jordan encouraging him all the time.
"Go for it Adam. You can Khan"
Old 2 May 2003, 03:24 (Ref:586949)   #20
alfaman
Racer

Mauritius
Middlesex
alfaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that he's the son of Ian Khan who used to race in the British Formula 3 series in the 1980s.

More recently he raced in the European Clio V6 Trophy as well as European Sportscar events.

But I don't know if Ian Khan is well connected in F1 circles but he might be mates with Eddie Jordan....
Old 2 May 2003, 04:07 (Ref:586960)   #21
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alfaman, Sorry but your incorrect, Ian Khan's oldest child was born c1994/95 so is still too young to race.
Old 2 May 2003, 04:41 (Ref:586963)   #22
alfaman
Racer

Mauritius
Middlesex
alfaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, I stand corrected as Adam Langley Khan was born in 1985!

That's the trouble with writing posts at 4 in the morning...

I'll leave this to the experts.
Old 2 May 2003, 07:02 (Ref:587000)   #23
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by El_Gibleto
Alfaman, Sorry but your incorrect, Ian Khan's oldest child was born c1994/95 so is still too young to race.
But only just.
Old 2 May 2003, 07:46 (Ref:587030)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not too young for Karts
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 May 2003, 11:56 (Ref:587217)   #25
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe the us should look for the iraqi information minister in jordans press department