Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 1 Aug 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2261721)   #151
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can't beat a good old rant !! Bob is correct the majority are new people to the area !!! Not sure about the cheap house prices - wish mine was cheaper when I bought it a few years ago - although it is now- about 1mile from Snett - biggest problem with the noise is that if I hear something loud going around during the week I skive off work for a bit to see what is testing - I am one of these home workers - it has its benefits !!
Old 23 Aug 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2273860)   #152
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi guys,
check out MSV site ,check snetterton redevelopment update,lookslike new bank (?noise)going in at bombhole/coram end .Wonder how/if we will spectate on outside circuit now?
Old 25 Aug 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2275061)   #153
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting...

As rumoured on this Forum it looks like the Russell chicane stays, and they've modified the new Internal loop to make it less "Stop-Start". Also the entrance to it starts further up toward Sear that on the previous plans.

Overall I think the new plans look good, but I somewhat regret that they felt the need to keep the Russel Chicane, I thought the new "Banked curve" was a nice idea.
Old 26 Aug 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2275462)   #154
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Russells is such a horrible corner -shame its staying...presumably, all that banked stuff would have affected the noise too much. Shame, as it did look good, and used a lot of the land inside the track which isn't currently active.

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 26 Aug 2008, 11:43 (Ref:2275530)   #155
diddy100
Racer

England
The new bank between the Esses and Coram will have a spectator area on top - it will be about 15 to 20ft high so should provide excellent viewing
Old 26 Aug 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2275531)   #156
diddy100
Racer

England
re the new bank - slight delay as I hear rumours they may need to extend the run off areas from the bombhole to coram therefore bank may need to be repositioned further back
Old 26 Aug 2008, 12:41 (Ref:2275569)   #157
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone else heard the rumours that if the planning problems arnt sorted out this year the money will be spent on brands hatch insted. Improvements including extended run off at the top of paddock, flatting and extending of the outer paddock and new vehicle tunnels are expected.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2280061)   #158
diddy100
Racer

England
looks like the anti Snett compaign is gearing up - they have sent at least now 140 objections to the circuits plans to the council to try and get the development stopped.
Maybe us motor sport supporters should start writing to Breckland Council in support of MSV's ambitious plans. The local area needs the £15mil investment - jobs etc for the local community plus the money that will come into the area with the circuit upgrade.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2280086)   #159
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Are that actually that many houses within earshot of Snet?? Bonkers. There would be no extra village traffic (all straight on to the dual carriageway A11), and with all the sound prevention it will be quieter than it is now.

These people need a good hard slapping.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2280090)   #160
diddy100
Racer

England
They have had people complaining about the noise from afar afield as Hetherset !! must have bloody good hearing !!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2280112)   #161
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet if they told the locals there was racing but there wasn't, they'd still moan about the noise
Old 2 Sep 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2280204)   #162
GT3
Racer

United Kingdom
King's Lynn, Norfolk
GT3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the ...... ?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy100
looks like the anti Snett compaign is gearing up - they have sent at least now 140 objections to the circuits plans to the council to try and get the development stopped.
Maybe us motor sport supporters should start writing to Breckland Council in support of MSV's ambitious plans. The local area needs the £15mil investment - jobs etc for the local community plus the money that will come into the area with the circuit upgrade.
I really don't understand some people, what a golden oppertunity this is for the area! Yes, i understand the plans have to be checked so not to be a blight on the landscape, but come on guys WAKE UP !!!!!!!!

Like you said Diddy, Jobs and possibly even more investments from teams is in the taking..... £15 million is a lot of money which the area needs, don't people realise, that if the plans go ahead, then maybe, dualling of the rest of the A11 may happen sooner than 2012 to cope with the increase in traffic and infrastructure?!

I hope the council makes a stand on this one, but i wouldn't blame MSV and JP taking there investment elsewhere. Then what could happen, JP closes Snetterton becasue it's not commercially viable, as he's invested elsewhere. The people at Snett lose their jobs, and we lose a classic circuit. Just hope the council then says 'we told you so'

But i suppose then the NIMBY's would be happy, to enjoy their 'holiday' homes at the weekend after working so hard in hectic London. Oh well, just enjoy picking Carrots for ever more becasue that's the only jobs there will be......

Sorry if i've offended anyone, but it just make me so MAD!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2280256)   #163
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the main reason why russells is being left alone is by changing it you are making richies so fast there is not enuff run off cars go halfway across the field as it is. GT3 you make some very good points lets hope people see sence we do not want to snett.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2280315)   #164
MG Racer
Rookie

England
Ipswich
MG Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will those 140 complainers please stand up I want to bang your heads together!!!!

What is it about people these days. All they do is complain and then when Snetterton closes they will complain about that as well when the B & B's, pubs etc close when they loose the custom that the circuit brings in.

Ridiculous and I hope that common sense prevails. They should think themselves lucky that they dont live near Stansted or they may be having there homes complusory purchased, if runway 2 evers goes ahead.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I live 1 mile max from Foxhall Stadium in Ipswich and I can hear them as plain as day if the wind is in the right direction. They operate until 10pm at night sometimes. Do I complain no because they were there before I was and its only people enjoying their hobby.

This whole things just makes me mad.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2280381)   #165
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, I've just spent a week up at Breckles (about 5 miles from Snet) and didn't hear a thing - I know there was a test day last Tuesday with some big GT cars, so it's not as if I picked a quiet week...
On the other hand, a friend who lives in Watton said they could hear the Alfas at the BRSCC meeting on BH monday....

Mind you, I'm surprised anyone can hear the circuit with all the noise the aircraft make - low, fast flypasts at 9pm aren't nice....
Old 3 Sep 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2280961)   #166
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm sure i've said before, but i live right near duxford - we have the offer of a free pass into the museum (that i think excludes the big events, but that's ok, we can see them anyway...). i've lived here pretty much all my life, so it seems wierd without plane noise in the background.

the only thing that is intrusive is the flying proms night once a year - the music is played far too loud and even when the wind is blowing in the other direction it's still difficult to ignore.

but it's not the end of the world - the show traffic is easily avoided with a bit of prior planning. the worst bit is the tight arses who park up on our road and pull out their deckchairs just because they don't want to pay the entry fee...
Old 3 Sep 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2281058)   #167
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
Well, not sure if it will do any good, but just emailed Breckland Council for vote FOR the development - I guess those that visit the circuit have a right to comment as users of the facility, and I do live right on the Norfolk border....
Old 4 Sep 2008, 11:31 (Ref:2281524)   #168
diddy100
Racer

England
More letters of support the better !! keep sending them - Several "locals" have already done this
Old 4 Sep 2008, 11:33 (Ref:2281525)   #169
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats the email address do I need send a suporting letter ?
Old 4 Sep 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2281537)   #170
diddy100
Racer

England
the general one is
contactus@breckland.gov.uk
put in the heading for attention of Planning Dept - planning application ref
3PL/2008/0600/O
You can comment directly on the planhttp://wplan01.intranet.breckland.go...008%2F0600%2FO
Old 4 Sep 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2281605)   #171
MG Racer
Rookie

England
Ipswich
MG Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Registered my support.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2281831)   #172
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i'm sure i've said before, but i live right near duxford - we have the offer of a free pass into the museum (that i think excludes the big events, but that's ok, we can see them anyway...). i've lived here pretty much all my life, so it seems wierd without plane noise in the background.
Sorry I missed the smiley off the end!

I've lived next to a railway for 20 odd years, don't hear the trains at all... Ypu only notice them when they're on strike!
Old 7 Sep 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2283431)   #173
Joseph K
Rookie

Joseph K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy100

I'm afraid that diddy has not given a completely truthful picture in this statement. The protesters are calling for a satisfactory resolution for everybody concerned to the huge and very real noise problem, current and future, before any expansion of the actual racing track is sanctioned. The protesters have stated quite clearly that they have no problems whatsoever with the other elements of the proposed expansion, namely the hotel, showrooms, engineering workshops etc.

Those of you who do not actually live in the area so badly affected by the constant noise from the track on an almost daily basis are ill qualified to pass judgement on our particular problem.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 16:01 (Ref:2283451)   #174
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You particular problem seems that a company wants to enhance local Prospects and from what I can see you are chucking it in there face. You talk about noise problems but everytime Im near Snetterton/Norfolk you can ALWAYS hear famers equiptment going (tractors, combines etc etc) and the usual American airbase planes flying over, all on a daily bases. BUT of course I only usually travel these ways weekly and dont live there so cant possibly pass judgement. Maybe locals are just a bit sour because they know they cant stop the farmers or the planes so instead try to ruin other people hobbies/enjoyments to make them feel that little bit better?
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2283974)   #175
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but if the circuit doesn't get the go ahead to upgarde the circuit I would doubt whether they will look to invest any further in the circuit and hence no showrooms, engineering workshops, hotels etc, thus no new jobs or increased income to the area.

I lived less than 3 miles from the circuit for a few years and I found traffic noise from the A11 to be far worse than noise from snet.