Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Feb 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2838160)   #1
Pontipine
Rookie

England
Pontipine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSVR Season Passes

Was expecting to have received season pass by now. Anyone know what the real problem with sending out the passes might be? Have phoned Brand Hatch a couple of times and been fobbed off with "printing issues" - I would think that they would have this well organised by now - but apparently not and they are not able to say, even as the season starts on 12th March, when the tickets might arrive! Only that I might have the further inconvenience of phoning again to request that tickets are left on the gate.... not really good enough.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 21:42 (Ref:2838714)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontipine View Post
Was expecting to have received season pass by now. Anyone know what the real problem with sending out the passes might be? Have phoned Brand Hatch a couple of times and been fobbed off with "printing issues" - I would think that they would have this well organised by now - but apparently not and they are not able to say, even as the season starts on 12th March, when the tickets might arrive! Only that I might have the further inconvenience of phoning again to request that tickets are left on the gate.... not really good enough.
I know the media passes won't be ready until the end of next week (IIRC) and I would imagine they are all done together, so not sure you are being fobbed off.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2838726)   #3
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The email from the media department yesterday regarding media passes suggested they were expected this week.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2839321)   #4
Pontipine
Rookie

England
Well I hope your media pass arrives in time. Not sure how much you pay for those (presume there is a charge?); I paid for my season passes nearly 3 months ago and my credit card was debited immediately - am more than slightly fed up at this practice of having to pay for something that I do not receive on time. I cannot abide bad service/excuses - they are a business and if the business I worked for thrived on fleecing people and not providing what they paid for then I think we would soon be out of work. I have been told that if I go to the further inconvenience of contacting them again in lieu of non appearance of season pass then they will take details and arrange for ticket(s) to be collected at circuit on race day. But what about all the people who will just wait for their season passes to arrive... never thinking to query why it hasn't arrived - how willl they fare. MSVR - never mind "Put your Foot down" - "Pull yer finger out and get it sorted" before you lose custom, reputation and goodwill
Old 2 Mar 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2839342)   #5
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no charge for media passes, but the application procedure is a bit harder than sending some money! Appreciate your frustration. Anyone who has bought and not received should get in touch with MSVR and I'm sure they will submit a list of pass holders to the gates of each circuit in question.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 09:36 (Ref:2839516)   #6
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are late almost every year.

I was looking on the internet earlier and it seems you can buy a machine that prints ID cards and the appropriate software for well under £1000. Surely MSV could do this (And print proper passes with names and photo printed on them, not stuck on/written on with biro afterwards) saving all this hassle.

It doesn't really bother me as the season pass is such good value for money, but its not really great service (Havn't even been told there is a problem).
Old 3 Mar 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2839859)   #7
Pontipine
Rookie

England
Thanks for your replies - MSVR should have this sorted and if, as I understand now, the delay is due to the late renaming of the new Snetterton corners (?) then I would like my season passes sent out asap and send me the fixture list (which apparently is what is causing the delay due to late renaming/printing issues ? ) later or I will collect one from my local circuit. They cannot expect to run a business like this - may get intouch with Mr JP himself as I am so annoyed by the whole matter
Old 3 Mar 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2839865)   #8
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey what's all the fuss, the pass only gains access to the circuit.
So all that needs to be done in the absense of a pass, is MSV is a list of names relating to pass applications to the circuit gates, you turn up issue your name and in you go.
Not rocket science, everyone happy till they arrive in the post
Old 3 Mar 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2839891)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
As long as the pass arrives in time for the first meeting what's the problem? It's not as if you've missed out on anything. There's been no racing at any MSV circuit since November last year so even if they had sent it the day you paid for it you couldn't have used it. If you are worried about them having your money for 3 months then don't order it in December, wait until closer to the start of the season.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2839901)   #10
westfieldbend
Veteran

I think lodging any complaint is a tad ridiculous. If you have that much of a problem with having to wait for a season pass I recommend you pay on the gate at every meeting!!

As far as not getting 'your' pass goes, there is probably a T&C saying that the pass itself remains the property of MSV anyway! All you are paying for is the advantage of the pass - i.e. admission into every covered by the pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
If you are worried about them having your money for 3 months then don't order it in December, wait until closer to the start of the season.
Well then you would miss out on the financial benefits of booking early - there was a saving of around £35 if you booked on the right day!
Old 3 Mar 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2839905)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Well then you would miss out on the financial benefits of booking early - there was a saving of around £35 if you booked on the right day!
Which you'd also miss out on by booking the day before that offer was announced
Old 4 Mar 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2840369)   #12
Pontipine
Rookie

England

We did save some money by ordering them "on the right day" but it certainly wasn't the £35 quoted by westfieldbend. But still a saving.
The point is that they charged my credit card immediately for the amount owing - this should not really be done until the goods are despatched to the buyer.
They (Brands Hatch) have today told me that the season passes I ordered may be be posted out on Monday/Tuesday of next week - very much later than previous years in relation to the start of the racing season.
The SpeCTator says it's not rocket science - did you need to study that to figure out MSVR tactics? Your sarcasm is boring - I was never told that season pass applicants names were held by the appropriate circuit and access would be available by that means - only that I should yet again contact BHatch to register my details in the event of non appearance of season passes - I cannot abide bad service and poor advice - if I did that in my job I would be reprimanded - and rightly so
Old 4 Mar 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2840381)   #13
westfieldbend
Veteran

I didn't specify which pass I was talking about.

Also I am not aware of an 'MSVR' pass available to the public, only MSV 4 wheel ones.

As I said in my previous post, you are not paying for the goods, you are paying for access to the events covered by the season pass.

I have to say I would find reading this thread rather funny should the passes not be dispatched for another couple of weeks.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2840483)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontipine View Post
The point is that they charged my credit card immediately for the amount owing - this should not really be done until the goods are despatched to the buyer.
The ordering page quite clearly states that you will be charged immediately and the tickets dispatched early March.

It's no different to buying tickets to a concert or music festival. Those go on sale anything up to a year in advance and often you it several months before you receive tickets. I expect the same it true of many big sporting events, including the GP.

As I said before, I don't see the problem. You've not been conned, left out of pocket or otherwise disadvantaged so I don't understand what you are making such a big fuss about.