nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Practice session

http://www.a1podium.com/news.php?sub...from=&ucat=43&

1 Czech
2 India
3 France

NK did a good job in the rookie sessions held before aswell.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 11:11 (Ref:1819239)   #27
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see Enge up at the top of the times once again.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 19:26 (Ref:1819669)   #28
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
From Cougar in the NZ chat thread,

Anyone know the practise times on Friday? Or qualifying on Saturday? Again, I can't seem to find it on A1GP.

Qually is live on Sky in the UK at 1am Saturday morning (Friday night) so, using all my fingers and some luck.. is that 2pm Saturday at the track?
Old 20 Jan 2007, 00:40 (Ref:1819954)   #29
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Jonny Reid back on top for NZ in the final practice session - story here.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 01:06 (Ref:1819967)   #30
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SuperNova boys back at the top, but looks like the rejuvenated India and Ireland could spring a surprise or two. Should be an interesting weekend from here.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 01:45 (Ref:1819986)   #31
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevp
Qually is live on Sky in the UK at 1am Saturday morning (Friday night) so, using all my fingers and some luck.. is that 2pm Saturday at the track?
Well thanks for that Steev, appreciate it. I'd almost forgotten the question. Is it me or are practise and qualifying times not posted anywhere? Et voila http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
1 am your time should be 6 pm mountain Friday; it's on right now Perfect. Thanks again.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 04:05 (Ref:1820016)   #32
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well thanks for that Steev, appreciate it. I'd almost forgotten the question. Is it me or are practise and qualifying times not posted anywhere? Et voila http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
1 am your time should be 6 pm mountain Friday; it's on right now Perfect. Thanks again.
A1gp site is very slow and unreliable when it comes to news...
Check this site http://www.a1podium.com all the times have been posted
Old 20 Jan 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1820150)   #33
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Much better NK. Locked and loaded Thanks very much.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 14:08 (Ref:1820310)   #34
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For those still looking...

A1 GP's live timing page is here: http://origin-www.a1gp.com/results/live.php

Seems to work fine in keeping up with the actual results
Old 20 Jan 2007, 14:12 (Ref:1820315)   #35
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
And for what it's worth, as far as I can tell the Sprint race starts at 3 pm mountain, 1 pm eastern time today.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 20 Jan 2007 at 14:15.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 23:55 (Ref:1820606)   #36
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The sprint race has been run. I won't give the results in case anyone doesn't want to know them yet, but those who do will find a report here.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 02:19 (Ref:1820667)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some good moves from Mr Kerr in the feature race.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 02:30 (Ref:1820669)   #38
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Good sector times too, he's quick.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 02:49 (Ref:1820673)   #39
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wonderful racing, glad i stayed up to watch
Old 21 Jan 2007, 03:29 (Ref:1820679)   #40
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can anyone post something about the incident that saw GB retire that is under investigation?
Old 21 Jan 2007, 04:52 (Ref:1820697)   #41
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

taupo was a fantastic circuit - never seen its layout before. great dice for 2nd in the feature race .
Old 21 Jan 2007, 08:22 (Ref:1820728)   #42
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Just got back from Taupo it was a great day out.Parked about 100m from the grandstand,9 hours of good racing.Pity about the wind(it was blowing about 50mph,in fact it blew over a line of Porta-Loos)and all for a measely $50(£15).

No doubt about it Nico was way too good for the rest.
But Jonny was the home town hero and he gave the French car a jolly good rogering.
Errr yer Aussie car was absolutely terrible,he was lucky not to be lapped in the 2nd race.
Didn't actually see what put the British car out,but he was running in the 4th to about 8th group and must have tripped over someone,he wasn't going to get much futher ahead than the place he was running.
the track wasn't a great overtaking spectacle for the A1's,but strangely all the other classes racing had lots of overtaking.

Only compalints were we couldn't find anyone selling programmes anywhere,and worst of all the temporary grandstands had been shipped in from China or somewhere where people have bums half the size of New Zealanders.Still good effort for a first attempt,we'll be back next year.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 08:38 (Ref:1820734)   #43
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=
Didn't actually see what put the British car out,but he was running in the 4th to about 8th group and must have tripped over someone,he wasn't going to get much futher ahead than the place he was running.
.[/QUOTE]

or electronic failure as GBR website states !!
good on team NED for giving GBR an honest battle
Old 21 Jan 2007, 13:47 (Ref:1820932)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
For me, the impressive drivers this weekend were Duval, Buemi and Bleekemolen. That's taking nothing away from Hulkenberg - he's the star of the show, wet or dry it seems - or Jonny Reid, who did everthing he could to get a good result for the locals, but the others performed above expectations. Isn't that the best result of the season so far for France? The overall driving standard looks to have moved up a gear this season.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1821014)   #45
Shalders
Rookie

Shalders should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super racing, great to see cars moving about, circuit setting looked spectacular. I was hoping for a bit more from Karthikeyan, hope he does some more A1 events. the cars ought to suit his style. Mr. Khateeb didn't cover himself in glory in the sprint race!
Old 21 Jan 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1821196)   #46
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
enjoyed the corner cutting by enge OUCH that had to hurt
Old 21 Jan 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1821261)   #47
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab
Can anyone post something about the incident that saw GB retire that is under investigation?
The only incident I saw was in the Sprint race. Not the first corner collision, but later in the race when Kerr was struggling with his handicapped car. Mattos in the Team Brazil car overtook him on a straight, but Kerr dived down the inside at the next corner and hit the Brazil car, spinning it around. This incident was supposed to be investigated.

However, there was no incident in the Feature race. I suppose the car had taken a bit of a bashing in the Sprint race, but I'm sure the the team had sorted it all out. Incidentally the 'electrical failure' was the battery.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 22:25 (Ref:1821274)   #48
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
The only incident I saw was in the Sprint race. Not the first corner collision, but later in the race when Kerr was struggling with his handicapped car. Mattos in the Team Brazil car overtook him on a straight, but Kerr dived down the inside at the next corner and hit the Brazil car, spinning it around. This incident was supposed to be investigated.
The incident was never investigated because when Brazil were asked they said it was a racing incident. They said it exactly as it was and didnt shed any blame on kerr. Brazil did get ahead on the straight but Kerr's nose was still in there when Brazil turned in, Kerr didn't back out so they touched.

Brazil could have given Kerr room and Kerr could have backed out.
I thought kerr raced really well today and it was a shame he had to drop out as he was gunning for another attempt on team NED, would have been nice to see especially as canada were moving in aswell.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 22:49 (Ref:1821300)   #49
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hard to know what to say really. Robbie is a good racer, maybe verging on the "dirty" side in my view, but whether or not he's just not basically quick enough or whether he's Jinxx'd, is a tricky one. I do wish they'd give some youngsters a go now - we're into the last half of the 2nd year and Robbie's had all the running ... why not try one of the young up-and-comers who are fresh from FRenault or F3 or something. Much as I like Robbie - and I love Sid the Manager as a sister, of course - I would like to see some youngsters in our team now, see how they get on woth the team and if they can develop or adapt to the car. Robbie has had his stint - look at France ... I'm sorry, but I'm bored with this same old story. Yes, of course if we keep going, we'll eventually win (or Robbie will die of old age) but this isn't TeamGBR it's Team Robbie Kerr. If Jarvis can't do the fixtures, get some other young ones in who can. Not Alex Lloyd, in case you're tempted to ask - he's committed elsewhere ... get some young hopefuls in and give them a chance.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 22 Jan 2007, 00:11 (Ref:1821347)   #50
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Just got back from Taupo it was a great day out.Parked about 100m from the grandstand,9 hours of good racing.Pity about the wind(it was blowing about 50mph,in fact it blew over a line of Porta-Loos)and all for a measely $50(£15).

No doubt about it Nico was way too good for the rest.
But Jonny was the home town hero and he gave the French car a jolly good rogering.
Errr yer Aussie car was absolutely terrible,he was lucky not to be lapped in the 2nd race.
the track wasn't a great overtaking spectacle for the A1's,but strangely all the other classes racing had lots of overtaking.

Only compalints were we couldn't find anyone selling programmes anywhere,and worst of all the temporary grandstands had been shipped in from China or somewhere where people have bums half the size of New Zealanders.Still good effort for a first attempt,we'll be back next year.
The racing at Taupo was very good generally, except with the A1 where passing was very limited. Nico is destined for better things.
It was well-planned generally for an inaugural international put together in 23 weeks.

It was a shame that the A1 GP pits provided such limited access.

The grandstands were very poorly policed. A mate of mine turned up on Sunday and shelled out the money for a Gold Pass stand ticket only to find no one patrolling the grandstand entrance when he got there. He was wild beyond belief.
Ticketek really did botch up the whole ticketing process, particularly if you bought tickets through their website.

Lessons learned hopefully will result in a better controlled, more accessible event next year.