Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Jun 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2711088)   #151
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Mark - surely you were marshalling even before you were born?

The rest of your family certainly seem to have been!

Reg has a lot to answer for - God rest his soul........
Mark, if I'd known I was camping next to a legend I would have come over and introduced myself.

Next time.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2711315)   #152
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Start Saving

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJuliet View Post

I think the solution is to kidnap Nadine

I ain't paying the ransom
Old 14 Jun 2010, 00:51 (Ref:2711568)   #153
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom
Sparky-steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Lewis View Post
I ain't paying the ransom
and you a member of the rescue crew tut tut
Old 14 Jun 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2712052)   #154
Mark Baines
Rookie

Mark Baines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Mark, if I'd known I was camping next to a legend I would have come over and introduced myself.

Next time.
ive been called many things but never a legend lol and yes shelagh my grandad has a lot to answer for.

see you all at croft
Old 14 Jun 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2712154)   #155
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Baines View Post
as for sprinting through gravel traps,god my legs are hurting

Glad to see you sprinting Mark,as you did when we had that incident at the World GT in Abu Dhabi....!! I bet it was a bit cooler at Oulton.

Joe. Post Chief
Old 14 Jun 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2712216)   #156
Mark Baines
Rookie

Mark Baines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi joe

i wish people would stop this talk of me running everyones going to think im a fitness freak haha
Old 15 Jun 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2712735)   #157
Dave Weston
Racer

Dave Weston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there are enough marshals to safely and comfortably man the post still resulting in extra bodies that can be added to incident teams, then what better opportunity for an experienced marshal to take a couple of races out during the day to spend some time with one or two newer marshals / trainees and talk them through any incidents that may happen during this time or just generally pass on knowledge / experiences / trying to spot car numbers, especially on single seaters / etc.

The concern that I have is that the Trainees may pick up on an apparent lack of respect and camaraderie between marshals at the bigger meetings, very early in their marshalling careers and may be put off returning for any meeting, big or small.

This is something that should be avoided at all costs, as marshal retention is one of the key factors in the continuation of motorsport.

What all new and experienced marshals should remember is that we are all volunteers who give up their free time to be involved with an activity that we enjoy doing, whatever the weather and whatever the meeting and should share in that enjoyment on the day.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2712835)   #158
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Weston View Post
The concern that I have is that the Trainees may pick up on an apparent lack of respect and camaraderie between marshals at the bigger meetings, very early in their marshalling careers and may be put off returning for any meeting, big or small.

This is something that should be avoided at all costs, as marshal retention is one of the key factors in the continuation of motorsport.

What all new and experienced marshals should remember is that we are all volunteers who give up their free time to be involved with an activity that we enjoy doing, whatever the weather and whatever the meeting and should share in that enjoyment on the day.
as a trainee marshal, i can state as fact that i have never been treated with lack of respect or camaraderie or seen anyone being treated like that. in fact just the opposite..
always from first walkabout day (well we all know Nadine is wonderful) and first day on post i have been treated with friendship and openess... in fact been taken under the wings of a few who made me feel very very welcome..
so if your reading this tread and thinking of being a marshal or a newbie come along you'll really fit in and be welcomed
Old 16 Jun 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2713034)   #159
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky-steve View Post
as a trainee marshal, i can state as fact that i have never been treated with lack of respect or camaraderie or seen anyone being treated like that. in fact just the opposite.
You haven't worked with me yet!

Just joking. . . or am I?
Old 16 Jun 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2713130)   #160
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But to be fair, it's not that you treat trainees with a lack of respect, it's everybody...

(don't mean it, you're a sweetie really)
Old 16 Jun 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2713153)   #161
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
You haven't worked with me yet!

Just joking. . . or am I?
I'll tell my mum if your mean to me
Old 16 Jun 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2713160)   #162
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
But to be fair, it's not that you treat trainees with a lack of respect, it's everybody...
Can't be seen to discriminate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky-steve
I'll tell my mum if your mean to me
My mum's bigger than your mum!

(Not really - she's tiny!)