Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Jul 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2504112)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Tims right it is a complex design which is why I failed to do a fully woven one in house as it stacked too many stiches one on top of the other. One of my suppliers is offering this as a new service so I will enquire Monday, I already spoke with them about CTCRC patches so I know they will be up to it and Terry yes printing is simple off a computer but trust me digitising for embroidery is a whole different ball game, the software alone can run in to excess of £5k. I'd do some more simple inhouse digitising with my software and have digitised the 10/10ths logo but I will have to speak with my supplier to ensure they are happy with the way I have done it as they may want to charge to set up their own.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 13:24 (Ref:2504188)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I had my logo done by Performance Clothing,they did sell me some Shirts etc,they told me they could copy anything in about 5 minuits on thier machine Al.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2504206)   #28
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
put me down for one of those bad boys lol just got my overalls from dws so need some patches etc to liven them up a bit
Old 19 Jul 2009, 14:48 (Ref:2504224)   #29
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
When I had my logo done by Performance Clothing,they did sell me some Shirts etc,they told me they could copy anything in about 5 minuits on thier machine Al.
And so can I 95% of the time as I have state of the art Drawings 4 software but as Tim said this is a complex logo and not the same thing as it has so many overlays. The automatic digitising software is not so good on a job like this.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2504663)   #30
Scoundrel
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Scoundrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can put my down for 2 patches to make up the numbers
Old 20 Jul 2009, 09:37 (Ref:2504696)   #31
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Thanks Al, much appreciated.

Guys, just to explain. As Al has already said, most companies charge a set up fee for this. After that, there's the mechanism of actually selling and fulfilling the orders. Grant and I simply don't have the funds or the time to do this.

The previous patches that were available were from a company that produced the badges on demand and sold via their own website, but they stopped doing it.

We're very happy for Al to go ahead with this and fix his own price for what he wants to sell them for (and many thanks Al for taking the time).
Old 20 Jul 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2504742)   #32
Circuit boy
Rookie

Circuit boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
And so can I 95% of the time as I have state of the art Drawings 4 software but as Tim said this is a complex logo and not the same thing as it has so many overlays. The automatic digitising software is not so good on a job like this.
You should be able to do that simple logo in a morning with Drawings 4, but state of the art, that's pushing it a bit for a £750 design prog.
try my 7k Wilcom, now that's state of the art!
Old 20 Jul 2009, 12:41 (Ref:2504813)   #33
andyrjt1
Rookie

Scotland
gloucestershire
andyrjt1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and I would like 4 please.....pretty please
Old 20 Jul 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2504860)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit boy View Post
You should be able to do that simple logo in a morning with Drawings 4, but state of the art, that's pushing it a bit for a £750 design prog.
try my 7k Wilcom, now that's state of the art!
Well as far as autodigitising goes it is state of the art and very good for me because I work in vectors with the sign business and yes it did 'only' cost around £750 and if it took me a morning I would be in real trouble so would farm the digitising out, wanna do it? I have actually got a digitised version of the logo but as it sews out the background i.e. 100% woven it stacks up over lays and for the method I was using i.e. sewing on a soluble material it does not do it correctly. But if you want to have a go be my guest.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2504866)   #35
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if anyone does manage to knock some out, put me down for 3 please!
Old 20 Jul 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2504870)   #36
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Right as Evil is OK with this I have just got onto my people and they are sorting me out a price, they will do the digitising as that's art of the service and how they want to operate. As soon as I get a definitive final price i will post back here. They have a 10 to 14 day turn around but once I get a price if I get the orders I will proceed.

BTW I am going to get a price for a badge overall width 95mm, does that seem about correct?

I will also get a heat sealed backing on them so they can be heat pressed only garments without sewing.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2504876)   #37
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 for me too please ! New(ish) overalls still looking a bit bare!
Old 20 Jul 2009, 14:23 (Ref:2504894)   #38
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Al, 95mm is just about right, the original one I have is 98mm at it's widest point.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 14:23 (Ref:2504895)   #39
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

BTW I am going to get a price for a badge overall width 95mm, does that seem about correct?
Just checked the original patch Al and its 100 mm x 66 mm

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 20 Jul 2009, 14:42 (Ref:2504907)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ok I doubt a few mm will alter the price too much. They have all the info now so I await their call.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2504908)   #41
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for taking the time to do this Al, much appreciated
Old 20 Jul 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2504923)   #42
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Is a few MM that important anyway, if they are priced at 95mm why not leave it at that.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 15:55 (Ref:2504947)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I wrote heat pressed only that should have been heat pressed onto garment, of course they can be sewn on as well! I have asked her to price for a hard wearing twill background as I thought that best as they will take a bit of flack on overalls.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2504988)   #44
Oscar114
Racer

United Kingdom
Widnes
Oscar114 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wrote heat pressed only that should have been heat pressed onto garment, of course they can be sewn on as well! I have asked her to price for a hard wearing twill background as I thought that best as they will take a bit of flack on overalls.
Al,
Thanks for your efforts on this, look forward to hearing the price.
Dave
Old 20 Jul 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2504990)   #45
andyrjt1
Rookie

Scotland
gloucestershire
andyrjt1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thanks too Al, I bought 2 of the original ones and put them away in a safe place ready for my next change of overalls......mmmmmm I put them away so safe I havent to this day found them!!
Old 20 Jul 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2504993)   #46
MattFord
Racer

England
Sunbury on Thames
MattFord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll be up for at least a couple
Old 21 Jul 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2505359)   #47
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Not very good news I am afraid chaps. If I put a modest profit on the badges and I mean modest just to cover my outlay etc. by the time I have added vat they come out at £5.75 each plus postage which should'nt be too much. Also it would have to be with a laser cut border not a stiched merrowed border because of the complexity of the design.

I tried me best if any one else wants to have go please be my guest.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2505439)   #48
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even at that price I still think we would get people interested. I would certainly take 1.
Anyone else?

Al what's the minimun order from "your people"?
Would you want the orders from us in & the money upfront so there is no outlay to yourself? Only resonable in my opinion.

Col
Old 21 Jul 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2505450)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
That was for a batch of 200 so quite an outlay for me so I would need some confirmed orders. The vat thing does not help but as my mark up on these will be so small it will only have made it a couple of pennies dearer as the supplier will be charging vat whoever buys them.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2505453)   #50
Paul Mann
Rookie

England
Portsmouth
Paul Mann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll have 1 - who do I make the cheque out to and where do I send it?