Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 20 Dec 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1487233)   #101
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*GASP* You mean you are a fraud!

Ps: Go stir hell up about Craig in the NISS forum. I dare you

edit: You spoiled the flow of my joke. Say sorry before I delete the posts above me so it fits
Old 20 Dec 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1487244)   #102
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
??????

Im totally baffled , i got no idea what you guys are going on about , i think I might go hide in Parce ferme.

P.S and who is Potsie ?
Old 20 Dec 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1487249)   #103
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Webber
me or the real one
So therefore I assumed Potsie = MW.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1487250)   #104
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Potsie is Mark Webbers nickname

lol Hazza
Old 20 Dec 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1487261)   #105
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've only heard that name used by about 2 members on here.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 11:16 (Ref:1487277)   #106
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I've only heard that name used by about 2 members on here.
GTR and MW?
Old 20 Dec 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1487615)   #107
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Now I understand (Damm you GTR and those nicknames LOL)

Webber would not be interested im sure , But I'd like to see him have a go just to see how competitive he is
Old 1 Jan 2006, 13:07 (Ref:1492822)   #108
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just as well that Hackett or CA won't be driving the A1. I think that Hackett is subject to overly generous apprasals, [like much of the drivers in or moving into Champcar IMHO] due to weak competition in F3 & esp. the GTs ain't a professional series, it's highly unlikely CA would really be up to it IMHO not yet.

Maybe Mawer, McFadyen, some Formula Ford drivers like Elliot etc. would be worth a try.

Why not bring back Nyguen, did very well in F3000 for someone with no-prior racing background what-so-ever I think?
Old 2 Jan 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1493090)   #109
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe a sixth inhis first ever run at Macau isn't good enough for you? But then we all know how weak the opposition is there......

Nyguen? Talk about overhyped coodabeens. the only thing he did well in F3000 was bring the car back with 4 wheels still on it. Aside from that he's not doen much except %#$ people off locally. As for McFadyen, I will repeat this again. He does not play well with other kids and is in dire need of an attitude realignment.

I say bring on Bart! Or even John Pettit!
Old 2 Jan 2006, 00:30 (Ref:1493100)   #110
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Just as well that Hackett or CA won't be driving the A1. I think that Hackett is subject to overly generous apprasals, [like much of the drivers in or moving into Champcar IMHO] due to weak competition in F3 & esp. the GTs ain't a professional series, it's highly unlikely CA would really be up to it IMHO not yet.

Maybe Mawer, McFadyen, some Formula Ford drivers like Elliot etc. would be worth a try.
Hang on let me get your logic here. Your going to overlook Hackett who has tested A1, driven F4000 and also tested Atlantics, overlook CA who has been racing F3 (I agree its too early for him) but your prepared to stick FF runner Elliot in at the deep end.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 03:57 (Ref:1493191)   #111
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think CA is not the way to go IMHO Mawer has got to be the hot fav then Hackett (he has to be quicker than Jones ) also CMurch could be a good pick
Old 2 Jan 2006, 04:37 (Ref:1493204)   #112
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
I disagree on Nygun, I think he has a fair share of talent.

Because, as you say, the compeition is poor in international F3000.

Locally all he did was give McFadyen a run for his money until the car broke.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 08:00 (Ref:1493269)   #113
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Chucky.......one comment you made confused me, on a National Formula Ford Championship level, Petit has never been blindingly quick, as you indicated.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1493385)   #114
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Umm, I think Peter Hackett is a bit slow IMHO.

His results in appearences in Australia haven't been much, the GTs isn't a professional series and in australian F3 when he has jumped in more recent years the results weren't that great.

Hackett's ability is like James Manderson or Karl Reindler IMHO.

The reason that I think any "really" top FF racers might generally be better than most of the leading F3 racers is that I think FF is mostly overall more competitive than F3 IMHO. The top bunch in F3 seem to a mixed bunch who tend to swap positions alot IMHO, eg. Will Power was genuinely dominant and went over to Europe and ran mostly inside the top 10 but these others who swapped positions alot mostly go over to Europe and run mostly outside the Top 10.

Either way Australia's A1GP drivers aren't as good as the very top GP2 drivers unfortunately even with Power or especially without. Unless it's Courtney or Briscoe is there anyone else as good as the top GP2 drivers? And that's the level of driver to match with good engineering if you want to win in A1GP I think.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1493398)   #115
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
Maybe a sixth inhis first ever run at Macau isn't good enough for you?
But if he went back say three times on the thrid time would he ever be able to totally dominate the event like Courtney did, or even get 2nd or 3rd agaisnt the latest hotshots say even after running in Europe with them? I really really don't think IMHO. But someone who especially dominate the other junior categories that's the sort of driver you want if Aus A1GP is to try and have a better shot at winning.

People of the level of Will Power (apparently even with Tagliani, so moderate level about Top of that Renault World Series level almost even with the two Jordan drivers Monteiro and Karthikayean who finished one two in that right but even that series in the end didn't in the end work out for Power) are very good, and can do some good hard-charging. But this level is definately not as fast as the top GP2 drivers who are circling F1 though. So even better drivers than Power are needed for Aus A1GP to be competitive I think, now that teams are all getting more sorted etc it's not as helpful as ADR running around familiar old Brands Hatch IMHO.

But as a Nico Rosberg type is unlikely,

hopefully the best driver possible will be found a bit slower or even with Power but hopefully a bit faster and given a much more sorted car than Davison. Unfortunately I think most of the ones about the level of the Hackett's etc being mooted would only run around without being very fast IMHO.

As it is following excuses and "improvements" from 18th up to 10th is like following FPR in 2004 !!!
Old 2 Jan 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1493399)   #116
Jimmy14
Rookie

Jimmy14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC

The reason that I think any "really" top FF racers might generally be better than most of the leading F3 racers is that I think FF is mostly overall more competitive than F3 IMHO.
I agree, someone like David Reynolds, Daniel Elliot, or Tim Macrow could go very well given some decent track time. I think I would be worth putting a young guy in and give him a few races to find his feet, (this season's pretty much a write off anyway) and then by next season they would have a handle on the car and could have a good go at it.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1493435)   #117
speedfreek
Rookie

United Kingdom
Reading
speedfreek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=
1. MUST beat the poms
[/QUOTE]
this is late but who are the poms, im not good an aussie slang and what crash was briscoe involved in, he had a big one in 2004 at eau rouge but that was so long ago so it must have been one in the IRL?
Old 2 Jan 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1493779)   #118
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Poms are the british (prisoners of mother England)

Briscoe has a huge accident in 05 in the IRL and was really lucky to survive it let alone be thinking of racing again.
Old 3 Jan 2006, 03:26 (Ref:1493828)   #119
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
Nyguen? Talk about overhyped coodabeens. the only thing he did well in F3000 was bring the car back with 4 wheels still on it. [...]
Nguyen, in his second F3000 year, scored for BCN team 5 points in three races, and was the only driver of that team who scored points during 2003.
He was a case of "rising young star" that never had enough backing from companies, despite he could fulfil his desire to be in series like F3000.
But frankly I prefer him in the AUS A1GP car instead Christian Jones...
Old 3 Jan 2006, 12:12 (Ref:1494064)   #120
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Briscoe has a huge accident in 05 in the IRL and was really lucky to survive it let alone be thinking of racing again.
It seems he is over it. He tested with Toyota recently (F1 that is) and apparently was on it.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 13:07 (Ref:1496787)   #121
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to Motorsport News (Australian publication) Team A1 Australia has approached Ryan Briscoe to run at Laguna.

Ryan has told the team he is awaiting confirmation of his program for 06 before he can give them a definate yes/no.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 03:30 (Ref:1497114)   #122
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be good, although with the current state of competitiveness it wouldn't do anything for his career. Tomas Scheckter didn't do a lot for RSA.

Sounds like Laguna will be an interesting round with Scott Dixon probably in for NZ and Bryan Herta back for USA.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1497197)   #123
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Bryan @ Laguna?

Everyone else can just go home.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1497306)   #124
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ryans to good for a1, he needs to be concentrating on getting into f1.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1497325)   #125
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Briscoe1
ryans to good for a1, he needs to be concentrating on getting into f1.
If he manages to excel in A1GP wouldn't that be a good showcase for him to try and get an F1 drive?