Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jun 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1324892)   #1
NJDMONEY
Rookie

NJDMONEY has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Old school weekend schedule

With all the talk about the current and pending Formula 1 weekend schedules perhaps a mix of the recent past and the not-so recent past is an option.

I'm sure many of us have played the simulation grand Prix Legends, we're all familiar with their weekend format: 2 two hour practice/qualifying sessions. Your time in those sessions also counted as your qualifying time.

With respect to that schedule, my weekend schedule is as follows:

Friday: Open testing. 3 cars for everyone, if they choose. 2 2-hour long practice sessions.

Saturday: Everyone back to two cars and FIA choice: 1 2 hour Practice/qualifying session or 2 1-hour practice/qualifying sessions. Either way, 2 hours to set your best qualifying time.

Sunday: Warmup and race.

Also, there are a few repercussions of my schedule. All testing is banned except for a small pocket after the end of the year until Christmas and then a small pocket after New Years until a month or so before the first race.. Even Ferrari at Fiorano. I'm sure it would be impossible to police by the FIA but we all know the teams are well at policing each other. The punishment for violating the ban can be anything you'd like. Loss of the Friday test time, banning from a race, loss of qualifying time, whatever's your poison.

Qualifying will have to be done on low fuel and Parc ferme done away with. I admit it makes the races interesting stategically but so will banning refuelling, which I'd throw in just for good measure.

There's the lay of the land. The one hour sessions were boring enough for the first 45 minutes so I'm sure some kind of rule would have to be made to ensure the teams use the track time. However, I think the fact that making it a practice session as well will encourage the teams to run.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 16:15 (Ref:1324895)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's nothing wrong with the present arrangements.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1324906)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is nothing wrong with your suggestions.. but with your schedules i doubt ITV would ever show qualifying....
Old 10 Jun 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1324954)   #4
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm wondering why cant we have the best of both world in regards to qualifying? Seeing as the teams don't particularly like the idea of a retirement one race weekend to affect the next qualifying session, why can't we have the old 1 hour/12 lap session on a Friday, then the one-lap shoot-outs on Saturday on race fuel-tanks? It's not like we get much coverage of Friday sessions anyway...

Could it be that this is so logical the FIA would refuse?