Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Jun 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2225174)   #1
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jernbergs Skoda

Great result for Jernberg in Austria, but god that Skodas ugly. I ve tried from every angle, its not a pretty car. And as for that new WRC Impreza.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2225249)   #2
the learner
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
the learner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the skoda looks great to be honest really nice car and has it really on the pace. aint seen pics of the new impreza wrc not to mad on the road version
Old 10 Jun 2008, 23:30 (Ref:2225286)   #3
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree i like the fabia its a nice pocket rocket, im not too mad on the WRC Impreza yet....
Old 11 Jun 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2225460)   #4
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie
Great result for Jernberg in Austria, but god that Skodas ugly. ...
It looks like it's streched...
ugly car
Old 11 Jun 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2225473)   #5
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Great result for Jernberg in Austria, but god that Skodas ugly. I ve tried from every angle, its not a pretty car. And as for that new WRC Impreza.
Any chance of posting a piccie so we can all argue about it??
Old 11 Jun 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2225517)   #6
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind it. Looks quick too Maybe it looks worse in real life?
Old 11 Jun 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2225528)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
http://www.rallycross.de/index.html

Scroll down and you find several pics.

BTW, the new Mk2 Ĺ*koda Fabia (Type 5J) is not homologated yet and Michael Jernberg is running it under the same RX rule that Kenneth Hansen used for his CitroĂ«n C4 in 2006, before the C4 became homologated. The Swedish ASN (SBF) has fixed that for both with the FIA.

IMO the front with its radiator grille looks pretty baroque, but the rest of the car is quite okay for me. However, another red ERC car. I would like to see at least a certain amount of Ĺ*koda green on the Fabia…
Old 11 Jun 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2225572)   #8
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
Just in case you actually wanted to see a piccie of the new Scooby:

Group N version here: http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/artikel_4258.html

WRC 2008 here: http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/artikel_3735.html
Old 11 Jun 2008, 10:40 (Ref:2225606)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got to admit it is a hideous looking machine, far too small and it looks really ungainly

But Toveks know how to build decent gear as proved by Larsson, and his cars have not really gone on to better things, which also shows how good Lars was!!
Old 11 Jun 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2225689)   #10
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The New WRC Impreza is a Beauty IMHO

Sorry mods, couldn't reduce image size
Old 11 Jun 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2225694)   #11
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
http://www.rallycross.de/index.html

Scroll down and you find several pics.

BTW, the new Mk2 Ĺ*koda Fabia (Type 5J) is not homologated yet and Michael Jernberg is running it under the same RX rule that Kenneth Hansen used for his CitroĂ«n C4 in 2006, before the C4 became homologated. The Swedish ASN (SBF) has fixed that for both with the FIA.

IMO the front with its radiator grille looks pretty baroque, but the rest of the car is quite okay for me. However, another red ERC car. I would like to see at least a certain amount of Ĺ*koda green on the Fabia…
Yep, the Skoda's pretty damn ugly alright. I liked the old Fabia but the new one looks proportionately wrong. Mind you, who cares how it looks once it wins.

The Scooby is just plain boring.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2226092)   #12
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks better in the flesh and a damn sight better than the road version but the grill looks really ghastly and should never be on a racecar.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2226379)   #13
the learner
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
yep have to say loving the scooby......
any one explain homologated to me in quick easy terms as im only new to rallycross... sorry if i sound stupid but i heard it before and dont know what it means
Old 12 Jun 2008, 07:29 (Ref:2226673)   #14
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by the learner
yep have to say loving the scooby......
any one explain homologated to me in quick easy terms as im only new to rallycross... sorry if i sound stupid but i heard it before and dont know what it means
That's a good question. In simple terms homologated means before you run a new car or significantly improved new bits for an existing car you have to have built so many road going versions first before the FIA or whoever approves it. It's a little different with the WRC cars because there are no real road going equivalents but that's the general principle. It's not like say F1 where they come up with new wings and things all the time and just chuck them on the car. With homologation, there's a more onerous process to go through and approval has to be received. One reason for it I guess is to keep development costs in check whereas in F1 there is no such restriction so people are spending bananna's moneyjust to copy everyone else and stay where they are on the grid.

For example, a few years back Austin McHale here in Ireland had a Corolla WRC rally car but as he was used to right hand drive, he converted it from left hand drive. He then wasn't allowed race it in any FIA sanctioned events because all WRC Corolla's had been homologted as left hand drive only.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2227101)   #15
the learner
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
so why cant jernbergs skoda be homologated they are in wide production on the roads or am i picking this up wrong....

lets just say i build a rally x car and the shell is custom and not of a certain car does that mean it cant be homologated......
Old 12 Jun 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2227288)   #16
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
so why cant jernbergs skoda be homologated they are in wide production on the roads or am i picking this up wrong....

lets just say i build a rally x car and the shell is custom and not of a certain car does that mean it cant be homologated......
Jernbergs Škoda can be homologated for Group A, but only the factory can do it, after they have produced 2,500 units in 12 consecutive months. However, they have not done it yet and, therefore, Jernberg is using a special FIA ERC rule, eligible for Division 1 and the Rallycross Cup only.

See:
http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/6A6064EF26F0E8C7C125743A00505260/$FILE/Art_279_VoituresAdmissibles.pdf
I don’t know why the link is not working straight but if you copy it into your website address frame it should work.

As you can see Per Eklund’s Saab 9-3 is also covered under this rule as well as the Hyundai i30 Thomas RĂĄdström was planning to use, before he postponed his project till 2009.

Last edited by rx-guru; 12 Jun 2008 at 20:13.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 22:12 (Ref:2227367)   #17
the learner
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
god really starting to think you are the rally x guru.......
thanks makes more sense now
Old 13 Jun 2008, 17:03 (Ref:2227935)   #18
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About the Jernberg Skoda - When I first saw it, I thought it was a Mini Cooper, the colours and the shape matched perfectly.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2228087)   #19
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
god really starting to think you are the rally x guru.......
thanks makes more sense now
He is.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 23:11 (Ref:2228152)   #20
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree with you. Too many red cars. On his new bus he got some Skoda green. Put it on the car as well. BTW Guru, did you ask Henning anything about Petter’s plans for a Subaru RX in that press conference in Kungsträdgården?
Old 14 Jun 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2228296)   #21
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye
[…] did you ask Henning anything about Petter’s plans for a Subaru RX in that press conference in KungsträdgĂĄrden?
Yep, but he was more interested in questions about himself. However, I understood that there is some kind of competition between the siblings. Originally it was rather the question 'Who will be ready with his car first?' and now 'Who’s car will be the better and who will be the better RX driver?'. BTW, Henning’s wife Maud, like Petter’s wife Pernilla, is from Sweden. She is from Charlottenberg and started her own short career as a rally co-driver with Tomas Tidemand. In 1995 she was Petter’s co-driver during his rallying debut at Bjørkelangen, in the Volvo Original category. Maud told me, that their good friend Eivind Opland is (or was?) very keen to drive Henning’s new RX Fiesta at Höljes, just in case Henning does not enter the event himself.
Old 14 Jun 2008, 10:38 (Ref:2228317)   #22
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep, but he was more interested in questions about himself. However, I understood that there is some kind of competition between the siblings. Originally it was rather the question 'Who will be ready with his car first?' and now 'Who’s car will be the better and who will be the better RX driver?'. BTW, Henning’s wife Maud, like Petter’s wife Pernilla, is from Sweden. She is from Charlottenberg and started her own short career as a rally co-driver with Tomas Tidemand. In 1995 she was Petter’s co-driver during his rallying debut at Bjørkelangen, in the Volvo Original category. Maud told me, that their good friend Eivind Opland is (or was?) very keen to drive Henning’s new RX Fiesta at Höljes, just in case Henning does not enter the event himself.
I’m not surprised. They have had big trouble in that family. For a while they did not speak to each other. Their wives were forced to mediate between the brothers.

Good news! It would be great to se Opland back in rallycross.
Old 14 Jun 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2228325)   #23
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye
[…] Their wives were forced to mediate between the brothers.
I understood from stories in the Norwegian press that the wives were also forced to find somebody to mediate between themselves… However, perhaps my Norwegian needs some practice…