Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2006, 17:16 (Ref:1552851)   #1
vladislav
Rookie

vladislav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone

Hi, everibody I want to visit this years Silverstone GP, but I dont know wich sector to choose. I wonder do you know in what sector there is one of those big screens on wich to watch the hole race, not just the thinks that are hapaning right in front of you?
Thanks
Old 19 Mar 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1552861)   #2
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladislav
Hi, everibody I want to visit this years Silverstone GP, but I dont know wich sector to choose. I wonder do you know in what sector there is one of those big screens on wich to watch the hole race, not just the thinks that are hapaning right in front of you?
Thanks
Hi Vlad check out

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/html/race_tickets.php

the places where you can see screens are called e-zones. Bare in mind that alot of the cheaper tickets have sold out, the bronze plus tickets have been quite popluar it seems.
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1552866)   #3
vladislav
Rookie

vladislav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thank you very much
Old 19 Mar 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1552877)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to 10-10ths
I hope you'll let us know what it was like.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1552880)   #5
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
Hi Vlad check out

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/html/race_tickets.php

the places where you can see screens are called e-zones. Bare in mind that alot of the cheaper tickets have sold out, the bronze plus tickets have been quite popluar it seems.
I seem to disagree with your interpretation of where the giant screens are positioned. I was under the impression that on those maps of the circuit the grey boxes with the word 'TV' written on them were the position of the giant TV's. Ezones i assumed were places that sold merchandise, and had entertainment eg.kiddies rides etc etc.

Anyone else agree/disagree with that?
Old 19 Mar 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1552884)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As a general, but not hard and fast rule, Gold areas have a big screen, Silver do not and Bronze aren't grandstands and may or may not. This applies to all GP circuits, or at least the European ones I've been to.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1552920)   #7
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£100 - £269 for a ticket

And after I can watch a 6hr SportsCar race for £15.

Never!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1552926)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quite, but as some people don't want to watch a 6 hour sportscar race then it is irrelevant for them. This thread is about helping out a fellow fan. We can all chose between difference aspects of the same sport (Div 3 North or Premiership Rugby, a band down the pub or a Pink Floyd Concert, etc...). But that is another topic. vladislav, you enjoy your GP. I hope to enjoy both.

Now the big screens for our new member: There is a a few on the inside of the final complex that point in most directions.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1552945)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've only sat at Abbey and Bridge. Both had good big screens and speaker systems.

The Bridge ticket was the slightly cheaper Silver and was obviously an uncovered stand, which led to being burnt to a crisp last year.

But I don't think you'd be able to get Bridge tickets at this late stage.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1553032)   #10
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Quite, but as some people don't want to watch a 6 hour sportscar race then it is irrelevant for them. This thread is about helping out a fellow fan.
You're quite correct, so Vladislav I hope you enjoy watching the race as much as Bernie Ecclestone will enjoy spending your money!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1553037)   #11
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I've only sat at Abbey and Bridge. Both had good big screens and speaker systems. The Bridge ticket was the slightly cheaper Silver and was obviously an uncovered stand, which led to being burnt to a crisp last year. But I don't think you'd be able to get Bridge tickets at this late stage.
I concur with Knowls - Mr V offered me and me lad a ticket last year at Bridge just along from Knowls. It was a good spot, a nice fast corner and some view of the slower infield corners - but we too got very fried. I spent so much time keeping the nipper suncreamed that I forgot my knees, which got burned - it was desperate in the office the next day.

Sat on the mainstraight for the vintage cars - but frankly you didn't see much more action.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1553135)   #12
Matski
Racer

hmm.. yeah you're probably right about the tv screens. Ive been about 4 time in the past year but I always end up in the BRDC stand overlooking luffield. Although I got my GP this year for Copse cos I really want to see (read as HEAR) the start of the race.. I've never heard 22 F1 engines all revving together before (only ever been to test sessions) but I think it's going to be one of the most amazing sensations EVER.
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1553140)   #13
Matski
Racer

Taking some kinda hand held TV might be your best bet.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1553158)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's amazing really. You pay for the privilege of being at a GP and at the end of the day you're just watching a bigger TV out in the open!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 23:21 (Ref:1553180)   #15
Matski
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
It's amazing really. You pay for the privilege of being at a GP and at the end of the day you're just watching a bigger TV out in the open!
Yeah.. if u want the best coverage stay at home and watch it on TV, but everybody should go to at least one GP. the first time I heard an F1 car at full tilt I got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye - it was like god had growled at me!!!!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1553184)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I tend to not watch the screens, and focus on the cars on track...

Incidentally, flat12, Bernie won't enjoy spending the ticket revenue.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1553192)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I make the annual pilgrimage to Silverstone every year now and I wouldn't miss it for anything.

There's just something about the live spectacle - the noise, the knowledgeable people, the sense of occasion. Hunting round the track for new vantage points. Seeing Karthikeyan sideways through Copse! And the little things, like how vivid the colours are. It is just mind blowing.

Hopefully in future I will go to a two or three per year.

If I could ban anything though, it would be air horns which never fail to blow my airs clean in half. Ban them!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1553195)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I tend to not watch the screens, and focus on the cars on track...
At the start when the field doesn't come round for a while you have to watch the screens a little.

But once the cars are spread out and the leaders are mingling with lapped traffic, the screens don't get a glance.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 23:32 (Ref:1553199)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
One of the aspects of going live I always like is that you get better acquainted with the different engines, whereby you can tell which engine is coming before it is in view.

Other than that, yeah, just the whole experience of 8am-6pm, Thursday through Sunday, of all the different stuff going on.

It is good.

And, yes, the early stages, in the gaps, for sure the screens are looked at.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 05:24 (Ref:1553369)   #20
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Dutton]I tend to not watch the screens, and focus on the cars on track...[QUOTE]

So do I, but that has something to do with wearing orange overalls and holding* a blue flag with nothing but grass between me & the cars

*I can't say waving a blue flag, as obviously we don't do that according to the drivers moaning so far this season

However, if you do have a TV screen in sight it is a great help for the flag marshals especially of you can see a battle heading your way with a Super Aguri / Midland etc not far in front. Luffield Out last year had a good view of the Luffield Centre screens.

As for the noise, I flagged at Copse Out on my first GP and the noise was incredible. And we got DC nerfed into the gravel (as it was) on the first lap so that was a great start. I love it (and don't have to pay £xxx for tickets to get in/camp/park )

Al
Old 20 Mar 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1554267)   #21
Matski
Racer

Actually I could do with some advice on camping at silverstone.

I only live 20 minutes (outside of rush hour) from silverstone. So friday I'll drive over then come home later in the day, but I want to camp over on saturday night so I can have a few beers. Any body got any advice - where's best, whats allowed (BBQ's?), whats frowned upon (4 am uplifting trance blasting out with a custom laser show!).... etc.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1555018)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I was at Litchlake camp last year, just a five minute walk from the entrance......

If you want to sleep at night, don't stay there. Showers were pretty appalling too. And it was quite expensive.

However, the atmosphere was wonderful, you could have BBQ's without fear and there were plenty of merchandise stalls and suchlike. Very nice.

I did get annoyed on the Sunday morning when some jerks started blasting out Status Quo. Not what you need at 3:30 in the morning!