Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 May 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2883291)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Such good news. It was rumoured a while ago and I was thinking it wasn't to be. Can. Not. Wait.

EDIT: How many laps do people reckon it will do?

Last edited by Simmi; 20 May 2011 at 22:09.
Old 20 May 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2883299)   #27
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Did they make a special Cooling System ????. The Drivers Parade is more Stop and Go than a Race . Could be a big Problem with the Cooling .
Agreed, I have my doubts that it'll be taking part in the parade under it's own steam. I suspect it'll be paraded on the back of a truck.
Old 20 May 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2883301)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I doubt that James and I will be at the parade.

There is a clear conflict though for Saturday......
So do I........and yes there is.

Further discussion needed on the '10Tenths Meeting' thread?
Old 22 May 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2883823)   #29
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I haven't seen it thusfar but is there a map/plan of the village where all the shops will be located for this year?
Old 22 May 2011, 13:55 (Ref:2883880)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not that I've seen.....
Old 24 May 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2885197)   #31
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
From LeMans.org:-

Sunday 5th June
14h30 – 18h50 : Scrutineering
In the city centre of Le Mans, Place des Jacobins. A chance to see cars and drivers close-up. Entry free.

Monday 6th June
09h30 – 17h30 : Scrutineering
Place des Jacobins. Entry free..

Tuesday 7th June
17h00 – 18h00 : Autograph Session
Sucessful last year, autograph sessions return in 2011. It takes place in the pit lane. Access is free to holders of « enceinte générale » tickets
22h00 – 00h00 : Showing of the film Le Mans
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the film's release, the Automobile Club de l'Ouest and CBS/Paramount Home Entertainment present the film in full. Rendezvous in the centre of pit straight. Access free to all holders of « enceinte générale » tickets.

Wednesday 8th June
16h00 – 20h00 : Free Practice 24 Hours of Le Mans
20h30 – 21h30 : Free Practice Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
21h00 – 00h00 : Concerts - Raphaël and Sarah Bessie are on la scène near the Dunlop bridge, on the outfield of the circuit. Access open to all holders of « enceinte générale » tickets.
22h00 – 00h00 : Essais Qualificatifs 24 Heures du Mans (Liste des engagés)

Thursday 9th June
16h00 – 17h00 : Qualifying Le Mans Legend
17h30 – 18h30 : Qualifying Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
19h00 – 21h00 : Qualifying for 24 Hours of Le Mans
21h00 – 00h00 : Concerts - Julian Peretta and Mia Wallas are on la scène near the Dunlop bridge, on the outfield of the circuit. Access open to holders of « enceinte générale » tickets.
21h15 – 21h35 : Demonstration 'Le Mans towards the future'
22h00 – 00h00 : Qualifying 24 Hours of Le Mans (Entry List)

Friday 10th June
10h00 – 20h00 : Pit Walk.
Pit lane open all day to see final preparations of the teams. Access open to all holders of « enceinte générale » tickets.
18h00 – 20h00 : Drivers Parade
Celebrate of the heros of Le Mans in a festive style. Spectators come from all over France, but also British, Dutch, Germans, Danes, Italians, Spanish, and even a few Americans and Japonese… The event takes place in the city centre of Le Mans. Free access.

Saturday 11th June
09h00 – 09h45 : Warm-Up for 24 Hours of Le Mans
10h05 – 10h50 : Race Le Mans Legend
11h15 – 12h00 : Race Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
12h10 – 12h30 : Demonstration 'Le Mans towards the future'
14h22 – 15h00 : Start procedure begins for 24 Hours of Le Mans
15h00 : Start of 79th 24 Hours of Le Mans
21h00 – 24h00 : Concerts - Razorlight and Concrete Knives on la scène stage near the Dunlop bridge, on the outfield of the circuit. Access open to all holders of « enceinte générale » tickets.

Sunday 12th June
15h00 : Finish of 79th 24 Hours of Le Mans
Old 24 May 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2885205)   #32
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Tuesday 7th June
22h00 – 00h00 : Showing of the film Le Mans
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the film's release, the Automobile Club de l'Ouest and CBS/Paramount Home Entertainment present the film in full. Rendezvous in the centre of pit straight. Access free to all holders of « enceinte générale » tickets.
This could be amusing. I wonder if there will be a special screen erected or whether they will just show it on one of the big screens trackside?
Old 24 May 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2885218)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll be on site so will probably check out the screening. Could be a great spectacle if they do it right.

Also...

Does anyone know from experience if there is a good time to do the pit walk on Friday in terms of being able to move and actually see anything? Later the better I assume?
Old 24 May 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2885263)   #34
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Does anyone know from experience if there is a good time to do the pit walk on Friday in terms of being able to move and actually see anything? Later the better I assume?
I've tried mid-morning, early afternoon and late afternoon, they all seemed to be much the same to be honest.
Old 24 May 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2885314)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I've tried mid-morning, early afternoon and late afternoon, they all seemed to be much the same to be honest.

Agreed!
Old 24 May 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2885335)   #36
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'll be on site so will probably check out the screening. Could be a great spectacle if they do it right.

Also...

I've only done it once and that was very early. It certainly wasn't quiet, but from photographs I've seen taken later in the day, it was comparatively empty.
Old 24 May 2011, 17:57 (Ref:2885338)   #37
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I've only done it once and that was very early. It certainly wasn't quiet, but from photographs I've seen taken later in the day, it was comparatively empty.
Yeah this is what I mean. Every photo I have seen taken it has been rammed full of people. But I suppose that makes for a better photo. I'll give it a go and see. Thanks for the answers everyone.
Old 24 May 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2885347)   #38
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't know, if the entry list of the legend race was already posted:
http://motorracinglegends.com/myfile...0List%20v2.pdf
Old 24 May 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2885354)   #39
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice to see Sir Stirling in the legends race again Also... an Alfa Romeo entered by Ten Tenths Ltd...?
Old 24 May 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2885357)   #40
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Nice to see Sir Stirling in the legends race again Also... an Alfa Romeo entered by Ten Tenths Ltd...?
That's Nick Mason's company, not the website!!!!!!!!
Old 24 May 2011, 20:25 (Ref:2885421)   #41
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That makes sense! Having "Ten Tenths" on the entry list certainly made me raise an eyebrow...
Old 25 May 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2885827)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
But we can pretend that it is us that sponsered said car
Old 25 May 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2885909)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Have any of you ever sponsored a car - even in some small way?

I was a member of Tim Lee-Davey's short-lived Sponsor Club back in the very early 90s.....
Old 26 May 2011, 06:46 (Ref:2885994)   #44
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I was a member of Tim Lee-Davey's short-lived Sponsor Club back in the very early 90s.....
I sponsored a Formula Ford race at the WHT one year, does that count?
Old 27 May 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2886844)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I think i paid a tener for a tiny square, however i think tidly dee's car did not last long that year
Old 27 May 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2886868)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, you're right there!
Old 28 May 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2887002)   #47
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
No sign of the ACO's list of garage allocations yet - it's late, and I'm beginning to wonder why!
Old 28 May 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2887023)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's true, I normally put it up on my site but if they don't do it soon, I won;t have time......
Old 2 Jun 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2889915)   #49
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Roger Wills is down for 2 cars in the Legends race.
Is he ALLOWED to race in there? I thought it was classed as extra practice, by the ACO? Have they revised the rules, again?
Old 2 Jun 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2890049)   #50
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans Garage locations:

http://i55.tinypic.com/34dlfrq.jpg
Thanks to Lola, for this image!