Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Apr 2012, 07:08 (Ref:3058204)   #1826
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I didn't link it. I said they were showing interest before they exited F1. By interest I don't mean they were saying it looks interesting. I'm talking about running a hybrid powertrain in a DOME chassis as an example.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3058238)   #1827
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I'm talking about running a hybrid powertrain in a DOME chassis as an example.
Which is "spending a lot of time assessing different motorsport series"
Old 13 Apr 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3058239)   #1828
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
i suspect that toyota dropped spa because during tests they found out some heavy problem to the car (maybe the one that caused the crash). The lack of spare parts or the damaged monoque doesn't convince me at all because TMG during almost 10 years in f1 used to build an amount of more sophisticated carbon spare parts (and for sure some backup monoque/chassis) than the ones used in lmp1 in less than 14 days, race by race... is really hard to believe that they can't build a new car in almost a month! audi last year built 2 new cars in 21 days to run in 6h of imola after le mans...
and then i'm pretty sure that toyota built at least one other test monoque, so they could use that if was a monoque problem.
(what gwyllion said) + why would they feel the need to hide this?
Old 13 Apr 2012, 09:05 (Ref:3058244)   #1829
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what the hell does that mean, from Aton Martin?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-10206.html

The picture that said "Aston Martin avait lancé la mode." at the end of the page
Old 13 Apr 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3058260)   #1830
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Which is "spending a lot of time assessing different motorsport series"
Putting your powertrain in a DOME car in 2007 isn't an idea of a future entry at LeMans but assessing which series? Why is it an issue? This is readily available to read online- I bring it up and now it's being questioned?
Old 13 Apr 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3058265)   #1831
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe because the problem expressed by gwyllion has not been a incident but because of a project mistake, the thing would probably repeat also during the race of spa! so they prefered to better develope the car before a race debut
Old 13 Apr 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3058266)   #1832
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe provide some links to articles about it and you won't get cut down about it...

Quote:
Planning on a future entry since then, or around then according to reports and interviews. Not so much wanting to get in at that time period. But back in 2009 I remember the ACO saying they would welcome manufacturers dissatisfied with F1. Then Toyota pulls out a year after Honda.
That right there is called linking.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3058446)   #1833
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
what the hell does that mean, from Aton Martin?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-10206.html

The picture that said "Aston Martin avait lancé la mode." at the end of the page
Google translation: "Aston Martin launched the fashion". If the truck in question is Aston Martin's, I can only presume that is some sort of illustration before even the Astonmartinized Lola (i.e. from around or before 2008).
Old 13 Apr 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3058448)   #1834
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Putting your powertrain in a DOME car in 2007 isn't an idea of a future entry at LeMans but assessing which series? Why is it an issue? This is readily available to read online- I bring it up and now it's being questioned?
Where I was questioning the Dome experiments? You then again seem to make the conclusion that those experiments = decision to go LMP racing. You could explain though why did they need four years to announce it... obviously it can't be because they wanted to assess different series?

It's now known from the horses' mouth (one of the Toshiaki Kinosh!ta interviews, iirc) that the greenlight could have been given in spring 2011, so until that point everything everything they did was just experimenting.

Last edited by deggis; 13 Apr 2012 at 15:04.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3058457)   #1835
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
AMR used stylised pictures of the car on the transporter way back.
Suddenly, everyone does it.
Though, THAT picture looks more like a 908 to me?!
Old 13 Apr 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3058571)   #1836
TF110
Veteran

United States
Go to the Toyota thread and read the linked stories instead of questioning me. Saying the ACO would welcome manufacturers then Toyota pulls out of F1 more than a year later isn't linking the two together. I even said they were eyeing an entry before they dropped F1. The recession in America, the recall debacle and other factors pushed their decision back. Like I said, go to the Toyota thread and read the links there.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3058580)   #1837
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Go to the Toyota thread and read the linked stories instead of questioning me. Saying the ACO would welcome manufacturers then Toyota pulls out of F1 more than a year later isn't linking the two together. I even said they were eyeing an entry before they dropped F1. The recession in America, the recall debacle and other factors pushed their decision back. Like I said, go to the Toyota thread and read the links there.
Just before this gets worse.
When you know where a link is, it is much easier and in good spirit to find it and re-post the link, as the Toyota thread is already pretty damn long .
This forum is filled to the brim with good information and links, so linking to ones information is something which helps the reader a lot, and the debate won't get so frustrated .

And by the way, it's wasn't only America which hit recession, it was the whole western world including Japan, which sums up the major part of Toyota's market
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late-20...nancial_crisis
Old 13 Apr 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3058585)   #1838
TF110
Veteran

United States
I'd love to link it, but my access or ability is limited with the mobile browser I'm using currently. Possibly later I can provide them.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3058595)   #1839
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Not sure if I am following. I don't need links to convince myself they did some experimenting with the Dome chassis, but those still are not the same thing as a definitive decision or a green light to actually do it. And when has there been a time that ACO wouldn't have welcomed manufacturers? Seriously...

Here's one link, though: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...39#post2983839
Old 14 Apr 2012, 05:38 (Ref:3058753)   #1840
TF110
Veteran

United States
You don't have to follow. You're entitled to your own opinion and we can see what that is. Others believe Toyota has been eying LeMans in a serious manner for years. Not just evaluating it as one option, but more of the option. We don't have to argue over it, there's no reason to get worked up over something so little.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3058762)   #1841
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 14 Apr 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3059090)   #1842
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
“I will do Le Mans. Not this year, but hopefully-definitely in 2013. It’s something I have to do before I croak!” - Zak Brown, United Autosports
http://lendurance.co.uk/2012/04/inte...n-and-le-mans/

They will make a great addition to the grid, and hopefully they will try and put together a WEC season. Maybe we'll see them at Petit again trying to nab that auto-entry.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3059109)   #1843
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
http://lendurance.co.uk/2012/04/inte...n-and-le-mans/

They will make a great addition to the grid, and hopefully they will try and put together a WEC season. Maybe we'll see them at Petit again trying to nab that auto-entry.
Would be great to see them at Petit again. Do they actually own the Oak they ran last year in Atlanta?
Old 14 Apr 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3059166)   #1844
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's a Murphy rumour I want to believe in.

Ryan Walkinshaw, son of Tom, looking to link up with Wirth ahead of next season?

Quote:
@Murphythebear
Walkinshaw scion Ryan toured Wirth Research, Nick as tour guide. Murphy hears the two racing blue-bloods are cooking up a 2013 Le Mans LMP1.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3059173)   #1845
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Ryan Walkinshaw, son of Tom, looking to link up with Wirth ahead of next season?
Nice...
But with what backing?.

There are too many competitive teams and manufactures, who are hungry after backing, that i need to see those two together with a third name (read car manufacture) to believe it, to be true.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3059194)   #1846
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im sure dad left him a tidy bundle , maybe he doesnt need backing .

Be great to have Major Toms son in sportscars .
Old 15 Apr 2012, 01:46 (Ref:3059225)   #1847
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Nice...
But with what backing?.

There are too many competitive teams and manufactures, who are hungry after backing, that i need to see those two together with a third name (read car manufacture) to believe it, to be true.
He'd hinted at some form of 'alternative' project on Twitter a while ago. Pretty sure he's also mentioned meeting with an Indian automotive company on a separate occasion.

Entirely speculative - perhaps this is related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im sure dad left him a tidy bundle , maybe he doesnt need backing .

Be great to have Major Toms son in sportscars .
Agreed. A Walkinshaw revival effort would be pretty ace.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 05:46 (Ref:3059251)   #1848
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Walkinshaw + an Indian automotive car company... hmm
Old 15 Apr 2012, 07:46 (Ref:3059274)   #1849
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TWR Jaguars?
Old 15 Apr 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3059277)   #1850
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands