Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2005, 13:32 (Ref:1295726)   #76
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There must be some speed in that Renault waiting to be unlocked. Fisico set the race's fastest lap on #66... the last lap!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 May 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1295728)   #77
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Raikonnen
Alonso
Trulli
R Schumacher
Fisichella
Webber
Montoya
Coulthard
Barrichello
Heidfeld
Massa (Not Running at finish)
Montiero
Karthekeyan
Old 8 May 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1295730)   #78
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice performance by Toyota, too. third and fourth!
Old 8 May 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1295731)   #79
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Outrageous defence by Webber there - swinging the car over at that speed - could have been a disaster!
I saw that too but thought it was a trick of the camera angle.
Old 8 May 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1295732)   #80
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then the question will be asked by Flavio, why didn't they show that speed when it was necessary, eg. when Fernando was chasing Kimi?
Old 8 May 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1295733)   #81
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Sorry that was directed to Peter's comment at the top of the page.
Old 8 May 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1295735)   #82
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82
nice performance by Toyota, too. third and fourth!
Not half consistent this year. Ferrari and Bridgestone especially need a long hard look at themselves before Monaco!
Old 8 May 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1295736)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
When Fisi came in for his second stop he changed his nose. Wonder if they were running to much front end downforce?
Old 8 May 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1295737)   #84
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
it's Flavio who calls it, I think. if he wants Fernando to push the car the entire race, he should tell him too...
Old 8 May 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1295738)   #85
SeaneyC
Racer

SeaneyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the most exciting of races, but entertaining nonetheless - Hope kimi likes his giant silver wheel!
Old 8 May 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1295739)   #86
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Oh man, it's late - I meant GTRMagic's comment.

Good one, Network Ten (in Australia). The race is over, and you're just starting. Plus we now have to wait 30 minutes for Bill Woods and Neil Crompton to preview the race.

From formula1.com:

Code:
1.  K. Raikkonen      66 laps
2.  F. Alonso         27.6 seconds
3.  J. Trulli         45.9
4.  R. Schumacher     46.7
5.  G. Fisichella     57.9
6.  M. Webber         1:08.5
7.  J. Montoya        1 lap
8.  D. COulthard      1 lap
9.  R. Barrichello    1 lap
10. N. Heidfeld       1 lap
11. F. Massa          3 laps
12. T. Monteiro       3 laps
13. N. Karthikeyan    3 laps
--. J. Villeneuve    15 laps
--. M. Schumacher    20 laps
--. C. Albers        47 laps
--. P. Friesacher    55 laps
--. V. Liuzzi        57 laps
Old 8 May 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1295742)   #87
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
When Fisi came in for his second stop he changed his nose. Wonder if they were running to much front end downforce?
I think there was some kind of other problem there. they were checking the wing after the stop. anyway, when they have too much (or too little) downforce, they just do a quick adjustment. they changed the nose this time, and had some difficulties doing it.
Old 8 May 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1295743)   #88
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, nothing now remains but to vote for the driver of the race. IMHO their may well be two.

Kimi and it really needs some will for me to say this.................................... DC. We didn't see much of the latter but he scored a point again, whilst we saw loads of Kimi and he was Mr perfection.
Old 8 May 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1295745)   #89
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thinking about it, Monaco hasn't half come around quickly. Doesn't seem five minutes since Mony was pushing Schu into the tunnel armco.
Old 8 May 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1295747)   #90
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82
I think there was some kind of other problem there. they were checking the wing after the stop. anyway, when they have too much (or too little) downforce, they just do a quick adjustment. they changed the nose this time, and had some difficulties doing it.
Yes I saw that, but I was really just speculating.
Old 8 May 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1295757)   #91
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stunning from the-Kimster..... super opening pace......
and JPM could have been on the podium if not for the rig problems....
and looking at Fisi's pace....it certainly seems as though it could be a season long battle between Renault and Mac with Ferrari in the mix in the cooler places where BS run well...
Old 8 May 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1295784)   #92
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
and JPM could have been on the podium if not for the rig problems....
Not to mention a spin?
Old 8 May 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1295786)   #93
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The spin cost about 4 seconds, the rig problem about 30...
Old 8 May 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1295821)   #94
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Got to be honest I didn't notice any rig problem I get the same feed, must have been asleep at that time. Or was it one of those times when they cut away to a sloooooooooooooooow mo of Alonso going round a corner.................... again?
Old 8 May 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1295824)   #95
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He had to do another stop, as his first stop provided no fuel at all.
Old 9 May 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1296114)   #96
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Villeneuve is claiming that his engine began losing water early in the race and eventually caused his engine to fail. He also said that by the time he had burnt off the fuel, he was caught behind traffic and couldn't maximise the strategy.

Massa thinks he drove a good race, but everybody who finished above him was quicker. He felt the left tyre deflate as he came through the last corner. It turns out that the wheel rim had cracked, which let the air leak out.

From planetf1.com.
Old 9 May 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1296124)   #97
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Many tyre problems at Barcelona, does the panel have any thoughts?
Old 9 May 2005, 05:44 (Ref:1296259)   #98
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Many tyre problems at Barcelona, does the panel have any thoughts?

It's up to the teams to make their tyres last.

The winner did.
Old 9 May 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1296440)   #99
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
He had to do another stop, as his first stop provided no fuel at all.
Ah, ta for that.