Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Oct 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2968230)   #701
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe he might use Damian Faulkner .
Old 9 Oct 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2968231)   #702
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Wasn't the reason Pappas moved to GTC was lack of budget? Now he wants to move up to GTE with the most expensive car of all.

And like you said BMW will concentrate on DTM and GT3. I don't expect much development on the GT2.
Money situations can change fast . Man , I could win the lotto tomorrow !!!

I reckon there will be development work done on these cars , by RLL and BMW North America . I dont expect them to sit on their holes after this year .
Old 9 Oct 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2968329)   #703
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So another Bimmer to the grid... ohh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've said my piece about M3s. Many times over many years. Enough is enough.
Well, if it is true that BMW has stopped development on the M3 and if there are some privateer teams running them next year, it sounds like more reason to give them another restrictor break!

Yeah, I'm just ruffling your feathers, but don't be surprised if it works that way. Since we are talking about BMW, it is worth noting what kind of season Joey Hand had this year. He had a great run. I know there aren't a lot of Joey Hand fans on here, but it's not too often an American driver takes a class by storm.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 22:53 (Ref:2968334)   #704
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I know there aren't a lot of Joey Hand fans on here, but it's not too often an American driver takes a class by storm.
I heard he has been linked with a drive in the DTM next year. It's definitely silly season.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2968335)   #705
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I heard he has been linked with a drive in the DTM next year. It's definitely silly season.
That would be a big loss for the ALMS if true. It does make sense for BMW to put their best drivers in their main programs though so I guess that makes sense. Then again, it is BMW so he could be back in a new BMW sports car program in 3-4 years!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 00:19 (Ref:2968356)   #706
Ron S
Rookie

United States
Atlanta Georgia
Ron S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also understanf that Falkner has signed with the same GTC team he drove for last year. ( LeSaffre and Green Hornet Racing)
Old 10 Oct 2011, 02:58 (Ref:2968380)   #707
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too sure where to ask this but could a LMP car (say Lola B12/60) be made road legal? (ofcourse if sufficient money were tossed at the idea)
Old 10 Oct 2011, 03:06 (Ref:2968384)   #708
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
That would be a big loss for the ALMS if true. It does make sense for BMW to put their best drivers in their main programs though so I guess that makes sense. Then again, it is BMW so he could be back in a new BMW sports car program in 3-4 years!
Hand and Auberlen are RLL drivers not Official BMW drivers.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 05:46 (Ref:2968441)   #709
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Not too sure where to ask this but could a LMP car (say Lola B12/60) be made road legal? (ofcourse if sufficient money were tossed at the idea)
I think the odds of this happening are on par with trying to make a Formula One car street-legal
Old 10 Oct 2011, 06:23 (Ref:2968445)   #710
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota GT-One, Mercedes CLK-LM, Porsche 911 GT1, Nissan R390 Road car, these are just 4 examples of race cars that were on the streets. 'Homologation specials' you may say, but nothing put them apart except the 'road use' parts, clipped wings and power. So I'd say it's possible.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 06:30 (Ref:2968448)   #711
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Toyota GT-One, Mercedes CLK-LM, Porsche 911 GT1, Nissan R390 Road car, these are just 4 examples of race cars that were on the streets. 'Homologation specials' you may say, but nothing put them apart except the 'road use' parts, clipped wings and power. So I'd say it's possible.
There is some differences between the Gt-One and the Lola, which make it very hard to transform, one is just it's much more detailed aero.

The Porsche 962 is told to be a very difficult car to transform from a Le Mans racer to road car, and comparing a grp. c with a Lmp you will see that today's Lmp's would be more complicated than the 962.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2968764)   #712
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
you forgot mclaren f1 gtr longtail too.....

your example is right but this way to do of manufacters simply destroyed the competition because the costs had become too much high also for them... just watch the entry of fia gt 97 and the poorer 98.
By the way i know that 3 road gt-one have been built (had to be 10 or 20 for the homologation if i remeber well) but never put on sale "publicly"... it was a smart (or irregolar) way to enterpret a rule building cars that in the reality were just made of spare parts bodywork for the racing cars.

maserati mc12 too is part of this "family".
Old 10 Oct 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2968770)   #713
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wasn't the reason Pappas moved to GTC was lack of budget? Now he wants to move up to GTE with the most expensive car of all.

And like you said BMW will concentrate on DTM and GT3. I don't expect much development on the GT2.
Although I can't say for sure, I'm fairly certain his choice to run GTC rather than GTE/2 with the 2009 ex-farnbacher RSR car (now sold to Paul Miller Racing) was more to do with where he could compete and do well, and continue to learn, rather than be a backmarker. From my understanding budget has never been the issue. The GTC class seems to be doing its job in that sense - seat time and further experience before moving up to the big-leagues in GTE/2. Now if only some LMPC teams would do the same....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Hmmm... I thought Pappas fielding a Porsche was one of the reasons why he could count on the Bleekemolens?
very good point. Although Jeroen did run for Rebellion this year, and unlike Henzler, Long, Bergmeister and the rest, the brothers bleekemolens are not factory Porsche drivers, so perhaps can go where they please - or at least to whomever will pay the bills.

Either way I was hoping to hear that Pappas moved up to GTE for 2012 - after all, with 2 back to back GTC championships it's time to get with the next challenge. I think they'll be up to it.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 18:43 (Ref:2968814)   #714
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I don't see a reason why Bleekemolen would not drive something else than Porsche.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2968818)   #715
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't see a reason why Bleekemolen would not drive something else than Porsche.
Which in fact he has done this year, at least at Le Mans, 6th overall and first petrol car for Rebellion let's not forget.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2972486)   #716
AGD
Veteran

E-I has posted two articles today discussing the latest rumors in the world of WEC/ALMS/LMS. I don't think much here is groundbreaking, but there are some interesting statements that are new or are translated poorly. First, what is this about a Lola B09/86 in the Autocon section? The translation provides nothing. Also, what is this about Cytosport and LMP2? Is that just for Le Mans or what?

Also, the Pecom WEC LMP2 rumor is new I believe.

Part 1
Part 2
Old 17 Oct 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2972711)   #717
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
My French isn't great, but reading the original and the translation it looks like they're trying to say we shouldn't rule out that Cytosport won't run LMP2 in the 24.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2972867)   #718
The Badger
Veteran

Why and with what in P2 ? Their supposed to be going P1 ALMS with a HPD-03A ?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2972885)   #719
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Google translation of EI is more than adequate.

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%26prmd%3Divns
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:42 (Ref:2972892)   #720
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Why and with what in P2 ? Their supposed to be going P1 ALMS with a HPD-03A ?
The ARX-03a is just a rumored route that they may take. Nothing is set in stone. The LMP2 rumor is news to me though. Would Pickett even get amateur status if he got an LMP2? He ran as a "gold" driver in 2011.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 05:37 (Ref:2973093)   #721
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Why and with what in P2 ?
Maybe with an arx 03b. But the alms rumor said 03a, and i dont think they will use both cars next year.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 09:00 (Ref:2973168)   #722
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few months back ACO tell´s that they where in talks with 3 big manufactures and one small to enter in the near future in Le Mans.

By my calculations Toyota and Porsche are 2 of the 3 big´s. So who is the third Big manufacture and the small one??????

NISSAN/RENAULT???

HYUNDAI???

BTH, with the introduction of WEC and European and Asian manufacturer´s present on the Championship, aren´t missing a American LMP1 Brand????
Old 18 Oct 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2973176)   #723
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Nissan and Jaguar are the first names that come to mind.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2973205)   #724
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
BTH, with the introduction of WEC and European and Asian manufacturer´s present on the Championship, aren´t missing a American LMP1 Brand????
We certainly are . Their always complaining about the state of their own series ..... but nobody comes forward to support it . Thank God for the Europeans ..... and the Japanese lately !!!
Old 18 Oct 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2973224)   #725
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
A few months back ACO tell´s that they where in talks with 3 big manufactures and one small to enter in the near future in Le Mans.

By my calculations Toyota and Porsche are 2 of the 3 big´s. So who is the third Big manufacture and the small one??????

NISSAN/RENAULT???

HYUNDAI???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Nissan and Jaguar are the first names that come to mind.
More interesting is who are the "small" manufacture... (and how they define small)