Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jul 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3273228)   #76
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzo View Post
i guess he will stay at Münnich Motorsport which is likely to become the new Seat worksteam.
Doesn't sound like a Seat works team is likely.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 07:57 (Ref:3273237)   #77
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Works supported might still happen though, we haven't heard a no on that yet and Munnich isn't the kind of guy to keep running old cars without the chance to win.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3273244)   #78
helmat
Rookie

Austria
Vienna
helmat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
there was an article on motorsport-total a few month ago when Muennich joined the WTCC where they said that they decided to go with the old Leons because they want gain experience with Seat cars because they plan to become the Seat Semi-Worksteam
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3273257)   #79
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember what was written in the TouringCarTimes article - at least 2 SEATs may be preapared by the end of 2014 season. So I guess no chance of seeing a SEAT works team in 2014 but in 2015 - who knows..

I wonder whether that team with manufacturer support that can build at least 2 cars is RML with Renault support
Old 3 Jul 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3273284)   #80
hcch
Rookie

hcch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
Remember what was written in the TouringCarTimes article - at least 2 SEATs may be preapared by the end of 2014 season. So I guess no chance of seeing a SEAT works team in 2014 but in 2015 - who knows..

I wonder whether that team with manufacturer support that can build at least 2 cars is RML with Renault support
But i think the the interested one is "and also we are working with a different brand with which the team can prepare some customer programmes with the new regulations. "

Which brand? Which team? Any idea?
Old 3 Jul 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3273308)   #81
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcch View Post
But i think the the interested one is "and also we are working with a different brand with which the team can prepare some customer programmes with the new regulations. "

Which brand? Which team? Any idea?
Renault Subaru or Ford
Old 3 Jul 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3273354)   #82
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Most of the alterations I like the sound of. Bigger wheels, lower weight, more power, bit more aero and so on. Not sure about the rear wing that reaches the height of the roof though, that will be some rear wing. Might look a bit ridiculous, like the old BTC rear wings for the BTCC cars that ran 2001-2006(ish). Also, are they planning on pushing out 380bhp from the same 1.6 engine? That is going to be one stressed engine, in fact, I seem to recall reading somewhere that the current 1.6's were already at their power limit so perhaps it will mean a bigger turbo or something...?

Lower weight and more power is something I wish the BTCC would take a look at for the NGTC cars. The cars are weighing in at near 1300kg, that's pretty heavy for a racing "saloon". Not sure on the technical feasibility, but it would be good if they could lose some weight. And adding additional power shouldn't be much of a problem (in fact wasn't that something which was going to happen for 2013 - but has just been "forgotten" about?)
Old 3 Jul 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3273471)   #83
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Most of the alterations I like the sound of. Bigger wheels, lower weight, more power, bit more aero and so on. Not sure about the rear wing that reaches the height of the roof though, that will be some rear wing. Might look a bit ridiculous, like the old BTC rear wings for the BTCC cars that ran 2001-2006(ish). Also, are they planning on pushing out 380bhp from the same 1.6 engine? That is going to be one stressed engine, in fact, I seem to recall reading somewhere that the current 1.6's were already at their power limit so perhaps it will mean a bigger turbo or something...?

Lower weight and more power is something I wish the BTCC would take a look at for the NGTC cars. The cars are weighing in at near 1300kg, that's pretty heavy for a racing "saloon". Not sure on the technical feasibility, but it would be good if they could lose some weight. And adding additional power shouldn't be much of a problem (in fact wasn't that something which was going to happen for 2013 - but has just been "forgotten" about?)
BTCC increased their power this already It's about 350hp I think. and losing weight costs a lot of money as road cars get bigger and heavier.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3273607)   #84
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
BTCC increased their power this already It's about 350hp I think. and losing weight costs a lot of money as road cars get bigger and heavier.
Not 100% sure, I remember Rob Austin commenting at the start of the season that the power has been increased, but not by much. However the lap times are still more or less the same as last year, so... not sure. When they said they were going to increase the power levels, I kind of thought it was going to be more like 380-400bhp.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3273748)   #85
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Never saw rebadged or developed Renault in Lada lineup. They only had Dacia Lada Largus which doesn't suit racing because there's no TWR somewhere near.
Or part developed.

Largus is a Dacia
Granta is part developed by Renault as well as the Kalina
Old 4 Jul 2013, 14:07 (Ref:3273844)   #86
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt that. Original Kalina is way older car than Lada-Renault connection and new Kalina is more or less just a face lifted version of the old one.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3273869)   #87
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to ERC24 on facebook, Yvan Muller said Citroen, Honda and "another constructor as well" was on his list for next year. Also, he was interested maybe doing GT or rallycross
Old 4 Jul 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3273872)   #88
auroan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
I doubt that. Original Kalina is way older car than Lada-Renault connection and new Kalina is more or less just a face lifted version of the old one.
Renault/Nissan effectively own Lada

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17929039

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=la...lt+partnership

The Granta is based on the updated Kalina, which is based on the Dacia logan. I'm not guessing. They all use the M0 Renault platform.

Hence I don't think we'll see Renault or Nissan in the WTCC as Lada is already here.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3273901)   #89
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
According to ERC24 on facebook, Yvan Muller said Citroen, Honda and "another constructor as well" was on his list for next year. Also, he was interested maybe doing GT or rallycross
You'll find the actual source for that quote here: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/...ions-for-2014/
Old 4 Jul 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3273903)   #90
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post

The Granta is based on the updated Kalina, which is based on the Dacia logan. I'm not guessing. They all use the M0 Renault platform.

Hence I don't think we'll see Renault or Nissan in the WTCC as Lada is already here.
Renault, Nissan and Lada all part own each other, not fully own each other.

I do remember seeing Citroen's racing against Peugeots in the WRC once and they are the exact same company.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3273997)   #91
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

I do remember seeing Citroen's racing against Peugeots in the WRC once and they are the exact same company.
I think they decided that was a bad idea after a few years and ended the Peugeot team. And anyway, look at what good that did for PSA

Lada hasn't really been integrated into Renault or Nissan though and it's surprising just how distant these three companies are really. Renault and Lada also compete in different markets around the world , so I do think they could both compete.

I'm not as confident that Renault will be in as some people on here appear to be, but it certainly COULD happen.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3274004)   #92
auroan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Funny. The links I quoted seem to think otherwise ?
Old 5 Jul 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3274155)   #93
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well RML have recently had a big recruitment drive for touring cars ;-)
Old 5 Jul 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3274169)   #94
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post

The knowledge and technology could be shared, it's exactly what Renault and Nissan are doing with the Alpine and Nissan brands on LeMans.
Old 5 Jul 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3274192)   #95
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope someone has seen this pic, kinda old though

Old 5 Jul 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3274219)   #96
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Lowering the floor a little would help. Not as much as DTM and Super GT, whch ruin the shape, just a few centimeters.

(That's illegal, I guess.)
Old 5 Jul 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3274225)   #97
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Well RML have recently had a big recruitment drive for touring cars ;-)
I had noticed this, but wouldn't a lot of their current WTCC staff be able to do most of those jobs...

It got me wondering they could be looking at doing "another" series as well...
Old 7 Jul 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3275096)   #98
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
I hope someone has seen this pic, kinda old though

That's really ugly.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3275254)   #99
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excuse me for some off-topic but Kalina has nothing in common with Dacia because its production started (first generation, 2005) when there was no connection between Lada and Renault (late in 2010). On the contrary, there will be a Datsun based on Kalina - it's official. All in all, if some respectable source still saying that Su T50 PAK FA is based on F35 I'd better check the information properly rather that blindly trust it.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3275363)   #100
auroan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Excuse me for some off-topic but Kalina has nothing in common with Dacia because its production started (first generation, 2005) .
However the second generation Kalina off which the Granta shares some of its chassis components is based on the Renault M0 platform.
Closed Thread