Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 May 2016, 03:03 (Ref:3638657)   #6976
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I like these lights better than those ugly 4 circles lol. Guess I'm in the minority.
Old 5 May 2016, 08:01 (Ref:3638703)   #6977
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Oh god.

Old 5 May 2016, 09:04 (Ref:3638719)   #6978
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not a fan of neither the lights nor the LDF package. I much prefer the car in the HDF configuration.
However, the important thing is that it wins. Everything else is secondary.
Old 5 May 2016, 09:35 (Ref:3638726)   #6979
brownninja97
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
brownninja97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the lights I stated I didnt like them on the facebook page of the drivers and Neel Jani himself said they help a lot with seeing apexes versus the old lights.

If it helps ill have to reluctantly accept.

Luckily its ugliness is offset my Audi having a far more ghastly car imo.
Old 5 May 2016, 10:50 (Ref:3638748)   #6980
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They're ugly. But I'm sure they perform better!
Old 5 May 2016, 15:04 (Ref:3638815)   #6981
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quite surprised to see porsche being marginally faster than last year in sectors 1 & 3, with the big straights, but considerably slower on sector 2, where they should have the advantage now with the interim package. the sectors data is quite confusing and i suspect porsche can go well under 1:58 even in race pace.
Old 5 May 2016, 15:27 (Ref:3638830)   #6982
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I sort of like the look of the new lights.

Richard
Old 5 May 2016, 20:36 (Ref:3638949)   #6983
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dagys says Porsche had hybrid warning in FP1, effectively forcing them to change batteries in #2 for FP2. Also FIA telemetry issues in FP1.

So all is not great in paradise either.
Old 6 May 2016, 05:49 (Ref:3639044)   #6984
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Dagys says Porsche had hybrid warning in FP1, effectively forcing them to change batteries in #2 for FP2. Also FIA telemetry issues in FP1.

So all is not great in paradise either.
Furthermore, they were also having issues with the balance of the car(s). Not a good day.
Old 6 May 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3639080)   #6985
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I have just noticed that the LDF package does not include the identification lights up on the roof as the new RGB laser lights provide color identification for each car.
Old 6 May 2016, 08:34 (Ref:3639082)   #6986
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I have just noticed that the LDF package does not include the identification lights up on the roof as the new RGB laser lights provide color identification for each car.
RGB LEDs actually

No laser light... yet
Old 6 May 2016, 08:45 (Ref:3639086)   #6987
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
My apologies. Not feeling too bright today.
Old 6 May 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3639214)   #6988
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Congratulations Porsche! A good qualifying session. Now the real business starts tomorrow.
Old 7 May 2016, 14:06 (Ref:3639533)   #6989
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I had a funny feeling about Spa. The Gods are not with Porsche this year. It's going to be a long one.
Old 7 May 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3639593)   #6990
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Porsche facing hybrid-related issues on the #2, front drivetrain issues on the #1 (it seems) after just a couple of hours. Surprising
Old 7 May 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3639604)   #6991
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Porsche facing hybrid-related issues on the #2, front drivetrain issues on the #1 (it seems) after just a couple of hours. Surprising
Very....considering they have done 10 of thousands of km's testing without major issues.
Old 7 May 2016, 15:21 (Ref:3639613)   #6992
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Right now I would say Toyota are clear favorites for Le Mans.
Old 7 May 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3639646)   #6993
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Quote:
I would say Rebellion
Old 7 May 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3639840)   #6994
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm not too sure about that.
Old 7 May 2016, 19:29 (Ref:3639895)   #6995
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm curious why was the #1 so much faster than the #2, this weekend?
Old 7 May 2016, 19:57 (Ref:3639907)   #6996
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
I'm curious why was the #1 so much faster than the #2, this weekend?
#2 had balance issues all weekend.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Old 7 May 2016, 21:10 (Ref:3639925)   #6997
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not much time to fix things, but better to have these issues today than at LM. I think Porsche has the pace to win at LM, they just need to get the reliability back.

Richard
Old 7 May 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3639928)   #6998
Rookie

500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wild race today! Did not think the #2 could end up in second after its issues early on!

This is racing, and I think today we saw that all three LMP1 teams are pushing hard. Everyone had problems. Le Mans looks very open. Although I am a dyed-in-the-wool Porsche fan, it is great to see that the other guys are competitive.
Old 8 May 2016, 05:16 (Ref:3639986)   #6999
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
The front gearbox issue with the #1 was caused by the different speeds between the front wheels after the second picture. Really unlucky!

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Old 8 May 2016, 05:28 (Ref:3639988)   #7000
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noob question: what's a front gearbox?