Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 May 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2457903)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Tickets on Ebay

€62 enceintes generales up to nearly £65 with two days to go...... Why is there such ignorance about the ability to buy entrance tickets throughout the week/weekend at the circuit?
Old 8 May 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2458019)   #2
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they bought the camping ticket on Ebay too (people selling them think they can get more money for them seperately )and they can't be bothered to leave their car before they first go in? I dunno just a thought.
Old 15 May 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2462987)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How about this for profiteering then?

£100 for a €20 Rouge Car Park Ticket!!
Old 15 May 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2463020)   #4
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
€62 enceintes generales up to nearly £65 with two days to go...... Why is there such ignorance about the ability to buy entrance tickets throughout the week/weekend at the circuit?
Who's the ignorant one?

Its not ignorance. It's a lack of knowledge that is only gained from experience. Any event will do its best to sell tickets in advance rather than hoping people will just show up on the day, therefore they will not promote the fact that tickets will be available at the gate. I suspect many first-time visitors would want and expect to have tickets organised in advance and incorrectly assume that a premier event will sell out and that there are good deals to be had on eBay.

Veteran experienced race-goers posting threads calling other potential fans 'ignorant' rather than educating them with friendly advice is never going to improve the situation.

Sorry to sound so un-friendly, but things like that really frustrate me.
Old 15 May 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2463094)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppelemine View Post
Who's the ignorant one?

Its not ignorance. It's a lack of knowledge that is only gained from experience. ........
Veteran experienced race-goers posting threads calling other potential fans 'ignorant' rather than educating them with friendly advice is never going to improve the situation.
Sorry to sound so un-friendly, but things like that really frustrate me.
I think you are missing the point !
How can the experienced fan educate the novice fan who simply buys on ebay?? If the novice is too lazy / dumb / ignorant or whatever to spend 5 minutes with a search engine to find forums and ask, or even the LeMans site itself, then what do you suggest could be done?
Old 15 May 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2463118)   #6
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Ok, I have gotten of my high horse now (he's eating grass in the meadow). I admit I may have been a little harsh and contradicted myself slightly. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, education and understanding. I think it's was more the manner in which the original statement was made that angered me.
Old 16 May 2009, 00:49 (Ref:2463205)   #7
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ebay is cheap. Ask anyone from ebay PR.

Then double check the world.

No. It isn't.
Old 16 May 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2463305)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppelemine View Post
Ok, I have gotten of my high horse now (he's eating grass in the meadow). I admit I may have been a little harsh and contradicted myself slightly. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, education and understanding. I think it's was more the manner in which the original statement was made that angered me.

And I stand by the manner in which I made that statement. It IS ignorance, pure and simple. There is a rash of information out there for people to find out what they need to know, particulartly when travelling abroad for such an event. I myself have been trying to 'educate them with friendly advice' here and on my site for years and years and years..... I'm content with your definition of ignorance - and that is exactly what causes people to be fleeced on Ebay..... caveat emptor.....
Old 16 May 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2463342)   #9
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I think you are missing the point !
How can the experienced fan educate the novice fan who simply buys on ebay?? If the novice is too lazy / dumb / ignorant or whatever to spend 5 minutes with a search engine to find forums and ask, or even the LeMans site itself, then what do you suggest could be done?
This is true, im a 1st timer to Le Mans this year and there are plenty of forums out there with advice on tickets and how to get the best experience out of Le Mans, hell i found this forum aswell.
Old 16 May 2009, 10:06 (Ref:2463345)   #10
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And I stand by the manner in which I made that statement. It IS ignorance, pure and simple. There is a rash of information out there for people to find out what they need to know, particulartly when travelling abroad for such an event. I myself have been trying to 'educate them with friendly advice' here and on my site for years and years and years..... I'm content with your definition of ignorance - and that is exactly what causes people to be fleeced on Ebay..... caveat emptor.....
Consider for a second - ACO claimed attendance last year at well over 250,000. The vast majority of those paid face value for their tickets or paid a premium to an agency.
GA tickets are currently selling on Ebay at under £60 and camping tickets for Pincenardière and Darien are selling at under face value.
In the main market forces seem to be prevailing, with or without the friendly advice of Aysedasi
Old 16 May 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2463375)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm an ACO member, so I get a cheaper GA ticket anyway, but for the past two years, I've bought a GA ticket on Ebay at the last minute which, including postage, was even cheaper than my discounted member's ticket.......

Oh well, what the heck, why should I worry if people going to Le Mans can't be bothered to find out the facts and pay morte than they should.......
Old 17 May 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2463844)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Although I dispair of those people who pay over the odds, I can understand that some campsites or grandstands might sell out early and therefore creat additional demand from those who are very certain where they want to camp/sit, what surprises me is the fact that people who are using E Bay, so obviously understand the internet, have not searched the net for otherways to get tickets or at the very least the availability and prices of those tickets. I have used E Bay to sell an excess camping ticket last year after offering it on Club Arnarge and mentioning it here with no takers, I just about covered my costs and was therefore very happy, the purchaser of that ticket has joined our party this year.
Old 17 May 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2463859)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely perfect. I can fully understand people selling excess tickets on Ebay - what I (and most people I guess) hate is touting.... Camping and grandstands are also a little different as we do need to get those in advance (mostly, anyways), but the GAs should never go for more than face value as they can be bought at that at the circuit....
Old 17 May 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2463872)   #14
stirling moss
Rookie

Gibraltar
Hemel Hempstead
stirling moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally think that this is the whole point of having a forum like this, so that newbies like me can ask experienced forum members for their advice and not be met with silly comments such as "ignorance". If you can give advice please do, otherwise keep your comments to yourself
Old 17 May 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2464073)   #15
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling moss View Post
I personally think that this is the whole point of having a forum like this, so that newbies like me can ask experienced forum members for their advice and not be met with silly comments such as "ignorance". If you can give advice please do, otherwise keep your comments to yourself
Which is the point I was trying to make! It's just sounds better coming from someone in your position.

Here's my piece of free advice..... In the past I have been searched by police at the ferry port and they have asked to see my tickets to prove I really was going to Le Mans, not a trouble-maker travelling to football match. Having my tickets in advance was a big help that day and for that reason I will do the same next time I go (I hope that's sooner rather than later)
Old 18 May 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2464518)   #16
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello - my name is Pilgrimage, and I have sold tickets on eBay - it has been two years since my last sale...
On a serious note, I order my camping and Tribune tickets shortly after the race every year. I never know how many people/ cars will be coming and always guess (on the high side). This invariably means I may have a ticket or two spare from time to time.
Out of interest Ayse, why shouldn't I let free market forces dictate what I sell at?
eBay does also require you to put the face ticket price on the site, so as far as I am aware there is no cloak and dagger...
I do however sympathise with your position on the GA tickets, but having been stopped by customs two years ago in Dover having these in advance may have also been a help as mentioned above.
Old 18 May 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2464523)   #17
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ps: I have also bought on eBay to upgrade camping tickets in the past from BSJ to Bleu for approx face value and then sold my BSJ on too, so I do think there are some positive aspects to eBay etc...
Old 18 May 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2464551)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Ps: I have also bought on eBay to upgrade camping tickets in the past from BSJ to Bleu for approx face value and then sold my BSJ on too, so I do think there are some positive aspects to eBay etc...
There is a world of difference from the situation like you and I selling the odd tickets and the professional touts would sell large numbers on E Bay often to people who are unaware that those tickets could be obtained for much less from legitimate sources. I have and will use e Bay but if you look at some of those people selling tickets week after week on E Bay then you will know why genuine fans object to touts pretending to be fans selling the odd spare camping pass. Buyer beware may be true but I think it only right that agencies that do provide a service charge a little extra for that but touts are just cashing in and paying no tax on a very lucrative sideline.
Old 18 May 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2464630)   #19
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
By the way,a few of our party have had to decline,so we're selling a pack of three Dunlop grandstand tickets,together with GE tickets and one Houx annexe campingticket. If anyone is interested or knows someone who is...
Old 18 May 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2464670)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you're about 1 month late

Ciao Marco
Old 19 May 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2465089)   #21
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
By the way,a few of our party have had to decline,so we're selling a pack of three Dunlop grandstand tickets,together with GE tickets and one Houx annexe campingticket. If anyone is interested or knows someone who is...
Skip the Houx annexe campingticket. The fella is going after all...
Old 19 May 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2465196)   #22
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the subject of tickets, I will arrive in Le Mans (town) at about 10 at night. Can I still buy a GE ticket then to get into the camping area? If not, maybe I'll have to be one of the eBay idiots.
Old 19 May 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2465211)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
On the subject of tickets, I will arrive in Le Mans (town) at about 10 at night. Can I still buy a GE ticket then to get into the camping area? If not, maybe I'll have to be one of the eBay idiots.
Depends on which campsite you are in, and on which day, certainly the ticket booths at all area's will be open on Wednesday and thursday evening as there will be practice on, however if these are not then you can get them at the "Rotunda" well not sure exactly what it is called but it is at the main enterance, near the museum. We usually arrive during the day on wednesday and have never had any problem getting race tickets at any enterance.
Old 19 May 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2465236)   #24
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
you can get them at the "Rotunda" well not sure exactly what it is called but it is at the main enterance, near the museum.
Ah,you mean "les parc des expositions" allways one of the worst tonguebreakers the france came up with...
Old 19 May 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2465239)   #25
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
One more grandstand ticket gone. Leaving two...