Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Oct 2009, 00:36 (Ref:2562375)   #351
Gliding_Serpent
Rookie

Gliding_Serpent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I disagree, I think Jörg parked it and expected to catch Jan out and it back fired on him when Jan was planning the opposite move, and Bobs your uncle.
He then drove Jan all the way to the wall on a straight, not a corner, so any pretense of Jörg's innocence in the matter is hog wash!

L.P.
I think we agree on that one. Berg is thinking... "wow... I have quite a lead, he won't be able to catch me. How about I park on the corner... pick my nose... and CATCH JAN OUT."

For those new to racing... this is also called the "reverse dive-bomb". You do this move when you know you can't be caught and you want to fire up arguments in the local forums.

Last edited by Gliding_Serpent; 16 Oct 2009 at 00:41.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 00:39 (Ref:2562377)   #352
Gliding_Serpent
Rookie

Gliding_Serpent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Jan says Bergmeister admitted that he intentionally ran into Jan. That's kind of like what Salo said after he spun Enge. Salo was not adequately punished for that and if this is true, a two race probation for Bergermeister is also insufficient.

DK
The amazing part of this is that Jan did not have the honesty to admit that he intentionally bumped Berg on the last bend.

Jan didn't intentionally hit Berg... he just intentionally delayed putting his foot on the break on the last turn.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 01:19 (Ref:2562395)   #353
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, slowest corner on the race track, and you're going to F up your own momentum, in a car that was argueably slower on the straight, and loose the distance between you and the car chasing you down?
Hmm, sounds pretty silly; but then, Dorsey said it best, (well... second best, after Serpent) "too far back, unless he dive bombs..."

Last edited by Breitling24; 16 Oct 2009 at 01:35.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2562910)   #354
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Hmm, slowest corner on the race track, and you're going to F up your own momentum, in a car that was argueably slower on the straight, and loose the distance between you and the car chasing you down?
Hmm, sounds pretty silly; but then, Dorsey said it best, (well... second best, after Serpent) "too far back, unless he dive bombs..."
Yes, but if Jan divebombed on such a sharp corner, he probably would have lost the rear end on contact as it would have lifted the rear wheels even more off the pavement. I believe Jorg simply missed a shift and accelerated much slower than Jan anticipated; thus, resulting in the bump. After that Jorg was trying to block and just got a little too enthusiastic about it. Certainly only my opinion.

DK
Old 17 Oct 2009, 06:56 (Ref:2563096)   #355
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I guess we watched different races!

@cmk, Jörg put Jan in the dirt several times while Jan tried to go around the outside to pass.....
Since when was hanging someone out to dry on the outside line illegal? This is a 100% legal and clean move.

However, Jans pass on the grass was not a legal move, and the IMSA viewed it that way as well and penalised him for it. Then going into the final corner it appears that Magnussen was about two car lengths behind Bergmeister, there was no way he would be able to win the race without cheating. So he cheated again by divebombing the #45 in the final corner. At that point I'm guessing that Bergmeister decided that he wasnt going to get "Sebringed" again and put Magnussen into the wall. Was it illegal? Sure. Would a protest of the final corner divebomb give the #45 car the win? No way!

Some times you have to stand up to bullies and give them a taste of their own medicine just to show them that you are not to be messed with in the future
Old 17 Oct 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2563199)   #356
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I disagree, I think Jörg parked it and expected to catch Jan out and it back fired on him when Jan was planning the opposite move, and Bobs your uncle.
He then drove Jan all the way to the wall on a straight, not a corner, so any pretense of Jörg's innocence in the matter is hog wash!

L.P.

Jorg certainly isn't innocent, but the suggestion that anyone would park it on purpose is ludicrous.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2567158)   #357
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliding_Serpent View Post
I think we agree on that one. Berg is thinking... "wow... I have quite a lead, he won't be able to catch me. How about I park on the corner... pick my nose... and CATCH JAN OUT."

For those new to racing... this is also called the "reverse dive-bomb". You do this move when you know you can't be caught and you want to fire up arguments in the local forums.
Love It!!!