Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Aug 2023, 12:35 (Ref:4174684)   #1
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2024 Season - News and Rumours

The BBC are reporting that both Hamilton and Russel have just signed 2 year extensions to their contracts with Mercedes meaning that they are to remain with the team until the end of the 2025 season.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 08:17 (Ref:4174857)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Confirmed until the end of '25.

This gives both drivers and the team plenty of time to assess their respective positions should the car not take them back to the front more regularly next season!
Old 2 Sep 2023, 09:54 (Ref:4174860)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well they've signed contracts, but we've seen in the past they don't necessarily guarantee anything. However I am sure Merc will be back fighting for wins sooner rather than later
Old 2 Sep 2023, 11:12 (Ref:4174867)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I am sure Merc will be back fighting for wins sooner rather than later
Merc have had their turn..... I would much prefer to see McLaren, Williams, Aston or anyone other than Red Bull or Merc having a spell at the top.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 22:02 (Ref:4174937)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Why shouldn’t Merc be allowed to fight for wins? They’ve done a better job over time than the others. It’s not about having turns
Old 2 Sep 2023, 22:36 (Ref:4174940)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Why shouldn’t Merc be allowed to fight for wins? They’ve done a better job over time than the others. It’s not about having turns
Im not saying Merc shouldnt be allowed to fight for wins, I would just rather see another team win.

Just my opinion. Im not expecting (or caring whether) others share that opinion or not.
Old 12 Sep 2023, 03:21 (Ref:4176392)   #7
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I think this years silly season will be mainly about who will drive the second red bull and if and where Danny R will appear in 2024 (those two question may or may not be linked)
yes Checo officially has the seat today and Christian backs him, but Helmut is less locked in.

Meanwhile the are mutters in the locker room about what colour car the number 4 will appear on next year (probably no more than mischievous speculation)

and Mr Lawsons unexpected efforts have proven that kiwis can fly!
Old 12 Sep 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4176412)   #8
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
The story bubbling around is whether Norris wants out of McLaren. I thought it was far-fetched but the story doesn’t seem to want to go away.

Then there’s Sargent and whether the US financial gamble with him is paying off, and thus whether to persevere with him.

Also if he left Alfa, where would Zhou and budget end up.
Old 12 Sep 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4176414)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
The story bubbling around is whether Norris wants out of McLaren.
Bubbling around where?
Old 12 Sep 2023, 08:45 (Ref:4176418)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I think this years silly season will be mainly about who will drive the second red bull and if and where Danny R will appear in 2024 (those two question may or may not be linked)
yes Checo officially has the seat today and Christian backs him, but Helmut is less locked in.
I don't see any change there. Danny Ric hasn't proved anything yet on his 'comeback' and he's not been helped by his Zandvoort injury. Why would RBR change the current situation - easy 1-2 with a number 2 who will pretty much do what he's told - for a driver who's future potential is now largely unknown?
Old 12 Sep 2023, 15:34 (Ref:4176450)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
The story bubbling around is whether Norris wants out of McLaren. I thought it was far-fetched but the story doesn’t seem to want to go away.
as in he will be looking to exit Mclaren early or that he is already looking at options post his current contract expiring in 2025?

the latter seems normal as he is no doubt already in the window to start thinking about what is next and probably by mid 2024 he will have an idea of where Mclaren could be for 2025 and/or his confidence level in where they will be for the new rule set in 2026.
Old 12 Sep 2023, 16:22 (Ref:4176455)   #12
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
as in he will be looking to exit Mclaren early or that he is already looking at options post his current contract expiring in 2025?

the latter seems normal as he is no doubt already in the window to start thinking about what is next and probably by mid 2024 he will have an idea of where Mclaren could be for 2025 and/or his confidence level in where they will be for the new rule set in 2026.
More maybe possibly leaving early.

Massive money was spent on a lot of testing before he entered F1, part of the reason he's so closely enmeshed there, but perhaps we can still see him looking for a better drive while he is reasonably well-rated. If Piastri beat him next year, it might be terminal bad news for him. I know who manages him on a day-to-day basis, but I seem to recall that Zak owns a share of him, although that might be incorrect.
Old 14 Sep 2023, 08:48 (Ref:4176595)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
McLaren seem to be generally moving their way towards the front of the grid.

Red Bull are of course head and shoulders the best team. But the 2nd seat there is a tough gig alongside their undisputed #1 driver, whom the team will back.

I would not trust Horner or Marko, personally.

Norris' stock is high, and quite rightly so. But Piastri is beginning to get the hang of this F1 thing, and when he does maybe that will take the shine of Norris sky high reputation.

Stick or twist? It's a dilemma.
Old 14 Sep 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4176615)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Alfa Romeo confirm Bottas and Zhou for 2024. Pouchaire remains as the reserve driver.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66808764
Old 14 Sep 2023, 13:33 (Ref:4176617)   #15
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
boring decision.
Old 14 Sep 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4176618)   #16
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
boring decision.
As opposed to adding who??
Old 14 Sep 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4176624)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i like it. for sure the smart move to maintain continuity during their transition. on a personal note, i find both drivers to have very fun and open personalities so glad they are returning.
Old 15 Sep 2023, 23:48 (Ref:4176789)   #18
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and what of the noise surrounding a SEB come back?

Likely or Unlikely

And if so seats are becoming limited.
Old 16 Sep 2023, 07:28 (Ref:4176816)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
and what of the noise surrounding a SEB come back?

Likely or Unlikely

And if so seats are becoming limited.
It's highly unlikely imo.
Old 16 Sep 2023, 08:48 (Ref:4176819)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

I can only see him coming back with Aston. It’s possible, but depends on a few things
Old 16 Sep 2023, 13:20 (Ref:4176843)   #21
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I can only see him coming back with Aston. It’s possible, but depends on a few things
After that Quali session. Hello Seb !
Old 16 Sep 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4176928)   #22
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Could Toro Rossi be looking at another name change for 2024 - Team ANZAC?
Old 16 Sep 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4176929)   #23
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
After that Quali session. Hello Seb !
Why? Alonso is on a high, and daddy owns the other seat
Old 17 Sep 2023, 01:14 (Ref:4176955)   #24
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Why? Alonso is on a high, and daddy owns the other seat
Yeah I know, Daddy owns the team but surely !
Old 17 Sep 2023, 01:20 (Ref:4176960)   #25
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Could Toro Rossi be looking at another name change for 2024 - Team ANZAC?
Fingers Crossed