Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Sep 2023, 12:35 (Ref:4177025)   #1
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WEC Spa 2024 trip?

Thinking about camping there for race - weather can be unpredictable. Has anybody been recently and is camping OK? Assume a Thursday morning trip out and back Sunday morning works?

Do you really need a GS and if so is it also easy to walk around lots of the track?

Tickets on sale next week
Old 17 Sep 2023, 20:10 (Ref:4177121)   #2
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Thinking about camping there for race - weather can be unpredictable. Has anybody been recently and is camping OK? Assume a Thursday morning trip out and back Sunday morning works?

Do you really need a GS and if so is it also easy to walk around lots of the track?

Tickets on sale next week
I camped this year and it was fine, as it has been for my 5 or 6 previous visits, except for 2019 when we woke up on race morning to 3 or 4 inches of snow, that’s Spa for you.
Entry tickets have always included roaming use of grandstands, have always bought on the gate, not in advance.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 10:59 (Ref:4177396)   #3
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks

Is the camping near supermarkets etc like Le Mans or based on where the circuit looks like it is on aerial shots you take everything you need with you or stock up on route. And how much are and varieties of beer (and food ) at track?
Old 19 Sep 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4177449)   #4
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Thanks

Is the camping near supermarkets etc like Le Mans or based on where the circuit looks like it is on aerial shots you take everything you need with you or stock up on route. And how much are and varieties of beer (and food ) at track?
There’s a bakers and a butchers in Francorchamps, and the petrol station at La Source has a few bits, but for anything more you’ll need to drive, I normally go the the Carrefour in Malmedy before setting up. The petrol station is good for coffee and pastries at breakfast.
Food and drink in the track is expensive, beer is Jupiler and maybe Leffe, not a problem taking your own in though, in the past they’ve not allowed glass to be taken into the 24 but I’ve never been searched at the WEC, probably safest to stick to cans but that does massively reduce your options, Belgians not believing in canned beer unless it’s cooking lager.
Take waterproofs, warm clothes and good walking boots.
Old 20 Sep 2023, 11:01 (Ref:4177550)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
A good bicycle could help. You'll find a very narrow asphalt path leading from Eau Rouge to Bruxelles curve through the forest along Kemmel straight. From there, you can cycle to other spots, mainly outside of the track. I remember a camping outside Bruxelles corner offering a convenient bird's eye view. Anyone confirm if still exists?
Old 20 Sep 2023, 11:05 (Ref:4177551)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.jetcamp.com/fr/belgique/...francorchamps/
Old 20 Sep 2023, 14:15 (Ref:4177572)   #7
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
A good bicycle could help. You'll find a very narrow asphalt path leading from Eau Rouge to Bruxelles curve through the forest along Kemmel straight. From there, you can cycle to other spots, mainly outside of the track. I remember a camping outside Bruxelles corner offering a convenient bird's eye view. Anyone confirm if still exists?
Yes, it's the marshals campsite (which goes all along the outside from Les Combes to Bruxelles corner).

If bringing a bicycle, make sure it has plenty of gears!

Edit: here's a map to help with figuring out where to go on a bike (page 4 of 5) https://www.spa-francorchamps.be/sit...an_acces-2.pdf

The light grey line is the narrow path Gerard is referring to. Keep in mind it's used primarily by pedestrians and there are steep (down)hills, causing significant speed differences between those on feet and 2 wheels - you'll need brakes in excellent condition! (if not, you'll have an accident in no time!)

Last edited by Coach Ep; 20 Sep 2023 at 14:20.
Old 26 Sep 2023, 18:39 (Ref:4178435)   #8
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Do like bikes and still have 4 or 5 but last time on a bike (or off really) I was airlifted of a mountain in Italy with a dislocated shoulder and a fractures arm and not keen on bikes inside crowded motorsport venues as bikes and crowds don't mix well (should be better secure bike parks at main spectator areas)
Old 26 Sep 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4178436)   #9
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Questions mainly on whether take impactical 2 seater car and enjoy drive down or dull family car with more stuff and option for bad/cold weather
Old 26 Sep 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4178438)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Impractical 2 seater. Clearly.
Old 11 Oct 2023, 19:31 (Ref:4181033)   #11
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
I camped this year and it was fine, as it has been for my 5 or 6 previous visits, except for 2019 when we woke up on race morning to 3 or 4 inches of snow, that’s Spa for you.
Entry tickets have always included roaming use of grandstands, have always bought on the gate, not in advance.
Does everybody pack up and leave campsites by 8pm on the Saturday after the race?
Old 12 Oct 2023, 15:54 (Ref:4181130)   #12
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Does everybody pack up and leave campsites by 8pm on the Saturday after the race?
I leave straight after the race, but I can’t imagine there’s any issue with staying the night
Old 12 Oct 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4181186)   #13
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
I leave straight after the race, but I can’t imagine there’s any issue with staying the night
thanks for info - looks a bargain at euros 60 or so with roving grandstands - though assume you need to rock up early and not move for race. Also found a smaller campsite in Francorchamps 500m or so from La Source that am enquiring about