Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Mar 2024, 07:35 (Ref:4201299)   #2801
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
1000 views in less than 24 hours, and Viv remains the only one to come up with the right answer!!!

One in a thousand Viv! Does that sound good.
Sounds good to me Baub. I always thought I was unique, but 1 in a 1000 is close
Old 15 Mar 2024, 11:02 (Ref:4201308)   #2802
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, you are even now.
Can we be any less subtle?!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 15 Mar 2024, 11:24 (Ref:4201312)   #2803
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Can we be any less subtle?!
Will, a waste of time, I must bring this farce to an end, you (eventually) worked it out. Well spotted the O-O-O, but it is a terrible thing to let grown men weep too long.

The answer to 2778 is simple, the Odd-One-Out is the silver car with number 99 on the side, because it is the only one with an odd number, all the other cars carry an even number.

I bet even the famed Cate Blanchett could have spotted that one, although I suppose it would have read 66 down under, of course.

Now all we have to work out is;

Why is P L Martini the Odd-One-Out?

So don't horse around, no prancing please, it makes me see red.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 12:51 (Ref:4201318)   #2804
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Will, a waste of time, I must bring this farce to an end, you (eventually) worked it out. Well spotted the O-O-O, but it is a terrible thing to let grown men weep too long.

The answer to 2778 is simple, the Odd-One-Out is the silver car with number 99 on the side, because it is the only one with an odd number, all the other cars carry an even number.

I bet even the famed Cate Blanchett could have spotted that one, although I suppose it would have read 66 down under, of course.

Now all we have to work out is;

Why is P L Martini the Odd-One-Out?

So don't horse around, no prancing please, it makes me see red.
Another simple answer to 2778 is that all of the drivers have a White helmet except 1 who has a red one . Just be careful about how you mention RED HELMET
Old 15 Mar 2024, 15:16 (Ref:4201341)   #2805
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Another simple answer to 2778 is that all of the drivers have a White helmet except 1 who has a red one . Just be careful about how you mention RED HELMET
Tel, if you are an expert at spotting simple answers, how come you did not enter the numbers puzzle, after all it was very simple?

Oh! I expect you would have made a cock-up of it

The fact that you are posting here is at least a good sign. Well done.
Attached Thumbnails
Bob 2 (2).JPG  
Old 15 Mar 2024, 16:16 (Ref:4201350)   #2806
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tel, if you are an expert at spotting simple answers, how come you did not enter the numbers puzzle, after all it was very simple?

Oh! I expect you would have made a cock-up of it

The fact that you are posting here is at least a good sign. Well done.
If the numbers one was 2751 , I though only one was a prime number , but I do go off on odd ideas sometimes .
Just like I did not want to mention RED HELMET , because I though someone would come up with a rude joke . But I suppose " Cock Up " is not to bad .
Old 15 Mar 2024, 18:13 (Ref:4201358)   #2807
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Since when carrying the # 99 is odd, I wonder… As to Cate Blanchett, I find a relation with the picture above, my answer is The Hobbit! Dont have to look for my coat, I'm not there…
Old 16 Mar 2024, 10:58 (Ref:4201412)   #2808
bauble
Veteran

England
I am the sum of all of the rest, but who am I?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0603.JPG   IMG_4703.JPG   IMG_0943.JPG  

IMG_5651.JPG   IMG_5696.JPG   IMG_5659.JPG  

Old 16 Mar 2024, 19:04 (Ref:4201466)   #2809
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Indy 500. As to the ol' mutt pictured above no idea.
Old 17 Mar 2024, 12:04 (Ref:4201652)   #2810
bauble
Veteran

England
I am overwhelmed with pride! Three (reasonably) correct answers all ready. I see that as a triumph (TR2)

Well done RBS, 356, and Paul D.
Old 17 Mar 2024, 12:39 (Ref:4201654)   #2811
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yay! I got one right at last!

Keep quiet about it though - I fear I may be ejected from the Stupido Club...
Old 17 Mar 2024, 12:43 (Ref:4201655)   #2812
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I am overwhelmed with pride! Three (reasonably) correct answers all ready. I see that as a triumph (TR2)

Well done RBS, 356, and Paul D.
Hang on I thought I got it last night. Or have I missed something.
Old 17 Mar 2024, 14:56 (Ref:4201662)   #2813
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hang on I thought I got it last night. Or have I missed something.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 01:37 (Ref:4201705)   #2814
bauble
Veteran

England
Flushed with success, I venture to offer another teaser; All that is needed is the name of the personality concealed in the pictures. OK?
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0170 (1).JPG   1233.JPG   IMG_0508.JPG  

IMG_4782.jpg   IMG_1601.JPG   IMG_6660.JPG  

Old 18 Mar 2024, 04:17 (Ref:4201709)   #2815
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These ones always hurt my brain. I know the cars names, butI never know what letters of the various cars or model types to use.

Fortunately I have a busy afternoon and evening so cant sit and fry my brain to a burnt mess. Until later.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 09:18 (Ref:4201728)   #2816
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I never know what letters of the various cars or model types to use.
First and last should be familiar regarding your initials… But is the Jag' is said SLW your search might be complicated.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 16:28 (Ref:4201796)   #2817
bauble
Veteran

England
Our esteemed colleague, SSmith was first past the post, with a rapid and correct answer. He has been promoted in the Puzzle Club.
Old 19 Mar 2024, 15:22 (Ref:4201884)   #2818
bauble
Veteran

England
Well, if you do not like hard puzzles, look no further;

Another O-O-O competition;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0147 (2).JPG   _MG_0168.JPG   IMG_0805.JPG  

IMG_4779.JPG   IMG_5720.JPG   IMG_1880.JPG  

Old 20 Mar 2024, 08:53 (Ref:4201941)   #2819
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last one is moved by a four cylinder. Always good to watch an evocation of the Auto Onion.
Old 20 Mar 2024, 09:20 (Ref:4201947)   #2820
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Fascinating knowledge there Gerard
Old 20 Mar 2024, 09:23 (Ref:4201949)   #2821
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 21 Mar 2024, 11:38 (Ref:4202097)   #2822
bauble
Veteran

England
The answer to 2080;

Standard 10
Jaguar XK 120
Healey 100
Aston DB3
Lotus 17
Total 250 =Maserati 250F.

Well done those with the correct answer.
Old 21 Mar 2024, 11:52 (Ref:4202098)   #2823
bauble
Veteran

England
Puzzle 2814;

We have;
Jaguar E-type
Connaught L2
Connaught A type
U2
ERA B type
MGB

Giving; E, L, A,U, B, B.

Ending up as well known US Rapper LA BLUE.

Not many got that one.

Old 21 Mar 2024, 11:58 (Ref:4202101)   #2824
bauble
Veteran

England
Oh! 2781, almost forgot;

O-O-O. was Martini, as the only not to have driven for Ferrari.
Old 21 Mar 2024, 15:33 (Ref:4202129)   #2825
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Puzzle 2814;

We have;
Jaguar E-type
Connaught L2
Connaught A type
U2
ERA B type
MGB

Giving; E, L, A,U, B, B.

Ending up as well known US Rapper LA BLUE.

Not many got that one.
That was a hideous question.
I did say early in the piece I was confused as to whether I should be using letters from the brand names or the model names.
I would never have got the answer even if I had all the right letters.
Im not going to ask you how you know of a US rapper called LA BLUE.
Act your age please.

I wont mention that there is only one B in La Blue whereas ERA B Type and MG B add up to 2 x Bs.