Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Sep 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3132458)   #1776
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
Cheers VP,

I welcome the criticism, but also agree; CCC and Looking should show examples of biased reporting. Otherwise their comments are just cowardly slander.

So guys/girls step up - or apologise.
Hey I have a right to my opinion just like you do Shaun! And I'm not the only one that shares this opinion on your opinionated reporting! If you are going to get upset by people expressing their views on this forum maybe you should stay away!
Old 7 Sep 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3132459)   #1777
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
Hey I have a right to my opinion just like you do Shaun! And I'm not the only one that shares this opinion on your opinionated reporting! If you are going to get upset by people expressing their views on this forum maybe you should stay away!
I'm not even remotely upset CCC, did you notice where I wrote that "I welcome the criticism"?

All I said was, show me where I was biased or got the facts wrong...is that unfair to ask? I'd expect anyone on this forum to want to know what it is they're being accused of getting incorrect.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3132465)   #1778
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
..and I'm not intending to nitpick, but PLEASE don't confuse opinion pieces with reporting. Two very different things.

Last edited by Sommersby; 7 Sep 2012 at 12:04. Reason: spelling
Old 7 Sep 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3132475)   #1779
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes you have the right to your opinion, but slandering someone without backing up with facts is unacceptable. Put up or shut up, it's people like you that give Forums a bad name and I have no tolerance for your bigotry and ignorance.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3132610)   #1780
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=MRXtreme;3132266]nistfan, just because you want a answer, doesn't mean you deserve one. [/QOUTE]
And that sums up the NZV8 regime...

I don't actually think they've realised that they need us (the fans) more than we need them....

No fans, no sponsors, no cars...
Old 7 Sep 2012, 20:59 (Ref:3132651)   #1781
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=Chappelli;3132610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRXtreme View Post
nistfan, just because you want a answer, doesn't mean you deserve one. [/QOUTE]

I don't actually think they've realised that they need us (the fans) more than we need them....

honestly, what do expect? the st fanboy doesn't care about the answer.. he was just looking to stir **** the question can (and no doubt will) be answered by the team, NZV8 or MRX on their own sites and on their own terms.. rather than on a biased forum. just look at the lovefest/crap going on in here over the ss article.. as if anyone would want to make any offical announcements in here
Old 7 Sep 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3132684)   #1782
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have to honestly say that I was a little taken back be MRXtreme's post and his attack of nistfan, the nature and the tone of the attack was uncalled for. He has to understand and except that when he comes on this thread, he might be asked some questions.
He can't just take one poster to task and decide if that person is worthy of his reply, who the hell does this guy think he is.

He also stated that NZV8 doesn't get much support or following from members on this site, well why would they, if he is going to talk to people the way he does. He is not winning any fans here, in fact he's driving them away.

As far as NZV8 is concerned, it would be far better if he stayed off the thread and got on building that new order chassis he was talking about, as he is destroying what ever interest or following NZV8 still has around here.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3132689)   #1783
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You know its quite possible that he isn't allowed to comment on those things asked.
Also he was pretty polite compared to what a lot here say about them.

And I note a lot of people are taking MSNZ, NZV8s and MRX as the exact same thing.
Whilst there are some very strong ties in some areas. In other areas they are seperate.
Just thought I'd make that comment as some on here read something from X and they tear Y a new one based on Xs statement
Old 7 Sep 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3132691)   #1784
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
[QUOTE=Chappelli;3132610]
Quote:
nistfan, just because you want a answer, doesn't mean you deserve one. [/QOUTE]

Yes I understand what you are saying Mr Rev and I agree we do gets some good and we also get some not so good posts on this site, from time to time.

One of the best posts I have read on this thread in recent days is the attached post, it's not a very long post, but it hits the nail on the head and it says plenty.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3132697)   #1785
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps everyone should take a look at the 1st post on the Great to be here thread and reflect on the thoughts expressed there, then take a real serious look at themselves and see if they still fit that criteria
Old 7 Sep 2012, 22:52 (Ref:3132704)   #1786
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Perhaps everyone should take a look at the 1st post on the Great to be here thread and reflect on the thoughts expressed there, then take a real serious look at themselves and see if they still fit that criteria
+1 SM, Unfortunately or fortunately new
members don't get to see the deleted
posts from '' mods '' from the past ?
Old 7 Sep 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3132716)   #1787
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
You know its quite possible that he isn't allowed to comment on those things asked.
So he thought it was better to say "you don't deserve an answer" than to ignore the question?

I thought the first rule of social was: "when in doubt STFU".
Old 7 Sep 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3132720)   #1788
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
No idea what he thought. I'm not him, nor do I know him. Just commenting on one aspect of his reply. Didn't mean to come across as 100% defending him.
However in saying that, given nistfan's previous comments and attitudes, the reply is not that surprising is it!

This is where my comments about MSNZ, NZV8S and MRX not being the same thing come in. MRX is not responsible or accountable to the same degree as the others. IMO.

In my view, if someone is bagging the builder of the car,which nistfan has done quite blatantly, rudely and falsely in the past, he deserves what he got really.
Do we all remember nistfan claiming he saw the first car on display at speedshow and went on about how shoddy the welding etc was and he thought it was a laughable POS. That's a pretty direct attack on MRX. Hey enough to be sued over in the USA! lol
In light of that, I think MRX's reply is not as harsh as it first appears. I think if someone else asked the question, the reply would have been different. MRX's reply was to nistfan, not to the whole forum really.

That's my take on it anyway. Quite welcome to hear from MRX etc if I am wrong
Old 7 Sep 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3132721)   #1789
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
oh and isn't it way past time we started a 2012/2013 thread?
Old 7 Sep 2012, 23:54 (Ref:3132729)   #1790
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
No idea what he thought. I'm not him, nor do I know him. Just commenting on one aspect of his reply. Didn't mean to come across as 100% defending him.
However in saying that, given nistfan's previous comments and attitudes, the reply is not that surprising is it!

This is where my comments about MSNZ, NZV8S and MRX not being the same thing come in. MRX is not responsible or accountable to the same degree as the others. IMO.

In my view, if someone is bagging the builder of the car,which nistfan has done quite blatantly, rudely and falsely in the past, he deserves what he got really.
Do we all remember nistfan claiming he saw the first car on display at speedshow and went on about how shoddy the welding etc was and he thought it was a laughable POS. That's a pretty direct attack on MRX. Hey enough to be sued over in the USA! lol
In light of that, I think MRX's reply is not as harsh as it first appears. I think if someone else asked the question, the reply would have been different. MRX's reply was to nistfan, not to the whole forum really.

That's my take on it anyway. Quite welcome to hear from MRX etc if I am wrong
agree!
Old 8 Sep 2012, 00:14 (Ref:3132737)   #1791
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
[QUOTE=Mr Revhead;3132720]

Actually it was me that asked the question, not nistfan.

But he replied to nistfan and all nistfan did was reply to my post, by saying that he didn't think I would get a reply and he was correct.

There was no reason for MRX to reply to nistfan, becaue he had not asked the question. In my view it was a premeditated opportunity for him to settle an old score.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3132739)   #1792
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i here this morning that MPL is now insolvent and BL has started legal action to recover wages he has been waiting on for many months.....maybe southern man can fill us in if he knows the current score.......it certainly looks like a bit of a smokescreen over last few months and the likes of BL/JL and others have been well 'stroked'
Old 8 Sep 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3132740)   #1793
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can understand why MRX posted what he did, because there is no point in giving people information that are just going to turn around and beat you with it, so as a result MRX feels a bit defensive. I'm sure MRX are doing all they can in a not so pleasant environment. They have a right to trade and do all the business they can.

However a better reply would have been "We don't comment on exact business details and arrangements we have with our customers", or something along that line. Of course that is up to them as how they choose to respond.

Having witnessed first hand the total destruction of American open wheel formula racing and seen what big egos and blowhards do to sports, I think what I would caution people is to avoid falling into the trap of it ending up as "Us versus Them". The biggest mistake CART and the irl did was constantly focus on one another and fight vehemently over drivers, sponsors, manufacturers and teams. The fans, who ultimately pay the bills, because without fans(spectators and tv viewers), there is no rationale for sponsors or manufacturers to spend money(even putting your own company on the car), those fans walked away from American open wheel racing and left it behind because they got tired of listening to it.

And that is what I see here happening. Instead of each party going it's own way, they have turned the guns on each other and it's now the Eastern Front 1941. This guy doesn't like that guy, that guy doesn't like this guy, this guy is going to sue that guy, this car company is with us, hahaha, not with you, but this driver is on our side, hahaha, this journalist did not conform to political correctness so he needs to go and so on. Even some of the vocal fans are looked at like potential partisans who need to be rounded up for the firing squad, just to be on the safe side.

I think for these organizations to survive they need to go their own way and focus on what they need to do and not worry about the other guy. I believe Supertourers has the upper hand and all they need to do is have their Challenge Cup open to the new MRX cars and then let the chips fall where they may and try to ignore the MNZ associated honey badgers as much as possible. As I have said before, MNZ needs to go back to it's non profit organizational ways and let private organizations run their own series and remove all these conflicts of interest.

Personally I think there is plenty of space for a condensed summer series and a NZV8 series to go with it, but that whole scene right now isn't exactly pumping out the good vibes and positive waves. I'm sure they would take that the wrong way as though it is some personal attack but it isn't. They need to define what the summer series is, what it plans to do and why it exists and what it is all about. And of course explain the big show they are going to put on, so people come through the gate. If there is no gate takings there is no need for them to visit as all of these tracks can't afford it to run on thin air.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 00:24 (Ref:3132741)   #1794
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
To date how many chassis have you made and how many confirmed orders do you have?

Also how may cars have been completed to date and are a ready to race?

Quote:
You all know how many cars have been ordered....Ford, Holden, Holden, Toyota. And in saying that we had a new order come in this morning, but i'll let that team make that public. Its a tough cilmate out there and we're doing what we can.

Nick
Old 8 Sep 2012, 00:47 (Ref:3132747)   #1795
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
As normal Maxi, you only tell half the story, if your going to go to the trouble of posting, then let it all hang out.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 00:55 (Ref:3132749)   #1796
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
[QUOTE=Jerico;3132737]
Quote:

Actually it was me that asked the question, not nistfan.

But he replied to nistfan and all nistfan did was reply to my post, by saying that he didn't think I would get a reply and he was correct.

Oops! Right you are!
Old 8 Sep 2012, 00:57 (Ref:3132750)   #1797
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
i here this morning that MPL is now insolvent and BL has started legal action to recover wages he has been waiting on for many months.....maybe southern man can fill us in if he knows the current score.......it certainly looks like a bit of a smokescreen over last few months and the likes of BL/JL and others have been well 'stroked'
Thanks for the heads up, must get the ear closer to the ground as I have not heard any whispers along this line yet
Old 8 Sep 2012, 01:03 (Ref:3132752)   #1798
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
As normal Maxi, you only tell half the story, if your going to go to the trouble of posting, then let it all hang out.
so are you hungover, can't count, or feeling rather sensitive.. this windy Saturday afternoon?
Old 8 Sep 2012, 01:12 (Ref:3132754)   #1799
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
so are you hungover, can't count, or feeling rather sensitive.. this windy Saturday afternoon?
No, No, No not at all Maxi, anyway what you doing up at this time, shouldn't you be in your cot having your afternoon nap.

Joe will be around soon! to play with you and Nick in your sandpit, with your imagainary NZV8's.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 01:14 (Ref:3132757)   #1800
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
hey maybe your question will be answered on the motorsport show on Sunday. Hamilton is just down the road.. the Tulloch VE is in a Wellington workshop. even though petrol prices are high.. surely the drive to either Wellington or Hamilton will be cheaper than the plane ticket to a DTM meeting