Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Dec 2004, 08:59 (Ref:1169579)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does this make sense?

From RaceNews, V8Supercar and all over the ship....

AVESCO
2 Dec 2004
Tony Cochrane to lead V8 Supercar Championship into next era

The Australian Vee Eight Supercar Company (AVESCO) board has voted unanimously to re-elect founding Chairman Tony Cochrane to the preside over the sport for another three years.

Mr Cochrane has been AVESCO Chairman since the formation of the series in 1997 and responsible for building the V8 Supercar Championship Series into Australia’s third largest sport. The appointment means he will bring up a decade of steering the championship.

The board unanimously acknowledged Mr Cochrane’s achievements during this time by ensuring he will guide the sport through the next critical phase, including global expansion, of its growth.

“There’s no question this sport could not have grown to the where it is without the vision, single-minded determination and leadership of Tony Cochrane,” AVESCO Chief Executive Officer Wayne Cattach said.

“Just seven years ago no-one could have possibly imagined that our sport would have the largest growth of any other in the country, be beamed to 700 million homes around the world and holding a race in Shanghai.

“Tony has played a major role in turn the development of our teams, circuits and the thousands of jobs that they have created across the country along the way. He is the best person to be in charge of taking us to the next stage of our development.”

Tony Cochrane was instrumental in the formation of AVESCO when the then Australian Touring Car Championship was at the crossroads amid concerns over the direction of the sport.

AVESCO is a collaboration of the Touring Car Entrants Group Australia (TEGA) and Mr Cochrane’s company Sports Entertainment Limited (SEL). TEGA owns 75 per cent of AVESCO with SEL owning 25 per cent.

Cochrane has said of himself: “I am driven by opportunity and challenge. I set clear goals and then go about achieving them. To me anything is achievable with hard work, good planning and insight.”

Now... a few factezoids...

Mr Cochrane is the Chairman of AVESCO.
Mr Cattach is the CEO of AVESCO.

If AVESCO has a typical operational structure, then Mr Cochrane, as Chairman, appoints the position of CEO... and has the CEO reporting to the board specifically with a permanent line, and a dotted line from the Chairman to the CEO.

In simple terms, the CEO works for the Chairman....

Which with these kinds of comments.. appears odd...

Kinda like wandering into my little hole in the wall at work, and me asking a couple of my staff to tell the world how good I am...

It means virtually nothing...

Now had Mr Stone, Mr Dane, Mr Skaife, Mr Jones etc etc come out with the same kinds of comments attributed to Mr Cattach, it would have made a lot more sense... and looked possibly less like an employee sucking up to his boss

Or am I the only one confused here? hrug:
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Dec 2004, 09:09 (Ref:1169585)   #2
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And you're genuinely surprised of that GTR ???
Old 2 Dec 2004, 09:12 (Ref:1169588)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, but it begs the question...

....if TC has to pay his friends to tell us they like him....

I guess we find out at lunchtime Friday if the Chinese delegation likes him too
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods