Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Mar 2006, 00:41 (Ref:1563869)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Melbourne weather

Nothing remarkable so far,but things can change.Here.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 01:03 (Ref:1563876)   #2
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sitting at work about 200m from Albert Park track, and blue skies - no clouds to be seen. Is getting a little colder in the mornings lately, but fines up during the day, was 30+ sat/sund on weekend just passed... (but i don't think this will be repeated this weekend)

don't trust any weather reports until about friday, because even 3 day forecasts are useless in melbourne... probably temp in the mid-late 20s...
Old 29 Mar 2006, 01:43 (Ref:1563882)   #3
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Echo that report, rocketracer. From my central CBD office, the weather looks absolutely beautiful out there. But you need to remember that the AFL starts this weekend, so it's bound to be cold and blustery by the time Sunday comes.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1564245)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It will be dry.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1564301)   #5
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Comment

Then of course we have the "alternative" forecast, HERE.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1564302)   #6
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I agree.

There will not be a hit on precipitation at any point in the weekend.

NONE.

NOT A DROP.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1564566)   #7
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Thursday has turned out to be very cool and very overcast. Not sure whether that will translate to rain, but the clear skies have disappeared for the moment.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 01:16 (Ref:1564698)   #8
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
UPDATE: looking out the window at pretty clear blue skies those early clouds that were predicted to rain have cleared bout 21 degrees... few more clouds than yesterday though. Have been at my desk with Robert Kubica in his BMWsauberF1 screaming through the office windows - racing with handicap against a bmw 120i and a v8 supercar... love that sound again!

Dutton - have you lived in melbourne? it looks like it will be a certainty to get some rain at some stage over the weekend, and then probably clear up 5 minutes later with blue skies.. its russian roulette trying to predict melbourne weather, but looks ominous...

http://www.theage.com.au/weather/melbourne.html
Old 30 Mar 2006, 03:03 (Ref:1564751)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Rocket, I was not saying what I was saying on any basis of knowledge. Nor was I saying the weather I wanted.

Don't worry, I understand the concept of changeable weather.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 03:46 (Ref:1564769)   #10
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who've yet to experience Melbourne, forecasting the weather there is kind of like predicting th exact moment Toyota will win a race ...
Old 30 Mar 2006, 03:51 (Ref:1564775)   #11
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
dutton, didnt mean to come across as rude, merely curious at your post tis all...

i've got a sneaking suspicion we might see a repeat of AusGP of last year with quali in heavy rain & dry race - though the new quali format won't be quite as imbalanced ( i think it was montoya for memory who came out to do his single lap last year when it started absolutely pouring and had no chance, with previous drivers on a relatively dry track...)... still might cause a shakeup of the grid though...
Old 30 Mar 2006, 04:58 (Ref:1564808)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I was trying reverse-psychology on Murphy, or the weather Gods, or Satan, or Jumagoo, or whoever controls weather.

It never works, but it is certain not to now I have revealed my master plan.

Who knows what the weather will be like, but I think it is fair to say it is more likely to be dry than wet.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 05:51 (Ref:1564853)   #13
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Wet races should be mandatory. Put F1 calendar in good old european winter. Snow races will truly show who is the master of car control. Let's out all those easy dry tracks.

Ideas for Mosley.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 07:43 (Ref:1564911)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Ferrari expect rain.http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=113645
Old 30 Mar 2006, 10:43 (Ref:1565048)   #15
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer
i think it was montoya for memory who came out to do his single lap last year when it started absolutely pouring and had no chance, with previous drivers on a relatively dry track...)
Massa got the most screwed as he was on slicks when it started pouring IIRC. Back on topic, my mother's saying might ring true, "If you don't like the weather in Melbourne, wait 15 minutes"!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1565567)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The usual webcam I look at is offline at the moment.
This is of the docks: http://www.portofmelbourne.com/shipp...s/smc_cam1.asp
Old 31 Mar 2006, 05:17 (Ref:1565747)   #17
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
as rain starts falling (at office about 100m from the track).... just few spots at the moment though... doesn't look like it will last too long...

http://www.bom.gov.au/gms/IDE00006.200603310430.shtml
Old 31 Mar 2006, 06:27 (Ref:1565795)   #18
watersurfer
Rookie

watersurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
summer days, time to enjoy!
Old 2 Apr 2006, 00:26 (Ref:1567345)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
So what's the weather like in Melbourne at the moment?
Old 2 Apr 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1567346)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why don't you tell us, you're the weather man round here.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1567350)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

According to formula1.com:

"The ambient temperature is still cool so far, with no sign that it will be much warmer than yesterday when a high of 16 degrees Celsius left most of the paddock feeling chilly. Just to add spice, there are the same chances of the odd shower, too."

So blisteringly sunny, with a dribble of water for about two seconds, then.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 00:32 (Ref:1567351)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure martyn will tell us and then the complete opposite will occur....
Old 2 Apr 2006, 02:29 (Ref:1567373)   #23
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This may help

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.shtml
Old 2 Apr 2006, 02:41 (Ref:1567381)   #24
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
When Bernie contracts a GP in Paris indoor these things will not matter.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 06:17 (Ref:1567441)   #25
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
It didn't rain!.......which is of course what i predicted.