Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Sep 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3141963)   #576
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dirt at all GRC tracks moving forward.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3144142)   #577
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see Foust has taken the win in Vegas. Deegan in second and Isachsen in third. Good to see Subaru claim a podium as they haven't really had much in the way of decent results this year.

Unless Deegan can win at SEMA (and Foust fails to finish) the 2012 title should go to Foust?
Old 30 Sep 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3144275)   #578
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gap jump's are......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zGaXGJ_UqM
Old 30 Sep 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3144299)   #579
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And still they persist with this potential deaf trap. What does it need for them to get rid of it, but then i suppose every crash and injury gives them the publicity they so crave. So pleased Scott managed to escape from this ridiculous American circus and without injury. I cant believe Binks would be stupid enough to do another year of this, money is not everything or is it?
Old 30 Sep 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3144304)   #580
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Video from the stands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_cem27Klw

You can hear the crowd cheer when the cars jump, it is indeed something else. But this shows again that there is a potential danger in the gap jump for which these cars aren't build. Neither are humans.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3144489)   #581
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
Oooof. The gap jump claims another victim. Quite surprised he didn't bypass it though, as there seemed to be run off space to the right? Unlucky for Burton though, thats the second time I can recall him making a mess of that Scoob.

Little summary video of the race and some words up on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/action/global_ral...motor-speedway

Looked like an unlucky first corner for Block.

Absolutely crap media coverage from the GRC though. Managed to pick up the results through the Best Buy app. thing and rallycross.com but (and apologies if I missed something) nothing on the official GRC website or the GRC Facebook page.

Come on GRC, media is suppose to be your strong point!
Old 1 Oct 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3144530)   #582
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumor mill:
Andretti Racing and Dreyer & Reinbold Racing were at Las Vegas this weekend. Negotiating an entry for next year?
Long Beach GP reportedly a round for the GRC next year.
Volkswagen will join Rallycross next year. As they are especially excited about the Munich X-Games, GRC would be a logical choice.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3144545)   #583
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJM View Post
Volkswagen will join Rallycross next year. As they are especially excited about the Munich X-Games, GRC would be a logical choice.
Read this on a few forums now: would like to know if there is any substance behind the rumours beyond the comments from VW during the summer!
Old 1 Oct 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3144581)   #584
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Join the dots....who took Ford into rallycross in the US and who is now head of motorsport at VW. Yep!

Yes, a couple more IndyCar teams have been looking at GRC and are in pretty advanced conversations. There are more manufacturers coming in next year as well.

Agree on totally pathetic coverage......that doesn't make fans, sponsors or teams happy. Tough to pay the bills with no news coverage.

Mark
Old 1 Oct 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3144627)   #585
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
Join the dots....who took Ford into rallycross in the US and who is now head of motorsport at VW. Yep!
Ah! Didn't know that: that certainly gives weight to the rumours then!

Quote:
Agree on totally pathetic coverage......that doesn't make fans, sponsors or teams happy. Tough to pay the bills with no news coverage.
After the summer break everyone in the GRC PR department seems to have forgotten to come back!

Was hoping we'd see the coverage improve throughout the year (full race videos online etc.), not get worse!
Old 1 Oct 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3144703)   #586
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mmmh, where does it say that Munich Global X Games will feature a GRC event? AFAIK Brasil, Spain and LA are set to feature GRC, but not Munich.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3144704)   #587
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Absolutely crap media coverage from the GRC.

Come on GRC, media is suppose to be your strong point!
Indeed!

Quote:
Andretti Racing and Dreyer & Reinbold Racing were at Las Vegas this weekend. Negotiating an entry for next year?
Chevrolet Sonic?

Quote:
Long Beach GP reportedly a round for the GRC next year.
Cool! How about a Formula Drift / Global Rallycross doubleheader?
Old 1 Oct 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3144712)   #588
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard the news about Volkswagen already earlier, but then for the new ERC... could be Marklund's car, possibly??
Old 1 Oct 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3144774)   #589
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdesign View Post
I heard the news about Volkswagen already earlier, but then for the new ERC... could be Marklund's car, possibly??

Do you mean this?

http://erc24.com/archives/7092
Old 1 Oct 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3144828)   #590
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, alltough i heard somewhere trackside that VW might join in in the IMG-ERC too...
Old 1 Oct 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3144877)   #591
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
That is VW backed Anton Marklund.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3145060)   #592
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I see ERC24 have got an article up on the Vegas round now...

http://erc24.com/archives/8208

...plus Ford have chucked up a little promo clip detailing the win...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZbZZQM2KVk

...but still nothing on the official site, nor any sign of the complete A final coverage on You Tube.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3145647)   #593
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Excuse the double post, but Subaru released a promo video to mark the podium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YZubCsz3P4

Still not a proper video of the final, but a bit more footage. Also spotted this as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t13jmGCqOM

Great view of the cars on the start: and the pile up in turn 1.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3145674)   #594
USRallycross
Racer

United States
You have to love Andreas being in the car. not sure why they bother doing track alignment as it never goes in a straightline with him!

Not Marcus adjusted to being a spotter for the weekend. His only input to Tanner was "you are doing good"........but he was very relaxed and happy in Vegas.

Mark
Old 4 Oct 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3146182)   #595
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not Marcus adjusted to being a spotter for the weekend. His only input to Tanner was "you are doing good"........but he was very relaxed and happy in Vegas.
I would be too if i was getting paid to go to Vegas and not have to risk injury doing stupid jumps. He must be the first driver ever to actually listen to a doctors advice and not race!
The layout of the track took alot of thought as well, come on GRC try and make the track a little more challenging.

It will be good if there is dirt at all rounds next year but there must be more than a few metres like we have seen at the odd round this year. I guess its too much to ask for the jump to be removed permanently next year? If not then expect another season marred by the sight of drivers finishing an event on a stretcher.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3146268)   #596
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I would only love Andreas if I was supplying him with bodywork, has always been a banger driver and always will be, he should set up a team with Hunsbedt and see how many cars they can write off!

Fair play to him for pushing the envelope in rallycross but I would prefer to see him putting more into European rallycross.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3146535)   #597
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Perhaps its a little unfair to pass judgement (as I've let to see the footage from the whole event), but am I the only one who thinks Heikkenen is a bit of a bulldozer on track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Fair play to him for pushing the envelope in rallycross but I would prefer to see him putting more into European rallycross.
Yeah. My interest is more in the cars than the person, but I hope that we see more of the OMSE Fords in Europe in 2013.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3146574)   #598
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah. My interest is more in the cars than the person, but I hope that we see more of the OMSE Fords in Europe in 2013.
Than better prepare for Barcelona X Games and/or STCC events, me thinks...
Old 5 Oct 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3146604)   #599
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great, goodbye then!
Old 5 Oct 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3146641)   #600
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Than better prepare for Barcelona X Games and/or STCC events, me thinks...
Damn! I guess this indicates that Foust still has no desire to be part of the "ERC" next year then?