Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jan 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2818190)   #1
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2011 Kerrick Sports Sedan Series

We went without a thread in 2010 on 10/10's, not going to happen in 2011.

5 Round Series this year kicking off in SA:
- Rd1 Mallala May 1st
- Rd2 Winton Jun 26th
- Rd3 Eastern Creek Jul 17th
- Rd4 Morgan Park Aug 14th
- Rd5 Phillip Island Nov 6th

The whispers are that the Aston Martin is going to be ready by Rd1, James I am assuming will be coming back to defend his title. Supposedly John is not entering the Audi this year which is a real shame. A number of the rounds are running in combination with the State Series which should lead to some healthy fields.

Has anyone heard any rumours, news??
Old 20 Jan 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2818245)   #2
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallala has moved back 2 weeks to May 14/15
Old 20 Jan 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2818511)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Hossack's Audi is in AA for sale @ $185k so presumably its all over for them
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Jan 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2818563)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tony Ricciardello will be back!

It would be awesome to see a Ferrari bodied car in the field... which one would you choose?
Old 20 Jan 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2818564)   #5
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Tony Ricciardello will be back!

It would be awesome to see a Ferrari bodied car in the field... which one would you choose?
250GTO SWB. I know it's a 50-year-old car, but geee...

But then I guess all the wings and stuff would ug it right down. So, whatever.

Kramer
Old 21 Jan 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2818686)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately three Qld State rounds clash with interstate National rounds, making it virtually impossible for Queenslanders to support both Championships.

However, the Morgan Park National round is also a Qld State round, so we're hoping for a big field that weekend!
Old 24 Jan 2011, 07:04 (Ref:2819737)   #7
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
We went without a thread in 2010 on 10/10's, not going to happen in 2011.

5 Round Series this year kicking off in SA:
- Rd1 Mallala May 1st
- Rd2 Winton Jun 26th
- Rd3 Eastern Creek Jul 17th
- Rd4 Morgan Park Aug 14th
- Rd5 Phillip Island Nov 6th

The whispers are that the Aston Martin is going to be ready by Rd1, James I am assuming will be coming back to defend his title. Supposedly John is not entering the Audi this year which is a real shame. A number of the rounds are running in combination with the State Series which should lead to some healthy fields.

Has anyone heard any rumours, news??
Hi jd,
having recently smashed the Pukekohe lap record [54.5] Scooter [Kayne Scott] and I are looking to bring my totally rebuilt Pratt and Miller Dodge Viper SCCA Transam car over for for one or two meetings this year.

First of all we want to have a crack at the outright lap record at Pukekohe, 53.8 which we think is doable then it's over to Australia for a bit more "tilting at windmills", Phillip Island is one of our objectives, but we maybe tempted to run Eastern Creek meantime.

Not sure how to post a photo of the beast, but if anyone is interested to see it, then please explain how I go about posting a photo of the car from my desktop.
Old 24 Jan 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2819757)   #8
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark, you can't post an image from your PC/Desktop.

You need to upload the image to an image hosting site (Flickr, ImageShack etc) & then link to the URL via the 'Insert Image' button above.

PM if you want more details, or if I can help otherwise?
Old 24 Jan 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2819916)   #9
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last I heard James Sera may not be back as Dean Randle was looking to concentrate on his sons karting career, which is how James got involved in the first place.
Chris Muscat told me that he was hoping to do the series but time and money were big factors against this.
Mike Roddy is doing a radical rebuild of his Jaguar with a whole new chassis by Ron Hossack, apparently the thing is going to look pretty wild. I'm told there may be two new Monaro bodied cars as well.
Certainly if any of the Victorian guys are out there have new cars or any news please let me know and we can give you some prime-time TV exposure on In Pit Lane.
That of course goes for al the local categories, no use complaining that you don't get any coverage but you don't get off your arse and do something about it.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 03:26 (Ref:2820193)   #10
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Mark, you can't post an image from your PC/Desktop.

You need to upload the image to an image hosting site (Flickr, ImageShack etc) & then link to the URL via the 'Insert Image' button above.

PM if you want more details, or if I can help otherwise?
Thank Nick,

hopefully the link below will work, however you have to advance the video to 9.23 to view the car's very first run at Pukekohe, if you dont want to wait until it gets to Kaynes segment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyaO4...eature=related

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 07:40 (Ref:2820233)   #11
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks awesome Mark, will definitely be looking forward to seeing it race here - keep us in touch :-)
Old 25 Jan 2011, 10:04 (Ref:2820267)   #12
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
Now Mark you had our hopes up last year when you said you were going to bring the Viper across, you can't disappoint everyone two years in a row. One day I will forgive you for not bringing across the Peanut Slab Merkur for one last run in Australia before you sent it back to the States... PS: If you have any good pics of the car could you please put them up??

There is still the occasional rumble about the Peter McLeod Rx7 being ready at some point this year. The Tony Wilson Monaro has recently changed hands

and a current VIC racer has a new Monaro close to completion.

The car most fans are eagerly awaiting is the completion of that Hyundai Excel.... Come on Profi, stop re engineering everything and drive it.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2820484)   #13
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Now Mark you had our hopes up last year when you said you were going to bring the Viper across, you can't disappoint everyone two years in a row. One day I will forgive you for not bringing across the Peanut Slab Merkur for one last run in Australia before you sent it back to the States... PS: If you have any good pics of the car could you please put them up??

Unfortunately Sandown was to close to our NZV8's Series 1st round, and logistically it was just to difficult.

Unless somebody, meantime, offer's me a lot of money for this car, it will run in Australia this year, and it will be fully sorted when it does so.

Kayne and I both love Phillip Island, which will suit this car, so the lap record for closed cars is motive enough to come over and have a go.

Anybody know what that lap record is?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2820575)   #14
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PI record

SPORTS SEDANS
A (OVER 4001-6000cc) DARREN HOSSACK AUDI A4 CHEV 21/11/2009 1.31.7038

http://www.phillipislandcircuit.com....arsNov2010.pdf

A good bit quicker than the long standing V8 record:
V8 SUPERCARS CRAIG LOWNDES COMMODORE VT 16/05/1999 1.33.4389
Old 25 Jan 2011, 23:50 (Ref:2820616)   #15
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have the Sports Sedan (as opposed to Tranzam) rule changed recently? Does the Aston Martin or the rumoured Ricciardello Ferrari meet the 4-seat rule?
Old 26 Jan 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2821035)   #16
XR8Chic
Rookie

Australia
Vic
XR8Chic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the 2010 review for the Shannons nationals (includes Sports Sedans) and the 2011 preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIm-0Ibv0Go
KS Motorsports - Saloon Car #70
"I wanna go fast"
Old 28 Jan 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2821569)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Audi May Return...

Old 11 Feb 2011, 07:12 (Ref:2829488)   #18
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
profi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The car most fans are eagerly awaiting is the completion of that Hyundai Excel.... Come on Profi, stop re engineering everything and drive it.
Picture from October last year, come along way since then, really hoping to be testing mid year, if all goes well be racing as soon as possible.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2829533)   #19
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks promising, but why an Excel of all things?!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2829536)   #20
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not?
Old 11 Feb 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2829686)   #21
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Wanted to build something different, everyone goes for the best sports car within their budget or a falcon or holden. Hyundai was perfect, as a sports sedan its nice and aerodynamic (well enough) good wheelbase and track, gotta have a bit of fun with your toys and have a laugh champ.

Last edited by profi; 11 Feb 2011 at 15:05.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2830042)   #22
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by profi View Post
Wanted to build something different, everyone goes for the best sports car within their budget or a falcon or holden. Hyundai was perfect, as a sports sedan its nice and aerodynamic (well enough) good wheelbase and track, gotta have a bit of fun with your toys and have a laugh champ.
Fair enough, good luck with it. The Sports Sedan category certainly needs you.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2830089)   #23
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by profi View Post
Picture from October last year, come along way since then, really hoping to be testing mid year, if all goes well be racing as soon as possible.
Good one profi... what sort of motor? 6L Chev?
Old 15 Feb 2011, 02:16 (Ref:2831352)   #24
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Engines

For starters we want to set up the chassis, in our eyes shoving 650-700hp and getting a brand new car to handle straight up will be a fairly decent task, we have gone about it a bit differently, the car is all there to have all the hp money can buy chucked into it (seq holinger ect) but we are going to run a N/A sr20 for the first 12 months to gain some data.

All the parts are there to build up the v8, going a different route though, high comp e85 ford 5 litre, take away all the restrictions the supercars have and it should be fairly decent, spin it to 8200 (class max). Benefits over the 6 litre, 75kg less in weight and gain 400rpm. Guess we will find out and see how it goes compared to the 6 litre guys.

Cheers
Old 12 May 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2879251)   #25
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
Well Rd1 is upon us, unfortunately the trend in recent years has continued with a small grid for the weekend at Mallala. The movement in dates for this round meant there was a clash with the VIC series.

10 cars with no Audi, Saab or Aston . It would have been great to see a 4 way battle of these cars but will have to wait later in the year.