Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1400562)   #26
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still think it's gonna get pretty snared up though...
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1400589)   #27
HitMan13
Rookie

Canada
Too Many Places, Around the World
HitMan13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
trying to get back to the original topic... Bagodonuts, i hope you are going to the race. with a screen name like that, you can be only one person! and it would be good to see you again.

it's Moose here.. if you are at the race, wander by the JMS box.

Cheers
Old 6 Sep 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1400661)   #28
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Only thing there to attract a crowd is some F1 demos,and of course they will not be by current F1 drivers who will be busy at Spa
O really? I am going there to watch Eurocup FRenault, UKFRenault, RWS, Eurocup Megane Trophy and the Clio Cup, not just the F1 demos. You know there is such a thing as motor racing outside F1 that people are interested in.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1400670)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed there is runshaw - but more people would probably go if it didn't clash with a Grand Prix.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 19:24 (Ref:1400683)   #30
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Indeed there is runshaw - but more people would probably go if it didn't clash with a Grand Prix.
Yeah definately, but those people who don't go because there is a GP on are missing out, because there is nothing like the atmosphere of being at a meeting.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1400690)   #31
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But you could argue about the atmosphere at the GP meeting...from experience a Spa GP weekend is wicked. And I would choose that any day over a WS meeting at Donny!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1400715)   #32
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
I am gutted I am missing the Grand Prix, obviously, as I am a fanatic. But I have not missed an F1 race since 1996, I have watched about 99% of them live and the other 1% taped. And seen as though I was only 9 in 1996, I am quite proud of my untarnished record! I can bare missing a GP if I am at an actual meeting, but as soon as I get home I will be watching the tape! Actually it may make my weekend better, going Donington Fri-Sun, get home Sunday night and watch the F1, then on Monday I am racing myself! What a weekend.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1400733)   #33
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
But you could argue about the atmosphere at the GP meeting...from experience a Spa GP weekend is wicked. And I would choose that any day over a WS meeting at Donny!

I meant watching Spa on the TV, versus going to Donington.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1400774)   #34
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None of the F1 drivers have done the demo laps anyways.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1400908)   #35
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Who's replacing Barber then?
Gustavo Sondermann is Barber's replacement. He did a half season in UKFRenault last year and got a couple of podiums. Pippa Mann isn't the only Briton on the Eurocup grid either, Ben Hanley will be out for Cram competition. He seems very good, this is his first year in cars and has already won 4 times in Italian Frenault, he can still be nominated for the young driver award at the end of the year can't he, even though he is racing overseas? I remember Ryan Sharp was a nominee when he won the German ch'ship.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1400909)   #36
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've got a feeling that hanley might just be a pretty decent driver...
Old 7 Sep 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1401047)   #37
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He certainly wont lack for budget
Old 7 Sep 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1401077)   #38
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
Yeah definately, but those people who don't go because there is a GP on are missing out, because there is nothing like the atmosphere of being at a meeting.
Atmosphere? At Donington? where you can't see anything without binoculars. If 150,000 people do turn up it will be some party,more like the rock festivals they used to have.But nothing to do with racing. I have a ticket but would need to find 3 nights acomodation within walking distance!
Old 7 Sep 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1401145)   #39
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
camp sites are not fully booked yet!
Old 7 Sep 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1401151)   #40
Suze
Veteran

England
Quote:
Atmosphere? At Donington? where you can't see anything without binoculars. If 150,000 people do turn up it will be some party,more like the rock festivals they used to have.But nothing to do with racing. I have a ticket but would need to find 3 nights acomodation within walking distance!
Obviously it's going to be busier than say meetings I'm used to going to there, but depending where you watch from, I don't think binoculars will really be necessary...
Old 7 Sep 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1401160)   #41
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Binoculars?

What rubbish. You can get very close to the action on the inside and outside at the Fogarty's Chicane and at most places on the outside of Redgate, Hollywood, Craners, etc.

There is the added advantage that you can see a reasonable amount of the track from several places on the circuit and can walk round pretty easily to see action from a number of different places.

One of the best spectator circuits in the UK, I reckon (apart from the loos!)
Old 7 Sep 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1401168)   #42
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You don't NEED binoculars but they are very handy things to take to a race meeting.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1401263)   #43
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Erm...Binoculars- what the hell are you on about? I am assuming a) you have never been to Donington or b) your blind. It will be to do with racing why people are there, as I have said there are fans of other motor racing series other than F1, but you don't seem to know that.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1401270)   #44
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The reason most people will be there is because they have got a free ticket. Many will have never been to a race meeting before. If they were real racing enthusiasts, they would turn up when they have to pay, too.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1401271)   #45
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Well I would have gone anyway, even if I had to pay because I am a real racing enthusiast. Sounds like a mega weekend to me.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1401278)   #46
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well I would have gone anyway, even if I had to pay because I am a real racing enthusiast. Sounds like a mega weekend to me.

Ditto
Old 7 Sep 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1401279)   #47
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I'm sure you would, but the vast majority would not. Quite easy to do a comparison with some other meetings at Donington to see that.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1401311)   #48
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
The reason most people will be there is because they have got a free ticket. Many will have never been to a race meeting before. If they were real racing enthusiasts, they would turn up when they have to pay, too.

If it brings in potential new fans it's a good thing of course.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1401384)   #49
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Erm...Binoculars- what the hell are you on about? I am assuming a) you have never been to Donington or b) your blind. It will be to do with racing why people are there, as I have said there are fans of other motor racing series other than F1, but you don't seem to know that.
a, have been many times since 1st F3 race in 1977,facilites seem to get worse each time I go.
b,not blind but do have eyesight problem which is reason I do not drive.
Yes I am a fan of many race series,but the number of us prepared to spend money seems to be very limited.Even with a free ticket,there is the current price of petrol to concider?
Old 10 Sep 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1403904)   #50
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day's qualifying, despite the ****-poor weather!

Anyone know where any easily printoffable results are? MST say "info not available yet" and renault-sport.com is just really **** to use.

Hoping that tomorrow's weather will start off bad and keep the fair-weather types well away...

I can't believe the comments made above about Donington being not a great spectator circuit - in my view it's probably the best - I know of know other (apart from Rockingham) where you can stand in one place and see about half the circuit. Admittedly - and especially on a day like today was - it could use some more covered seating..., so long as they keep it out of the fantastic in-field views!

Last edited by bella; 10 Sep 2005 at 22:43. Reason: stop autocensor dodging you bad boy