Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Mar 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3044221)   #976
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
J Mac confirmed 1390 kg was the figure used last meeting, as those with light cars had to match the heaviest car in the field. For Jmr their only option was to run more fuel which did not help the handling.
I thought they would be able to add lead in an area that helped for all the right turns at Hampton Downs,

Back to the NZV8's as I feel this is turning into a ST thread, whats the production time of the cars for delivery to the 9 that have signed up is there any roadshows in the Auckland Area for the new cars and interested parties like they had at Taupo?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3044267)   #977
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
I thought they would be able to add lead in an area that helped for all the right turns at Hampton Downs,

Back to the NZV8's as I feel this is turning into a ST thread, whats the production time of the cars for delivery to the 9 that have signed up is there any roadshows in the Auckland Area for the new cars and interested parties like they had at Taupo?
Yep! it is turning into a ST thread, it' because we can't stop talking about them, as they are bringing a new refreshing interest back into NZ motor sport and it's been far to long in coming.

I only hered on TV that 9 of the new cars had been signed up, but that could have been just a ploy, to get some interst back in the new car.

I can't think of anyone at this time who would be interested in signing up for the new car, it would be a wait and see I think. As more top drivers are defecting, it's reported that Fogg and Edgell are going over to ST next
year.

If there was a lot of interest in the new car, then I think they would have a road show, but nothing seems to be happening at present.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3044296)   #978
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well you could post about st in the st thread

not everyone is interested in that series
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:18 (Ref:3044303)   #979
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Yep! it is turning into a ST thread.
Well it shouldn't. There's an ST thread for that.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:10 (Ref:3044346)   #980
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Well it shouldn't. There's an ST thread for that.
I am aware that there is a ST thread thank you.

All I am saying is that there is a lot of ST talk on this thread, just as there is a lot of NZV8 talk the ST thread, as both these threads cover a very similar topic, so overlapping of these threads will happen.

I was only agreeing and reinforcing the previous posters comments, who was the poster I was replying too and from that point onwards my post was solely about NZV8.

Woolley, if you had written my complete line as your replying reference, then it would show my vindication, I rest my case.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3044349)   #981
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
well you could post about st in the st thread

not everyone is interested in that series
I know, but you are.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:36 (Ref:3044357)   #982
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep! it is turning into a ST thread, it' because we can't stop talking about them, as they are bringing a new refreshing interest back into NZ motor sport and it's been far to long in coming.
Yep, so interested that no one had posted in the ST thread for a whole week!
How many posts per day is the NZV8s thread getting?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 02:10 (Ref:3044372)   #983
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
Yep, so interested that no one had posted in the ST thread for a whole week!
How many posts per day is the NZV8s thread getting?
I would agree that the ST thread has been a little quite of late, but it will pick up again soon. You have to remember that the NZV8's have just completed there season, so there's been a lot to talk about.

The second race meeting for the ST's is at Easter, so the interest and the thread will pick up then, no doubt I will see you there.
It will be great to watch race's that have a full grid for a change and not those half grid race's that we have been subjected to this season.

Last edited by Jerico; 19 Mar 2012 at 02:18.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 04:34 (Ref:3044389)   #984
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think that if certain people stopped sniping all the time we would be able to keep the ST thread as an ST thread, and this one as an NZV8 thread.
Either that or both threads should be merged...

Nobody has answered my question as to power outputs for the new NZV8 cars? And what if by some chance someone like Toyota joins? Word is that with Nissan joining the V8SC, chances are the existing engines will have to be de-powered as the Nissan power plants will not match the current Ford or Chev outputs.

If that is the case, will it mean that the amount of available power for the NZV8's will have to be reined in if Toyota joined with its smaller capacity engine?

It's an interesting question anyway, even if it's a hypothetical one.

Last edited by Goat Boy; 19 Mar 2012 at 04:51.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 04:37 (Ref:3044391)   #985
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
By the way, I earlier incorrectly quoted the weight of a V8SC as 1455kg when in fact it is 1440kg. I don't know where on earth I got the figure of 1455 from, but my apologies, I must have been half asleep
Old 19 Mar 2012, 04:51 (Ref:3044393)   #986
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
By the way, I earlier incorrectly quoted the weight of a V8SC as 1455kg when in fact it is 1440kg. I don't know where on earth I got the figure of 1455 from, but my apologies, I must have been half asleep
Even if you were half a sleep Goat Boy, you would be more awake than some on this thread.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 05:09 (Ref:3044395)   #987
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
Agreed, and I think if Toyota NZ were going to become involved in developing "their" version of the car, it would make sense that they would want to develop a current engine, such as the UR, rather than the UZ which is now basically obsolete. It gives them the option of running a 5.0 or 5.7 litre engine too. (although the long stroke of the 5.7 might not be that suitable, it is basically a "truck" engine)
one of these would be nice...

2UR-GSE powered
Old 19 Mar 2012, 06:10 (Ref:3044404)   #988
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
one of these would be nice...

2UR-GSE powered
Nice looking beast! Those wheel arches look like DTM flares!?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 06:12 (Ref:3044405)   #989
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Even if you were half a sleep Goat Boy, you would be more awake than some on this thread.
Muchas gracias
Old 19 Mar 2012, 07:42 (Ref:3044423)   #990
flyingduck
Veteran

Where has there been any quotes from Edgell saying he is moving to ST. I would be very surprised to read that anywhere but on this forum. It shows how easy to spread misinformation.

I'm interested in the horsepower outputs from the new nzv8s. The pricing seems very competitive and to bring new competitors into the class and open more pathways for nz drivers.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 08:06 (Ref:3044430)   #991
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Where has there been any quotes from Edgell saying he is moving to ST. I would be very surprised to read that anywhere but on this forum. It shows how easy to spread misinformation.

I'm interested in the horsepower outputs from the new nzv8s. The pricing seems very competitive and to bring new competitors into the class and open more pathways for nz drivers.
Spoke to Tim at HD. He talked STs no mention of nzv8 or mrx. Speculate as you wish.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3044494)   #992
flyingduck
Veteran

Really so that is your reported that like saying I'm not driving an st next year cause I like taking about nzv8s. I'm sure if mr Edgell was offered a ride in either class he would be interested but I can't see him mortaging the house like some have to get the st franchise.

I hope Tim has a place to show his talent next season. He gave Fogg the best competition and his 5 race wins and 2 round wins are impressive.

What drivers would others like to see in nzv8s next year
Old 19 Mar 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3044554)   #993
Pseudonym
Rookie

Pseudonym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Power output will be in the 440-480hp region.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3044785)   #994
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Really so that is your reported that like saying I'm not driving an st next year cause I like taking about nzv8s. I'm sure if mr Edgell was offered a ride in either class he would be interested but I can't see him mortaging the house like some have to get the st franchise.

I hope Tim has a place to show his talent next season. He gave Fogg the best competition and his 5 race wins and 2 round wins are impressive.

What drivers would others like to see in nzv8s next year
Okay you have drawn it out of me, I have to now back up what I have been saying. Here is the list of the 9 MRX cars that have been signed for so far, can you see Tim's name on this list?

Porter, Proctor, Tony Richards, Mckillion, Ross, Tulloch and Richards.

I don't think the sellers are over confident in confirming to many at this time. I think they are more interested in getting as many signed up as possible, to make it look as if they are very succesful product.

Why I say this is because the sign up conditions are $5000 deposit, which is fully refundable if you cancel.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3044856)   #995
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Okay you have drawn it out of me, I have to now back up what I have been saying. Here is the list of the 9 MRX cars that have been signed for so far, can you see Tim's name on this list?

Porter, Proctor, Tony Richards, Mckillion, Ross, Tulloch and Richards.

I don't think the sellers are over confident in confirming to many at this time. I think they are more interested in getting as many signed up as possible, to make it look as if they are very succesful product.

Why I say this is because the sign up conditions are $5000 deposit, which is fully refundable if you cancel.
I would assume that some will continue to use the old car though? Although that will be depressing after a short time as the old ones will get a pasting from the get-go if things are as they should be. And if not, then there will be some questions that need to be answered!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3044862)   #996
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I would assume that some will continue to use the old car though? Although that will be depressing after a short time as the old ones will get a pasting from the get-go if things are as they should be. And if not, then there will be some questions that need to be answered!
I agree, some will not be able to afford the new car, but at least they now have an alternative, they can run in the challenge cup.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3044864)   #997
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
I agree, some will not be able to afford the new car, but at least they now have an alternative, they can run in the challenge cup.
Yep!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3044986)   #998
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Didn't they always have an alternative?

For the 2012-13 season the cars compete in three groups:

1) Complete new chassis with new engine and gearbox

2) Complete new chassis with existing engine and gearbox or new gearbox

3) Existing cars.

All groups will contest the BNT NZV8 Championship and there will be a separate Trophy for Group 3 cars.

By the way, who's McKillion on the list of buyers?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3044994)   #999
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Didn't they always have an alternative?

For the 2012-13 season the cars compete in three groups:

1) Complete new chassis with new engine and gearbox

2) Complete new chassis with existing engine and gearbox or new gearbox

3) Existing cars.

All groups will contest the BNT NZV8 Championship and there will be a separate Trophy for Group 3 cars.

By the way, who's McKillion on the list of buyers?

Mclillion is a director of TMC and was part owner of the triple X team, ring any bells now?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3045001)   #1000
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oh, Shane McKillen. Got ya!

I wondered if the spelling was right. The grapevine said he had resigned as a director of TMC though.