Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Feb 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3366065)   #251
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Had a dream about being able to view from the Mulsanne chicane. There was basically a massive bridge across the road with windows. Thinking about it, it was basically the pit straight on the Shanghai circuit but with more glass.

Now that would be good!
That would be a awesome idea, you could build a restaurant in that. Just hope for no flying Mercedes or you'll be dining with the driver.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3366068)   #252
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm. Imagine how much they'd charge for a beer with THAT view? Assuming it wasn't just for Audi's guests...
Old 9 Feb 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3366118)   #253
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I the only one who wouldn't want such a monster at Le Mans?, certainly at the Mulsanne Straight.
The "roughness" or old fashioned ways, of many of the things of Le Mans, is what creates the atmosphere. Even if it's a several decades old toilet building!
So such a place would ruin it. The view would be great - but the cost is too high.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3366119)   #254
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We cried in 1991 when the starship Enterprise opened. Now we enjoy the views from the grandstand with little risk to life or limb.

There are helicopters. These offer a very good view.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3366152)   #255
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We also cried about the new michelin tower last year, me included, and boy did I enjoy all the info displayed on it.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3366157)   #256
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
It looks like a hockey stick, but yeah, it's incredibly useful and the info is visible from pretty much every single grandstand on the start-finish straight and up to Dunlop.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 20:07 (Ref:3366158)   #257
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
We also cried about the new michelin tower last year, me included, and boy did I enjoy all the info displayed on it.
I enjoy the info! - but would still like it removed
Old 9 Feb 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3366172)   #258
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm quite happy with the hockey stick, personally.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3366413)   #259
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like and dislike that stick. It is great for showing information and can be seen everywhere, I just think the way they organise the information on it, can be a little confusing at times. But that's easily worked out for the second year it's used.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3366535)   #260
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we need a Tenths blimp......
Old 10 Feb 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3366553)   #261
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A Ten-Tenths "Skybox" would be enough for me
Old 10 Feb 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3366628)   #262
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
A Ten-Tenths "Skybox" would be enough for me
After seeing the Top Gear item on the P1 and the amazing footage they shot with a helicopter, I think I'd prefer something flying. And a lot more comfortable than a helicopter, so we can have a nice and quiet drink while watching the race through the glass floor of our Zeppelin which will be doing laps of the circuit at a leisurely pace
Old 10 Feb 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3366635)   #263
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
After seeing the Top Gear item on the P1 and the amazing footage they shot with a helicopter, I think I'd prefer something flying. And a lot more comfortable than a helicopter, so we can have a nice and quiet drink while watching the race through the glass floor of our Zeppelin which will be doing laps of the circuit at a leisurely pace
Agreed. We'll leave you to get that organised then Vincent........
Old 10 Feb 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3366682)   #264
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Agreed. We'll leave you to get that organised then Vincent........
Where did I leave that winning Euromillions ticket?????
Old 11 Feb 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3366782)   #265
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Hey Vince are you watching Top Gear in belgium, missed that part of the show on Sunday as I had to go out, will watch the repeat later in the week
Old 11 Feb 2014, 22:48 (Ref:3367105)   #266
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
"And it's over to Ayse in the Tenths Blimp, here at Radio Le Mans. Powered by Nissan?"
That could drop the invoices! Somebody talk to the bosses here, I'll talk to Eve.
Old 11 Feb 2014, 23:37 (Ref:3367130)   #267
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Hey Vince are you watching Top Gear in belgium, missed that part of the show on Sunday as I had to go out, will watch the repeat later in the week
Well worth it. Great footage of an epic car. Oh, and that red, white and blue is the flag of Holland, not Belgium.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 00:26 (Ref:3367146)   #268
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Well worth it. Great footage of an epic car. Oh, and that red, white and blue is the flag of Holland, not Belgium.
But his location of Antwerp, Belgium could mean he is watching from Belgium....

The plot thickens.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 09:03 (Ref:3367259)   #269
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Vince lives in Belgium, but is Dutch
Old 12 Feb 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3367408)   #270
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Yes I am dutch, but live in Antwerp. I can't believe that that was so difficult to figure out
Old 24 Feb 2014, 12:35 (Ref:3371569)   #271
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not so much "lesser-known" as "illegally discovered".

Never mind how he got up there, we might as well enjoy the fruits of his labour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHQdNKj7K1A
Old 24 Feb 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3371583)   #272
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant, but what happened next, shot from the tree?
Old 24 Feb 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3371591)   #273
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice one, looks like a first lap. Worth the scratches on your body.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 22:27 (Ref:3371808)   #274
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder how long that lasted.
Old 25 Feb 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3371927)   #275
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That reminds me, last year I saw a group of guys with some kind of wooden contraption specially built to take advantage of this spot on the side of one of the grandstands (can't remember which one). It was one long plank of wood the same width as the girder, with an angled piece of wood at the front end (same angle as the girder), with "backrest"-style vertical pieces of wood every couple of feet or so, which provided space for four or five of them to sit up there. It even had straps for them to hold on to.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of them, but here's one of a couple of friends of mine trying to get the same view. Needless to say, I lasted about 5 minutes before my... well, you can imagine - girders don't make the most comfortable of surfaces to sit on.

They packed up and left after the first two laps btw, so I'm not entirely sure what the point was. The view wasn't that amazing either, although it probably meant you could arrive onto the start/finish straight relatively late in the day and still be guaranteed a good view of the start.