Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 May 2003, 12:21 (Ref:613470)   #1
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
airtrack campsite shocker

Just got a letter today saying that because of the ACO, airtrack can't have their campsite at Houx and instead will have to move to somewhere near Beausejour and the Karting circuit. I am pretty disappointed to say the least. I only paid all that extra money because it was the last chance to get a site near the circuit - now it looks like we'll in the back of beyond, hanging around waiting for shuttle buses. Of course they offered a refund but that's not much use 2 weeks before the event is it?

Somebody please tell me it's not as bad as all that. I don't really know much about that area. Is it near any good viewing areas? - the porsche Curves are quite close.
Old 29 May 2003, 12:23 (Ref:613474)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's bad news stefan. I don't know anything much about Beausejour, but I'm sure others do. You should at least have good access to the enclosure at the Porsche Curves, I guess? Could be a great place to watch the opening laps......
Old 29 May 2003, 12:25 (Ref:613480)   #3
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that a viewing encolsure (mud hill)?
Old 29 May 2003, 12:27 (Ref:613488)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a proper banked enclosure. Not all that big, so you'd no doubt have to get there early to stake your claim to a place (or go there during the night or later in the race when its not so crowded). I'd never been there until just before we left at the very end of the Classic last September. I knew it existed but we almost stumb;led on it by accident. I think you have to go outside the circuit on the perimeter road to reach it. Well worth a look, stefan.
Old 30 May 2003, 17:29 (Ref:615024)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Don't worry Stefan, Porsche curves is a great place to be ; for the rest of the track, you'll have to walk a bit...
Old 30 May 2003, 21:59 (Ref:615285)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
as everyone has said the porsche curves are a very good viewing area and you're already halfway to arnage/indianapolis there as well. does anyone ever cycle around?
Old 3 Jun 2003, 18:15 (Ref:619494)   #7
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stefan, have you still got the option to cancel if you want?? I know people who paid something silly like £350 for their Airtrack camping.

If you can cancel and fancy staying on a normal ACO site, I have passes for Expo and Technoparc available.

Either way, have a great time!!
Old 4 Jun 2003, 08:32 (Ref:620133)   #8
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
Yes, we paid £560 per car - including ferries though. I'd have to see If I can still get a crossing - or just cancel the camping part. Where are the expo and technoparc campsites?
Old 4 Jun 2003, 08:55 (Ref:620149)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Yes, we paid £560 per car - including ferries though. I'd have to see If I can still get a crossing - or just cancel the camping part. Where are the expo and technoparc campsites?
Expo is opposite Main (museum) Entrance & Technopark is opposite Karting Nord.I have the camping solution for you. Am emailing you.